Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per NFL.com: NFL's new bag policy to improve public safety at games

Popeman38

Notice there's no mention of restricting the ability to bring food and water in to the stadiums. 

Bringing your own food and (non alcoholic) beverages was a luxury we lost at FedEx years ago, in the name of "safety and security".

I truly don't know of another sporting venue that doesn't allow fans to bring in a small bottle of water or a bag of peanuts. Some teams like the Eagles encourage fans to bring their own hoagies.

I even tried to bring an empty bottle in to FedEx last year (because I did/chew tobacco) and I told the cat who was patting me down that I wanted to bring it in and use it as a spitter... he was like, "Nope, throw it away."

I know I wouldn't want to be sitting next to a tobacco spitter!  But as far as the empty bottle goes, the only harm in that is getting yourself free water from the fountain.

I take a few different approaches on this.  I understand the back pack Boston Marathon issue 100% but what about the underwear and shoe bomber?  Honestly if someone wants to do harm they will find away to do so no matter what. 

No purses- I understand large puurses, I carry a small water proof bag (Burgundy of course and smaller than the guidelines) that slips over my shoulders does not get in anyone's way, and is always on my body.  Inside said purse I have my wallet with ID, $$, camera, smokes, car keys, tickets, maybe sunglasses (depending on time of game etc).  Any female thing I might need a work ID I always need.  No one needs to see what is inside my purse by being in a clear bag, No I am not leaving my wallet in the Jeep to possibly get stolen by rif raf that roams the parking lots when everyone goes inside. Now I could put a clear ziplock with straps and then put a make up container sealed with my personal items no one needs to see and I will still be within the guidelines but it still is defeating the purpose of the whole thing. I let them check my bag no issue and I open it up while waiting in line.  It is a simple 1 zipper. 

This might be why the no seat cushions-  LOL

http://www.amazon.com/Sippin-Seat-Flask-Stadium-Cushion/dp/B001N1041A

but even then you still have these: (Reef Flops with built in flask)

http://feet.thefuntimesguide.com/2007/04/reef_flask_sandals.php

And other items like the Wine rack or beer belly. 

To me this is kind of silly and I do not understand it at all. 

I take a few different approaches on this.  I understand the back pack Boston Marathon issue 100% but what about the underwear and shoe bomber?  Honestly if someone wants to do harm they will find away to do so no matter what. 

No purses- I understand large puurses, I carry a small water proof bag (Burgundy of course and smaller than the guidelines) that slips over my shoulders does not get in anyone's way, and is always on my body.  Inside said purse I have my wallet with ID, $$, camera, smokes, car keys, tickets, maybe sunglasses (depending on time of game etc).  Any female thing I might need a work ID I always need.  No one needs to see what is inside my purse by being in a clear bag, No I am not leaving my wallet in the Jeep to possibly get stolen by rif raf that roams the parking lots when everyone goes inside. Now I could put a clear ziplock with straps and then put a make up container sealed with my personal items no one needs to see and I will still be within the guidelines but it still is defeating the purpose of the whole thing. I let them check my bag no issue and I open it up while waiting in line.  It is a simple 1 zipper. 

I understand your points. It is impossible to eliminate ALL risk. But they can minimize risk as much as possible. Requiring small clear bags speeds up the security process. Removing your bag, opening bag, looking around inside a dark bag all takes time. A clear bag makes a visual check easier, faster and more effective. Some people get quite indignant when security handles their stuff digging around in their bag or purse. A guy in front of me about had a mental breakdown in front of me emptying his pockets. He did not need to bring pockets full of change, clippers, etc. First timers are never ready like you and I. They have to be asked to remove their bag, open it up, etc. This helps minimize all that from happening.

As for seat cushions, they can be stuffed with plastic explosive for example.

As you said, you can't prevent every possibility, but it can be minimized.

