Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 hour ago, Kosher Ham said:

are you really agile though ? Nope.

I can tell you this, I'm more agile than most people my size. I hung out with a lot of fast people growing up. Even though them bammas were fast as hell, I had to rely on my quickness to lessen the gap. I'm a poor man's Vince Wilfork. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I remember years ago when ML (much like No Excuses, it's hard recognizing a new handle when you've  gotten use to the other for so long lol) posted a pic in the show yourselves thread, and it was like some unnatural fusion of John Randle and Too Tall Jones. Dude looked like he could kill you by clapping his hands together and creating a shockwaves.

He's one of them dudes like Trent Williams,  where the only way to stop them is with a large rifle (maybe)

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Nah, you have arm span. Reach is a key, but the reason some fighters and athletes are good is close range attacks. 

I can get around that because of speed and space. This is why Rodman is so great. 

Trent Williams ran like a 4.6. I remember in that ****ty snow game here at FedEx, he outran a wounded RG3 on a fumble.

Good luck with that speed :ols:

Edited by Mr. Sinister

41 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Getting back to the original topic, I wouldn't fight Blake Griffin if I were an NBA player.  I know he's home-schooled and ginger.  But his eyes are too close together.  I won't fight a man whose eyes are too close together because it just seems like a man like that can take a tremendous beating.

Z-Bo made Blake Griffin grab his belt loop. A lot of NBA players aren't scared of Blake.

As an NBA player, I want ZERO smoke from James Johnson and I think most NBA players dont either. He is a second degree black belt and unbeaten in MMA and Kickboxing matches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Z-Bo made Blake Griffin grab his belt loop. A lot of NBA players aren't scared of Blake.

As an NBA player, I want ZERO smoke from James Johnson and I think most NBA players dont either. He is a second degree black belt and unbeaten in MMA and Kickboxing matches.

Yeah, James is another one of "Them dudes"

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I need to hear Predicto's story.

Teddy Roosevelt and I had quite the bout of fisticuffs back in the day.  Marquis of Queensbury rules and all that, of course.

We were arguing over whose turn it was to drive the Landau. 

• Haha 2

I myself will pass on fighting Bobby Portis after what he just did to Mirotic. 

I was courtside a half hour before a Warriors game against the Lakers around 2000 or so, and Shaq was standing there talking to Erick Dampier.  Damp was a big, muscular guy.  Really big.  7 footer and probably 280.   And standing there next to Shaq, Damp looked like a skinny little kid, with pencil arms.  Shaq was only a couple of inches taller, but he was so massive - his chest was like a refrigerator box.  His upper arm was as big around as Damp's leg.

They moved around as they talked and suddenly Damp disappeared.   You could not see anything of him from the other side of Shaq.   He was 100 percent eclipsed. 

Edited by Predicto
  • Haha 1

My daughter went to James Harden's basketball camp last year. Harden - to his credit - was there for every second of it and was involved in some way in a drill/station/game the entire time. He's 6'5, but I thought he was a lot thinner "in real life" compared to tv. But what amazed me was just watching him walk around. He walks like a Broadway dancer - sort of gliding. Athleticism that you notice when a dude is walking to an exit is just remarkable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Not that type of speed. Geez. 

That was just assuming you did the smart thing and ran, lol. It would be the only advantage you might have in terms of speed. Most pro athletes would appear supernatural to normal humans in terms of reaction time and short area quickness (I am assuming you were talking about a scenario where you are fighting something like that)

You can attack the lower body (That might tickle, before they decided to kick you and shatter your spine dramatically), or, leaving yourself exposed, they may just grab you and do some military presses with you.

I remember playing around with one of my friends who was a d-lineman on our football team in 12th grade. Just slapboxing and messing around. Caught him once, and he hoisted me 7 ft up in  the air, pinning me up against the wall. That was a hs kid. Im not that much heavier now than I was then

These dudes ain't human. Simply blocking a punch from them would probably feel like getting hit with Thor's hammer.

I'm just gonna throw a smoke bomb or some ****, and make a getaway. :ols:

2 hours ago, Predicto said:

I myself will pass on fighting Bobby Portis after what he just did to Mirotic. 

