Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Don't get me wrong - I hate that it (the strategy) is implemented. But I hate more that it's the correct strategy almost all the time.

The excuse can't be that big men can't shoot FT's..or that its harder for them because of their height (or hand size). There are plenty of big men in the NBA history that have been excellent FT shooters. Hell, both of the Gasol's shot 80% this year at the line. 

Of course, I hate the under 2 minute off the ball foul rule too. I'd get rid of that rule and cut the # of timeouts by 75%. I'd also get rid of the timeout gets you the ball at mid court thing they have.

How can a guy win an MVP and not be in his prime? In fact, Barkley improved his numbers the next two seasons

I don't understand that

Plus Jordan and Barkley came out in the same draft lol

I was born in 1993 so yeah I wasn't technically there for it but I still stand by this

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

How can a guy win an MVP and not be in his prime? In fact, Barkley improved his numbers the next two seasons

I don't understand that

Plus Jordan and Barkley came out in the same draft lol

I was born in 1993 so yeah I wasn't technically there for it but I still stand by this

Maybe i am wrong. I didn't research it. And full disclosure, i was not a Jordan fan growing up, so i tend to discredit him whenever i can lol. I remeber barkley as past his prime then. But what do i know.

Wasn't Jordan's comp a bit higher though? It's not like LeBron is single handedly running through Bird, Magic and the Bad Boy Pistons

That's my point. That LeBron did it against some **** isn't a plus for him and a knock on Jordan. And yes, Jordan did. You think his first title came in '98? He beat Zeke and Magic to get his first. Then he beat Drexler and Co. Then Barkley. Payton, Kemp and Schrempf, who were more than legit (check those Sonics teams records.) Then Stockton and Malone. LeBron has beaten...an old Spurs who then came back and shook his entire world up the next season. And...?

And believe me, there are VERY few athletes I despise more than Jordan.

I'm sorry, but the NBA was significantly weaker when Jordan won his rings.   One really good player back in the 1990s got you 50 wins.  One good player now gets you Kevin Love and T-Wolves - missing the playoffs for 5 straight years.    And when Jordan made his big run in the 90s, the dynasties before him had all gotten old.   He didn't beat Bird's Celtics, the Showtime Lakers were pretty much done, and so were the Bad Boy Pistons were done by then.   The toughest team he had to deal with was Utah.  

• Like 1

My solution to the hack strategy is..

Learn to shoot free throws.

The NBA already has too many ridiculous rules.

I look at it as equivalent to a baseball team seeing a runner get to first, and having the pitcher throw over there 55 times in a row to keep him on the bag.   Sure, it's legal.   But it makes the game unwatchable.   You don't want to reward it. 

Fouling a bad free thrower when they are near the ball is reasonable, but just grabbing a guy on the other end of the court shouldn't be a strategy that we reward.  My solution is that off the ball fouls are treated like technicals - the team that gets fouled can choose who shoots them.