It's interesting because everyone on here has a 100% valid point. Difference of opinions yet valid points. How about this: If you want to bring in a big bag for a child, etc. that is your right to do so. But make it like the express lines at the grocery stores. I, as a single guy with no big bags, etc. who is going to go in 100% within the rules they provide (minus the things in my cargo shorts that I sneak in of course), should not have to stand in line because I get a bad luck of the draw and happen to get there the same time as 15 families with huge diaper bags that just happened to get there in front of me. So if it is more important to you to bring in a big bag for diapers, etc. (and there is nothing wrong with this) then you can do to a different line, which you know will be longer, and have your bag searched. Meanwhile I and everyone else who has no bags go through the regular lines unaffected. You get to decide which is better for you and your family - is it more important to move through the gate quickly or is it more important to have the things you need but wait an extra 15 minutes in line? That's a win-win for everyone and solves the problem UNLESS the whole thing is truly about the NFL wanting to get more of your money. Problem solved...somewhat at least.

I wonder what will happen in the winter when people want to bring in blankets and such to keep warm?  Well, this just means that I'll go less and less.  Like I said, not that I bring a bag in (I don't), but I'd rather stay home.  Just like with flying, I try not to fly until I absolutely have to.  But when I do, I don't break the rules or try and sneak things on.  I follow the rules and do what I have to do so I can make my trip. 

Oh the outrage. Clearly most of the posters in this thread stay at home watching the Redskins on TV. NONE of the bag rules announced by the NFL are new to FedEx Field. Those restrictions have been in place for over ten years. It started the year after the 9/11 attacks. So temper your outrage. In fact, the NFL rule on permissable bag size is larger than it is for FedEx Field.

Easy to complain about an inconvenience until somebody flies a plane into an office building or the Pentagon, or blows up bombs at the Boston  Marathon. Frankly, I am surprised a terror attack has not hit a sports arena or stadium. I'd rather be slightly inconvenienced and alive than the freedom to bring in my backpack and dead.

IF they did nothing, you'd be the first ones ****ing about letting someone in with a bottle of explosive liquid that kills a couple hundred people. We don't live in the 1930s any more Dorothy.

You are talking out of somewhere that you shouldn't be. I have been to every game since the beginning of the 2002 season, including the last 2 seasons with a child. You could, without a doubt, carry in a diaper bag that was beyond the dimensions allowed in the new policy. In it, we would pack diapers, wipes, desitin, bag of cheerios, fruit squeezers, a gogurt, extra clothes, a poncho, a sippy cup fill of cold water, a bag of medicines (childrens tylenol, childrens motrin, childrens benadryl, childrens robitussin). I never had an issue getting ANY  of this past security. They would check, and as long as my daughter was with me, we breezed through. See, this is where our common sense has left us. If I am a dude trying to get in with a bag, turn it away. If I am a man with a woman and a child trying to get in with a bag, search it.  Don't create a blanket policy that you know will result in a revenue stream under the guise of public safety.

You are describing one of the exceptions. Large bags with medical equipment/devices/medicine were also an exception. So the Redskins and NFL teams are going to make money off of diapers and baby stuff. Sure....go ahead and believe that and just ignore the planes flying into large buildings and backpacks with bombs going off around the country. Duck your head into the sand......

Those poor people that got their limbs blown off in Boston would like you to know that they approve of this.

I had this very conversation with several people Saturday and we all agreed that anytime their is a security measure taken in this country people in this country piss and moan yet if they were victims of Boston or the next of kin from 9/11 they wouldn't be so quick to **** about it.

Get over it. You would cry wolf if you were the aforementioned Boston victims or 9/11 survivors.

Are you ****ing kidding me? We are talking about a diaper bag here, not a ****ing Jansport backpack. 12x6x12 sounds like a big bag, until you try to pack enough for a 2 year old for 5 hours in it.. Get over yourself and your self righteous indignation. God forbid we ask someone to *gasp* search a diaper bag. I'm pretty sure searching a bag would have identified a pressure cooker bomb. But by all means, continue to campare a ticketed event with defined entrances to a ****ing city or flying planes into buildings.

