Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

43 percent shooters who take a thousand shots a game should never be the MVP, unless they play defense like Bill Russell.  

Maybe that's just me.

They can be the MVP if they're leading the league in per game scoring at 27, along with averaging 7 boards, 8 assists, and 2 steals. That's monster production across the board. The last guard that could beat that kind of sheer volume was probably MJ.

As of now, I have Russ as the MVP.  He's straight up willing his team to wins. 

I know one thing...he's in Kobe's league as far as intensity.  Might even be a tad bit more deranged. 

Anybody who dresses the way he does has to be unhinged, just a tad.

He'd fit perfectly in a Lakers uniform

They can be the MVP if they're leading the league in per game scoring at 27, along with averaging 7 boards, 8 assists, and 2 steals. That's monster production across the board. The last guard that could beat that kind of sheer volume was probably MJ.

If you let someone shoot on every possession, that guy is going to lead the league in scoring, but it is terribly inefficient.   Last night Russ has 36 points and grabbed the headlines, but he shot 8 for 26.   18 missed shots really hurts your chances to win.     

Likewise, if you simplify your offense down to "let one guy drive the lane over and over and sometimes kick it out if he gets doubled," that guy is going to get assists, but your offense will be stagnant.

If you let your guards crash the boards rather than get back on defense, they are going to get good rebounding totals (I admit that one is not as good a point - Russ is just an excellent rebounder for a guard).

My point is that OKC sets everything up for Russ to compile huge production,  He's a great player, but bad heroball tactics are magnifying his stats.  

• Like 1

Thunder about to hold a press conference updating the media on Durant. Very rarely do you hold a press conference to announce a player is fine. Looks like it's the Russ show until the end of the season.

I think it's now clear he rushed back from the injury the first time and had a big set back.