Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Someone posted this on Reddit talking about a Bulls conspiracy:

Holy ****. Please tell me someone is watching Mike and Mike on ESPN. Ryan Russillo* basically came on the show and said that Jimmy Butler and the Bulls FO are at odds and thats why there are so many Jimmy to Celtics rumors. Russillo* said basically that before Jimmy was a restricted free agent after his 3rd year he was averaging 13 ppg and the bulls FO offered him a 4 yr/44 mil extension to which Jimmy declined. The Bulls FO then told him that'd they'd start TONY SNELL over him and give SNELL jimmy's minutes and give Jimmy the minutes Snell got off the bench to hurt his numbers and crash his value in the upcoming free agency. Thibs caught wind of this and basically said "**** that, I'm starting Jimmy" and Jimmy averaged 20ppg and got cashed out. This is why Jimmy and Thibs are so close, because Thibs had his back and this is also supposedly one of the reasons why Thibs and the FO had issues. So now Jimmy has this distrust for the Bulls FO and also distrusts Fred Hoiberg* because Jimmy sees Fred as an extension of the FO. And then Wade came over and Jimmy basically told Wade everything that happened and wade sympathized with him because of all the **** **** he dealt with in MIA which adds to why Jimmy and Wade are so close

Also Russillo* said he trusts this source that told him all that very much

55 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Someone posted this on Reddit talking about a Bulls conspiracy:

I can see at least some of that being true.  Chicago trying so hard to trade Jimmy Butler doesn't make any sense unless there was a lot of off court drama going on.  But I find the claim that they told him they'd start Snell over Butler a little ridiculous.  It would have caused a fan revolt.

Anyway, if that conspiracy is true, then you basically have to fire the entire Bulls upper management because they'd be toxic morons.

20 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I can see at least some of that being true.  Chicago trying so hard to trade Jimmy Butler doesn't make any sense unless there was a lot of off court drama going on.  But I find the claim that they told him they'd start Snell over Butler a little ridiculous.  It would have caused a fan revolt.

Anyway, if that conspiracy is true, then you basically have to fire the entire Bulls upper management because they'd be toxic morons.

Otto for Butler.  Make it happen Ernie!  lol

"I stick by what I said, I'm not going to make this personal ... he was all whiny last week," Barkley said on the Waddle & Silvy show on ESPN Radio on Tuesday. "... I'm good and I'm straightforward, I'm never going to get personal on an NBA player."

When asked Tuesday if he felt James crossed the line, Barkley said it was a case of shooting the messenger and that he had no issues with James' remarks.

"I was laughing, clearly he did some homework ... he Googled me and found some things," Barkley said. "He was young when I was playing, so I appreciate that, but I'm not upset about it ... my criticism was fair and I'm good with that."

Despite drawing the ire of one of the biggest names in the sport, Barkley said he doesn't plan to rein in his opinions.

"Some of the stuff he said about me is correct -- doesn't make the message I said about him incorrect," Barkley said. "Some of them are intimidated about LeBron [but] I'm not intimidated at all."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18594287/charles-barkley-laughs-lebron-james-barbs-says-continue-speak-mind

Chuck didn't take the bait.  I'm a little disappointed by this, I was hoping Chuck would at least drop a "posse" in there somewhere. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Destino said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18594287/charles-barkley-laughs-lebron-james-barbs-says-continue-speak-mind

Chuck didn't take the bait.  I'm a little disappointed by this, I was hoping Chuck would at least drop a "posse" in there somewhere. 

If I'm Charles Barkley, I'd probably laugh too. That was pathetic lol.

"Nobody says that about my legacy!!!"

They should start calling him the Mad King, cuz he is seriously losing it. And I agree with Chuck, not making the Finals is alright. It really is. He pulled off on one of the greatest feats in American sports history. If anything, he should be playing carefree because he has nothing else to prove to anyone.

But he's so insecure that he constantly has to compare himself to Michael Jordan, who's level he can never reach (6-0)

He's crazy

3 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Lance Stevenson to work out for the Cavs, ahaha. 

Along with Rio and dead ass Hinrich. LOL

• Like 1

I'm sure Charles Barkley made peace with stuff he did a quarter century ago, a long long time ago. I love how he just casually is like "well he Googled me so I'm glad about that ... though he got a couple things wrong."

Though it would've been fun to see them just let all missiles fly in this one, best to just end it here. I really don't think any of what Charles said this past wekk was that big of a deal. If that's what set LeBron off, he really was tired of Chuck's criticisms over the past few years.

This LeBron vs Chuck tiff is simultaneously fascinating and frustrating.  Stupid but fun.  Kind of emblematic of the pro-wrestling spirit of the NBA.  Sometimes that's my least favorite thing about the league and then sometimes it's my favorite.  There needs to be a way for LeBron to settle this by dunking on Chuck.