Leave the kid at home with a family member or baby sitter. Doing the child no good at the Redskins game. Kid will have almost no memory of the game. It's like parents who insist on bringing their babies and toddlers to movies. Just stupid.....and yes, I had three kids. I hired a baby sitter.

Comment towards the other posters in this thread....These restrictions are occurring all over the country at NFL games, MLB games, college football games, concerts, NASCAR, Presidential inauguration, etc. This is not a Danny Snyder conspiracy to take all your money away scheme. Man, where have some of you guys been the past ten years? The world has changed for the worse. Security has been stepped up for all large events throughout the country. Try to get your backpack into the Boston Marathon next year.

Is all this overkill....maybe. But for all of you guys to be so cynical that this is just Roger Goodall's attempt to force all of you to buy food and drink inside instead of bring it in, well, you have not been attending NFL games. It has pretty much been that way for years in the NFL and for many other events. I know MLB is pretty lenient with food and drink but I doubt that will last for much longer; certainly won't continue when some idiot brings in a bomb at a baseball game.

They let us tailgate to our hearts content outside for four hours before the game. If you can't stop eating and drinking for 3 hours until you go back outside to your tailgate, you got a problem. IF Dan Snyder really wanted to make you poor souls buy all of his food and drink to make money off of you, he would ban tailgating. But he has not. Instead, he has encouraged more tailgating at FedEx Field. Go ahead and spin that into how Dan Snyder is trying to make more revenue off of those of us attending the game. Your logic simply does not work.

I wonder what will happen in the winter when people want to bring in blankets and such to keep warm?  Well, this just means that I'll go less and less.  Like I said, not that I bring a bag in (I don't), but I'd rather stay home.  Just like with flying, I try not to fly until I absolutely have to.  But when I do, I don't break the rules or try and sneak things on.  I follow the rules and do what I have to do so I can make my trip. 

Somewhere I read that blankets are still permitted just not inside a bag. Blankets and jackets are allowed as long as you carry them in without a bag. Security needs to see what you got. That's all there is to this.

Leave the kid at home with a family member or baby sitter. Doing the child no good at the Redskins game. Kid will have almost no memory of the game. It's like parents who insist on bringing their babies and toddlers to movies. Just stupid.....and yes, I had three kids. I hired a baby sitter.

Well thanks for informing me. I may have to reconsider how I raise my child. And the no memory BS, please. Children form memories starting around 2. At 3, there are long term memories that can be recalled for life. And attending Redskins games with her dad will be one, thank you very much.

They let us tailgate to our hearts content outside for four hours before the game. If you can't stop eating and drinking for 3 hours until you go back outside to your tailgate, you got a problem. IF Dan Snyder really wanted to make you poor souls buy all of his food and drink to make money off of you, he would ban tailgating. But he has not. Instead, he has encouraged more tailgating at FedEx Field. Go ahead and spin that into how Dan Snyder is trying to make more revenue off of those of us attending the game. Your logic simply does not work.

What if I don't want to tailgate? What if I just go to the game to just go to the game? Maybe I don't want to spend 3 hours in a parking lot getting ripped before a game. Maybe I just want to go with my girlfriend, or with my family, and experience a real life game in person, without having to take out a small loan. Maybe I wanted security to do their job and check bags and not feel like a friggin' criminal if I decide I want to bring my kids.

Maybe it'd be nice if my girlfriend could carry her purse into the game without having to figure out a way to take feminine hygiene products into the game, or maybe it'd be nice if I could carry a bottle of water into the stadium without being out 5 bones if I spill it. Maybe it'd be nice to be able to take my kid to a game and experience the day with them, and maybe they'll remember, and maybe they won't, but it should be my choice and I shoudn't get accosted for it. Maybe --- and I understand this is a giant leap in the direction of anti-logic --- but just maybe, I want to be able to go into a game and see my favorite football team without being hassled and leaving feeling ripped off.

