Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Andrew Wiggins is starting to put it all together.  Watch out.

I like Fultz, but I thought Lonzo and Tatum were better prospects.  I'm probably in the minority, but I'm excited to see Lonzo play.  I'm not a Lakers fan by any stretch, but the league is better when they have a competitive team and not the church league squad they've trotted out the last few years.

10 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Fultz has the exact same body language as James Harden.  It's like he's his younger brother.  It's bizarre.

Him, Simmons, and Embiid are freakishly talented.  I was still a little skeptical just because they've had so many injury issues, but I'm sold.  They're at least 5 years away, but this team is a future juggernaut.  They're going to win multiple rings.  Even if Embiid busts Fultz and Simmons are the real deal.  I don't think Embiid busts either.

Cart before the horse syndrome. 

Not saying they won't be good and they can possibly compete for a championship in the future.

But "MULTIPLE RINGS"?  Nah.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

McQueen gets mad at me when I mock his over-reactions.

But then he goes and declares back to back titles in 2023 and 2024 for a team after one game.

It's not about what they did in one game.  It's about their talent.

To me it's crazy to think that a team with two transcendent talents and a third guy who could be the next James Harden won't win multiple rings once they hit their prime.

Just like it was absolutely absurd that anyone could entertain the thought even for a moment that a healthy Golden State wouldn't roll the league as soon as Durant signed.  Let's see who owns up to arguing against me about that last summer.

The NBA is utterly predictable.  The 76ers are as loaded with future studs as any big 3 construction ever and they're going to be a juggernaut once those kids learn to play the NBA game.  They have zero clue what they're doing right now and they are going to simply overwhelm teams with their size and talent.  I mean Good God, they're not even using Jahlil Okafor!

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

OKC is the easy example here. 

True.  So I'll add the caveat that "so long as Philly doesn't make the unbelievably stupid decision to blow up their core by making the worst trade in NBA history, they'll eventually win multiple rings."

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I remember when the Mavs had JKidd, Mashburn and Jim Jackson.

None of those guys had the kind of upside that Simmons and Embiid do.

Imagine a team where CWebb played with Shaq.  Oh and they get James Harden too.  That's Philly's ceiling.

17 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

True.  So I'll add the caveat that "so long as Philly doesn't make the unbelievably stupid decision to blow up their core by making the worst trade in NBA history, they'll eventually win multiple rings."

Thats all I ask lol. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Did anyone in 2010 think "five years from now, the Golden State Warriors are going to be a dynasty"?

Nobody knows what will happen in the future.

Golden State was one of the greatest teams in NBA history before Durant because they had one of the three greatest players of his generation and two other All NBA guys filling in the cracks around him.  Then they became an invincible juggernaut that'll probably rip off a three or fourpeat because they added Durant for nothing and now have two of the three greatest players of their generation on their team.

Philly's already got that kind of foundation in hand.  Embiid is the best player from 2014 and Simmons will end up being the best from 2016, both by enormous margins.  We're going to reach a point when they're both in their late 20's where the only other guys in the NBA in their class are Giannis and KAT.  Maybe Porzingis.  Not only that, the NBA is headed for a bit of a downturn during the period where they will be in their primes because the last five draft classes have been so shallow in star power.  The NBA put out stacked draft class after draft class from 2003-2012 and that's why the league is loaded with MVP caliber players right now.  But starting in 2013, the classes started sucking and only one or two really good players have come out per season.  Not a single All Star appearance yet from any of those classes except Giannis and the lack of star power culminates with Malcolm Brogdon winning ROTY in the worst race in the history of the award.

So Philly's competition during the prime years of Simmons and Embiid will be thin.

Philly's years of tanking finally paid off because they were able to build a super team via the draft.  Now they just have to not blow it up by being stupid.

32 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It's not about what they did in one game.  It's about their talent.

To me it's crazy to think that a team with two transcendent talents and a third guy who could be the next James Harden won't win multiple rings once they hit their prime.

Steve, never change.  :)

10 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I feel like Christian Bale's character in the Big Short.  How is no one else seeing this?  To me the statement that Philly is loaded and is a future juggernaut is almost self evident.

They are loaded currently yea. The problem everyone has is ignoring that **** does indeed happen very often. Im picking up what you are putting down but I just dont believe they will keep it together. People habitually outsmart themselves in situations like these.