Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Yeah that does suck. I wonder just how good that Portland team really is? They've been playing together for a while now and they have a great coach, a brilliant offense, and looked like they were getting to be a good defense. Aldridge is a big time postseason player and big game performer. Lillard is clutch too. I hope Afflalo really steps up because I'd like to see them make a run. I honestly think they could beat any team that comes out of the East.

https://vine.co/v/OEpQPAqv1Ox

Draymond thought about it for a couple of seconds

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/03/draymond-green-rips-dahntay-jones-after-jones-bumps-him-during-postgame-interview

“If [Dahntay Jones] gets suspended, they may not even notice. So I guess good bump-by, but I definitely expect to be reviewed by the NBA. You know, for him to look at me and look at me again, and bump me, when I’m doing a postgame interview, that’s really smart too, when it’s on ABC. And obviously the postgame interview is the highlight of that segment, and you bump somebody? He got some camera time, which he needed because there wasn’t much celebration from their bench today, so you didn’t see him much. So he got the camera time that he was looking for…He served his purpose in today’s game.”

Edited by StillUnknown

Steph and Russ doing MVP type **** every night..

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12445327&ex_cid=sportscenterTW

You got that right, those two guys are must see TV, pretty much its a guarentee your going to be entertained watching Westbrook and Curry. Just think about it you are most likely going to see that match up round one in the playoffs.

Did you see Russ coast to coast two handed slam off a sprint?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/03/russell-westbrook-coast-to-coast-dunk-first-game-back-since-injury

Its now considered a bad game if he doesn't record a triple double.

and Curry just makes everyone look silly with his dribble moves and passes, That shot where he shot the ball and turned around knowing it was going it was Boss.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/05/stephen-curry-shoot-3-pointer-turns-around-before-it-goes-in-video/

So OKC has two MVP caliber players and can't get to the finals more than once (where they get blown out). Phil Jackson would be on his third championship in OKC by now. Brooks needs to go. Also this means OKC drafted and developed three MVP candidates.

In other news the coverage for Whiteside went sour after he freaked out and shoved Olynik out of bounds last night and got ejected. ESPN reporter, and Lebron stalker, Windhorst is saying that selfish behavior and lack of control are the reasons he had been cut so many times and not given much of a chance to succeed despite his talent. That sounds like code for "this dude is crazy".

I still think Marc Gasol deserves top three consideration. Memphis is an elite team with him, .500 without. He's played every game and he does it all for his team--scores, facilitates, and is a beast of a defender. One of the most impactful in the game.

If the season ended today, I'd vote:

1.) Curry

2.) Gasol

3.) Harden

4.) Westbrook

5.) LeBron

If Houston passes Memphis in the standings, I'd vote Harden second over Gasol. If OKC wins 50 games because of Westbrook, I'd vote him second.

If Durant gets back to normal by the playoffs, they're better than they were last season. OKC will be vastly underseeded. All of those young bigs + Ibaka equals as deep and talented a front court as any team except Memphis. Not to mention they've got the second best guard in the game going through the best stretch of his career and the best overall player in the game. Drawing GS in the first round would be brutal but they could beat them. They could beat Memphis too. And if they manage to catch up to the seventh seed, I'd actually favor them against Houston.

So OKC has two MVP caliber players and can't get to the finals more than once (where they get blow out). Phil Jackson would be on his third championship in OKC by now. Brooks needs to go.

In other news the coverage for Whiteside went sour after he freaked out and shoved Olynik out if bounds last night and got ejected. ESPN reporter, and Lebron stalker, Windhorst is saying that selfish behavior and lack of control are the reasons he had been cut so many times and not given much of a chance to succeed despite his talent. That sounds like code for "this dude is crazy".

I was waiting for that story line to pop up. He's definitely crazy. He's gotten into it with an opposing big almost every game since the Alex Len incident. He swung on Gortat after someone else blocked his shot the other night and would have been ejected then if he hadn't missed. He's got a rep now. Opponents are going to hard foul the **** out of him and relentlessly talk trash to him to make him lose his composure.

And agreed about Brooks. But OKC has also had bad injury luck in the playoffs since their finals appearance, where they caught a Miami team in their absolute prime. The next year Patrick Beverly ****ed up Westbrook's knee on a dickhead play and he spent the whole next season dealing with the complications from that injury. Ibaka also suffered a serious injury at the end of that Clippers series last year and his absence really ****ed OKC up in those first two blow out losses in the SA series. Then he comes back miraculously early and OKC looked right again and they were basically a match for San Antonio. If he doesn't miss those first two games, I think OKC can win that series and then I definitely think they could have beaten that worn out Miami team.

This might be their year. Ironic given how awful their injury luck has been throughout the regular season. But if they are healthy going into the postseason, they're elite.

I've got this theory that Kanye West makes Kim Kardashian go by Beyonce in their bedroom. I also think Brian Windhorst makes his wife wear a headband and go by LeBron.

I can't believe Brian Windhorst has literally made a career out of just being a Lebron stalker since High School. That's unreal.

I went to High School with Eddie Royal. Maybe I should have latched on then...

I can't believe Brian Windhorst has literally made a career out of just being a Lebron stalker since High School. That's unreal.

that would've been a great move!  it should've netted you about 14 seconds, cumulative, of airtime.   live large! 

(and i just realized that i was picturing Eddie House, forgettable journeyman backup PG, not Eddie Royal, middle range NFL return-dude....)

Edited by mcsluggo

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/237008/NBA-Confirms-Cap-Smoothing-Wont-Happen

NBA Confirms Cap Smoothing Won't Happen

The NBA has released a statement that the union will not agree to cap smoothing.

The league proposed cap smoothing, which "would have avoided a substantial salary cap spike in 2016-17."

The total amount made to the players would not have been impacted by cap smoothing.

With the NBA's new national television deal kicking in for the 16-17 season, the cap will increase significantly in the 2016 offseason

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

I've got this theory that Kanye West makes Kim Kardashian go by Beyonce in their bedroom. I also think Brian Windhorst makes his wife wear a headband and go by LeBron.

I agree with both 110%

I went to school with Thomas Robinson....his career trajectory didn't go as well

Nerlens Noel...

He's going to be a good one.

Saw him live last night when the Bulls played the Sixers (awful game btw) and he's a defensive stud. Completely ate Pau Gasol defensively in the 2nd half and dominated the post. Problem is that he has no offensive ability at all

There's a good piece on him on grantland today as well

Before the draft, I thought Noel could end up being like Joakim Noah. Now I think that was optimistic. Noel looks like a springier and quicker athlete than Noah. But he's not as strong (thought I think he has the frame to get a good deal stronger). And the main difference to me is offensive ability. As ugly as his shot is, Noah can shoot pretty well and he's a plus offensive player. I don't see much of a foundation for an offensive game in Noel. He's a willing passer but he just has below average touch on any kind of shot and I have a hard time seeing him become a good FT shooter and a threat from mid range like Noah.

That's why I'm thinking Marcus Camby is a more likely ceiling. A good player and an asset and a potential DPOY, but not really a franchise cornerstone like Noah has been. I could see Noel bouncing around the league like Camby did, always having a team, but never being seen as an essential player. I think there is eventually going to be a problem for him in Philly that will start his journey around the league when Joel Embiid starts playing. Embiid is a vastly superior two way talent. And given the way Philly seems to shuffle around their young talent, I could see them trading Noel and trying to bring in forwards that can shoot and going for a construction similar to what Orlando did when they had Dwight Howard.

Noel would be a much better fit in Milwaukee or Cleveland IMO.

• Like 2