This is the part where you tell me to get over it and/or just stay home, isn't it? Because all the above is a big part of the reason I haven't been out to FedEx Field yet. Because as awesome as the tailgating apparently is, everything else about getting to the stadium and being in the stadium blows.

I understand you feel passionately about this, but let's be blunt. 1.) No one has flown a plane into a building in the U.S since 9/11. It's been 12 years, and the NFL just now decided to institute the policy. So let's quit the bull**** "PEOPLE BE FLYING PLANES INTO BUILDING ALL THE TIME!" talk and just talk about the second part.

2.) The Boston Marathon bombings were indeed ****ing terrible. I don't blame any large sporting event in the country for applying some restrictions. But, as you mentioned, the MLB tends to be pretty lenient with this kind of thing, and even though they'll no doubt step up security, frankly, the MLB has a longer track record for having a more positive game day experience than the NFL has, as do most of the other large sporting events, nor do they punish fans in the same way the NFL does by blacking out games because of poor attendance.

As I said before; the NFL, in cases such as these, doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. While safety may be part of the reason, it is perfectly reasonable to assume that the NFL --- not Dan Snyder, I don't think many people in this thread are ****ing about Dan as much as they are about the NFL --- took this moment to make certain strict policies even stricter. Love it, hate it, or ignore; the NFL is a bottom line business, and forcing people to buy stuff in stadium certainly helps the bottom line.

You may scoff at the idea of stadiums selling diapers and feminine hygiene products and the like, but if it becomes an "issue", then yeah, they'll stock those things, and they'll sell them at an absurd mark-up.

It's the great irony of the NFL's blackout policy. Common sense states that if you're not getting more people to show up at your games to cheer on the local football team, you make the game day experience as appealing as possible, you temporarily lower ticket prices or offer bundles to make the cost more affordable, and you try and get families to come to the stadium.

Instead, the NFL does the opposite, basically saying "**** you, you can't watch your team on TV unless you show up at the stadium, Jags fans! Now pay $200 to watch Blaine Gabbert throw interceptions, bring all your personal **** in a clear bag because we won't hire and train security to spot suspicious packages, and so help me, if you try to bring in food we will personally kick you in the balls and force you to buy a $5 bottle of water you can't put the cap on and a $7 dollar hot dog that takes like it came from a shady New York vender! What do you mean you want to bring your kids to a game? What do you mean you want to bring a diaper bag in? Does you kid have disposable income? **** 'EM! Um, er, we mean 'safety first', even though most other sporting leagues aren't being nearly as strict because face it, we don't have to be."

Not that increased security shouldn't be taken; it should. But this one thing ---- not every league, not every large event, but this one particular thing with the NFL --- feels less than genuine. It feels the same as every fake me out "safety" rule the NFL adds every year to look compassionate because they're getting sued for concussion and heath care issues, while they continue to push for an 18-game season, let o-linemen cut d-linemen at the knees, don't make everyone where the safest available helmet, et. al.

The world is indeed different, sir. But so is the NFL. If Paul Tagliabue did this, I, and probably most people, would shrug. Roger Goodell gets no benefit of the doubt until he earns it, and I'm less than inclined to believe anything that comes out of the guy's mouth.

Wow, NLC1054 gets it. The NFL is becoming more of a league that makes fans want to stay at home to watch it. The prices are getting out of hand and the restrictions are unnecessary. Proper security training and designated lines can handle this bag/backpack issue.

The members here (extremeskins) are in the minority when it comes to figuring out how to prepare for attending a game. We shouldn't forget that many fans just want to go to a game because it would be fun or the Redskins are a hot team at the moment. The NFL shouldn't forget that either as an entire league. It's popular right now and fun to watch, but if they make it inconvenient and a hassle for the casual fans, they (the fans) will stop attending live games.