I was courtside a half hour before a Warriors game against the Lakers around 2000 or so, and Shaq was standing there talking to Erick Dampier.  Damp was a big, muscular guy.  Really big.  7 footer and probably 280.   And standing there next to Shaq, Damp looked like a skinny little kid, with pencil arms.  Shaq was only a couple of inches taller, but he was so massive - his chest was like a refrigerator box.  His upper arm was as big around as Damp's leg.

They moved around as they talked and suddenly Damp disappeared.   You could not see anything of him from the other side of Shaq.   He was 100 percent eclipsed. 

I remember seeing Wade play for the first time in '03 at the MCI Center. Looked so little on tv, but still, was really tall. PJ Brown was probably the scariest looking. Literally looked like a giant Kraken up close

I’ve never been in a fight :(

2 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

My daughter went to James Harden's basketball camp last year. Harden - to his credit - was there for every second of it and was involved in some way in a drill/station/game the entire time. He's 6'5, but I thought he was a lot thinner "in real life" compared to tv. But what amazed me was just watching him walk around. He walks like a Broadway dancer - sort of gliding. Athleticism that you notice when a dude is walking to an exit is just remarkable.

Theres something to this for sure. You can tell the difference in watching someone like Lebron walk vs Greg Oden walk. That was a comparison I saw Simmons make. Said he saw Oden at the Espys and he walked like an old man and he could tell he was going to break down. 

Stars getting calls in their favor is not limited to refs, it seems.

The NBA is suspending Houston's Trevor Ariza and Gerald Green two games for aggressively entering the Clippers' locker room after a Rocketsloss Monday night, the league said Wednesday.

Chris Paul and James Harden will not face discipline or fines for their "peacemaker" roles, the NBA said.

On the Clippers' side, Blake Griffin will also not face a penalty for the contact he was accused of making with Rockets coach Mike D'Antoni or for the role in the on-court conflicts during the game for which he was ejected late in the fourth quarter.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22136579/nba-suspends-trevor-ariza-gerald-green-houston-rockets-2-games

I knew Adam Silver would send a message, I just didn't think that it would be "Adam Silver is a weak ****." 

I gotta say, it's the uncomfortable elephant in the room when talking about the NBA, but the contrast on the outrage meter is magnificent 

Wasn't that long ago Hunter Strickland potentially could have put Bryce Harper in an ambulance, because he did his job, beating him on several hr's. The consensus was either "He was a **** anyway" or "Everyone should fight next game. Everyone. Jets and Sharks!" And the leadup to first pitch looked like a bunch of soldiers facing each other at a DMZ.

A couple punches get thrown, some dudes tunnel their way through an Iluminatti passageway at Staples, and people just lose their minds

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Haha 1

There's a great interview that LeBatard plays all the time with one of the Morris twins. Basically, it's a story of the two Morris twins taking on the entire Kansas football team and coming out of it ok. It sounds like they went back to back like in some kind of X Men movie and just started tossing linemen around.

I'm sure it's been exaggerated, because it's too good of a story not to be.

But it raises the question of how many mediocre D-1 football players would you need to conceivably win a fight with two 6'10 world-class athletes who look alike.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I gotta say, it's the uncomfortable elephant in the room when talking about the NBA, but the contrast on the outrage meter is magnificent 

Wasn't that long ago Hunter Strickland potentially could have put Bryce Harper in an ambulance, because he did his job, beating him on several hr's. The consensus was either "He was a **** anyway" or "Everyone should fight next game. Everyone. Jets and Sharks!" And the leadup to first pitch looked like a bunch of soldiers facing each other at a DMZ.

A couple punches get thrown, some dudes tunnel their way through an Iluminatti passageway at Staples, and people just lose their minds

Outrage over athlete behavior from least to greatest:

1. Hockey - they can kill each other. No one cares.

2. White baseball players. Throwing at someone's head is part of the game.

3. Latino baseball players. If they weren't so demonstrative, there would be no reason to throw at someone's head.

4. Football. Commie thugs.

5. Basketball. Commie thugs who are probably armed.

Weirdly, I think the average IQ from lowest to greatest is actually the same - with possibly football and basketball flipped.

• Thanks 1