The silly blackout rule will only rub fans the wrong way because they know how expensive it is to attend a game and will completely lose interest. Unless, the tickets and concessions become affortable and stay that way for a struggling fanbase attendance.

Somewhere I read that blankets are still permitted just not inside a bag. Blankets and jackets are allowed as long as you carry them in without a bag. Security needs to see what you got. That's all there is to this.

When I go, we have these Redskins roll up chair backs that unroll and drape over the seat.  They have pads and you roll them back up with velcro straps.  I wonder if they are considered "seat cushions."  Here is a picture

23-07178-F.jpg

Comment towards the other posters in this thread....These restrictions are occurring all over the country at NFL games, MLB games, college football games, concerts, NASCAR, Presidential inauguration, etc. This is not a Danny Snyder conspiracy to take all your money away scheme. Man, where have some of you guys been the past ten years? The world has changed for the worse. Security has been stepped up for all large events throughout the country. Try to get your backpack into the Boston Marathon next year.

Is all this overkill....maybe. But for all of you guys to be so cynical that this is just Roger Goodall's attempt to force all of you to buy food and drink inside instead of bring it in, well, you have not been attending NFL games. It has pretty much been that way for years in the NFL and for many other events. I know MLB is pretty lenient with food and drink but I doubt that will last for much longer; certainly won't continue when some idiot brings in a bomb at a baseball game.

They let us tailgate to our hearts content outside for four hours before the game. If you can't stop eating and drinking for 3 hours until you go back outside to your tailgate, you got a problem. IF Dan Snyder really wanted to make you poor souls buy all of his food and drink to make money off of you, he would ban tailgating. But he has not. Instead, he has encouraged more tailgating at FedEx Field. Go ahead and spin that into how Dan Snyder is trying to make more revenue off of those of us attending the game. Your logic simply does not work.

You can take a soft-sided cooler into Nats Park and OPACY. You can take a soft-sided cooler full of beer into a NASCAR race. It is not a Danny Snyder conspiracy, or an NFL conspiracy. It is a straight money grab by the NFL, and they don't even try to hide it. They search your bags at a baseball game and NASCAR. The fact that you summarily dismiss any argument contrary to your POV says a lot. The fact you then try to tell me to leave my kid at home? Pompous much?

I understand your points. It is impossible to eliminate ALL risk. But they can minimize risk as much as possible. Requiring small clear bags speeds up the security process. Removing your bag, opening bag, looking around inside a dark bag all takes time. A clear bag makes a visual check easier, faster and more effective. Some people get quite indignant when security handles their stuff digging around in their bag or purse. A guy in front of me about had a mental breakdown in front of me emptying his pockets. He did not need to bring pockets full of change, clippers, etc. First timers are never ready like you and I. They have to be asked to remove their bag, open it up, etc. This helps minimize all that from happening.

As for seat cushions, they can be stuffed with plastic explosive for example.

As you said, you can't prevent every possibility, but it can be minimized.

I agree with you.  That is what is so crazy with this situation I can see it from every aspect LOL.  The thing is even if it is a clear bag women esp are going to put some things in a non see through bag inside the clear bag. Even a wallet is not see through and you would be surprised what you can do with a wallet.  A cell phone can be turned into something but still looks like a phone.  There is a lot of aspects that "can" happen.  Also women's clothes do not have pockets like men do.  If we have pockets at all they are much smaller.  I blame all of you boys for this as y'all like women's clothes more fitting :)  LOL

I agree we live in a different world and it sucks that people get punished for idiots but it happens every day!

As for kids I do not have an issue with children being at certain games.  I tell people with kids that Dallas and Eagles are not reccomended for young kids.  Nor would I bring a child to a night game.  I am not a big fan of sitters so if Pez and I had a child it would probably be raised at FedEx unless I could talk my parents into watching him or her a game or two or one of us would have to stay home. 

I've grown up in a world where you are expected to buy concessions at a sporting event if you want to. I expect to pay a premium if I'm at a game, a movie, a bar, a restaurant. I've learned to accept this. I feel that bringing your own food and drink into an "event" is rude and looked down upon.

Most people who bring their own food are those that can't afford to spend 6 dollars on a candy bar or $10 on a 12oz bud light. I think it's rude of the greedy owners to over charge it's customers.

As for kids I do not have an issue with children being at certain games.  I tell people with kids that Dallas and Eagles are not reccomended for young kids.  Nor would I bring a child to a night game.  I am not a big fan of sitters so if Pez and I had a child it would probably be raised at FedEx unless I could talk my parents into watching him or her a game or two or one of us would have to stay home. 

We took her to the Eagles game, but not the Cowboys or Giants game (night games she doesn't do, except preseason when we leave at halftime). She is being raised at FedEx and Verizon. I think she like hockey more right now, but solely because of Slapshot. Her first crush! We have the noise canceling headset for her so she is slightly insulated from the gutter talk. But I would much rather her hear those words with me so I have a chance to explain them and teach her than to hear it on the bus or at recess when no adult is around to educate. I firmly believe the more a person is exposed to certain things, the less the mystery draw of those things later. If she is around people that smoke (in an outdoor environment), the less likely she will be enthralled by the mystery of cigarettes. Same with booze. I would rather control the environment with which she is exposed to things. I was raised in a censored/insulated world. I joined the Army and educated myself in the vices of man. I may have gone a little crazy. Ok, ok, I went bat **** crazy from 21-26.

We took her to the Eagles game, but not the Cowboys or Giants game (night games she doesn't do, except preseason when we leave at halftime). She is being raised at FedEx and Verizon. I think she like hockey more right now, but solely because of Slapshot. Her first crush! We have the noise canceling headset for her so she is slightly insulated from the gutter talk. But I would much rather her hear those words with me so I have a chance to explain them and teach her than to hear it on the bus or at recess when no adult is around to educate. I firmly believe the more a person is exposed to certain things, the less the mystery draw of those things later. If she is around people that smoke (in an outdoor environment), the less likely she will be enthralled by the mystery of cigarettes. Same with booze. I would rather control the environment with which she is exposed to things. I was raised in a censored/insulated world. I joined the Army and educated myself in the vices of man. I may have gone a little crazy. Ok, ok, I went bat **** crazy from 21-26.

I always say no to eagles game when asked as I see it as the most violent game around.  I do not know how most parents who ask me parent so I try to warn them about anything then let them decide. 

You can take a soft-sided cooler into Nats Park and OPACY. You can take a soft-sided cooler full of beer into a NASCAR race. It is not a Danny Snyder conspiracy, or an NFL conspiracy. It is a straight money grab by the NFL, and they don't even try to hide it. They search your bags at a baseball game and NASCAR. The fact that you summarily dismiss any argument contrary to your POV says a lot. The fact you then try to tell me to leave my kid at home? Pompous much?

I "said" baseball was more lenient than other sports or activities....and they may pay for that leniency in the future.  But even baseball and NASCAR are limiting what you can take in. Most motor speedways limit your bag to a 14x14x14 soft sided bag. Can you bring that bag into your local concert? How about basketball and hockey arenas? Most deny your ability to bring stuff in.

Your arguement (and others) that it is a straight money grab simply does not meet the straight face test and ignores the obvious terrorist climate we live in. NFL teams permit people to tailgate for hours before and after the game. IF they really wanted your food and drink money, they would not permit such activities outside the stadium. NFL owners lose millions of dollars in potential revenue letting us eat and drink to our heart's content before and after games. YOUR arguement simply does not stand up to scrutiny. It is primarily a security issue and not a revenue issue. Although I will agree with you that it does increase some food/beverage revenue for the home team....it just is not the primary reason.

Yes, it is my POV. Just like your post was YOUR POV. This is a discussion board. I disagreed with your opinion. So shoot me.

As for infants and young toddlers at NFL games, I don't think parents should bring them. It can be a bad environment around many drunk and irresponsible fans. You have every right to bring your child wherever you want. That is your choice. Would I subject my young children to F bombs, beer spillage, being dropped or knocked over on hard concrete when bumped into by drunk fans, etc. not to mention subject the fans around me to my crying or sniveling kid who is upset, tired, hungry, or just plain bored so daddy can watch the football game in person. No. I wouldn't.  That does not make me pompous. To me, it makes me a more considerate parent. But that's just my POV.

Your arguement (and others) that it is a straight money grab simply does not meet the straight face test and ignores the obvious terrorist climate we live in. NFL teams permit people to tailgate for hours before and after the game. IF they really wanted your food and drink money, they would not permit such activities outside the stadium. NFL owners lose millions of dollars in potential revenue letting us eat and drink to our heart's content before and after games. YOUR arguement simply does not stand up to scrutiny. It is primarily a security issue and not a revenue issue. Although I will agree with you that it does increase some food/beverage revenue for the home team....it just is not the primary reason.

Is it a step in the right direction in terms of safety?  Sure it is.  Was the motivation to make this step because it makes the fans safer?  I don't think it is.  I think we've all pointed that out.  What do you think as far as motivation?  Has the league and Roger Goodell given you any indication that they give a **** about you let alone the players that play this game?

And as far as terrorist attacks go... as I've said... the Boston Marathon was an open event.  It was city wide.  Things were going on within that city (work, etc) even though the majority of it was shut down for the event.  You could access it from anywhere.  Stadium sporting events have choke points.  You HAVE to go through a gate to get in.  You have to be checked before you go in.  It's been that way forever and it always will be.  If you have to go in and you have PG county (or the SWAT and DEA etc when Philly is in town) is going to every game, why not have them get bomb dogs out there as well?  At each gate?  How is that not a plan?  Outside of Green Bay (that I know of) I'm sure every NFL team has that kind of access in the area of their stadium.  Would it cost the NFL more money?  Sure it would.  Would it make us safer?  Absolutely.

If the NFL cared, they wouldn't take a lazy approach like this that they can now capitalize on.  It costs them nothing and sets them up to gain more.  That's where the gripe comes from.

EDIT:  So long post short... they (NFL) put the ownus on the fans by restricting us instead of putting the ownus on themselves by paying for trained/more security and bomb dogs, etc.  And now they have empty handed customers entering their stadium for a minimum of 3 hours.

3) I don't like that they take the tops off the water bottles.  I mean, if you put it by your feet, since there are no cup holders and someone kicks it, you're out $5 and thirsty.  I've been bringing my own tops in. screw them.

Venues in all sports have been doing this for years.  There is a very practical reason.  A sealed bottle with liquid can quickly become a missle.  Check out the link below for proof.  The Cleveland fans removed any doubt about this.  In other words, Cleveland fans ruined it for everybody.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=211216005

3) I don't like that they take the tops off the water bottles.  I mean, if you put it by your feet, since there are no cup holders and someone kicks it, you're out $5 and thirsty.  I've been bringing my own tops in. screw them.

Venues in all sports have been doing this for years.  There is a very practical reason.  A sealed bottle with liquid can quickly become a missle.  Check out the link below for proof.  The Cleveland fans removed any doubt about this.  In other words, Cleveland fans ruined it for everybody.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=211216005

So it took 11 years for the Redskins to start doing this?  Because they didn't do it in 2007-2011... or even the pre-season last year.  I showed up to the Bengals game and I bought my cerominial water bottle and they took the cap off and kept it.  I was like, "Um, you took the cap?!?" (kind of like... I'm Ron Burgundy?) and the lady was like, "Oh yeah, we do that now."  I asked "Why?" and she said "We just do." 

But I will start bringing my own.  Good call Popeman.  Screw em.

EDIT:  And more than once this season I had to buy the STH next to me a beer due to celebrating.  It's a pain in the ass for sure.

Bottled water is permitted on commercial flights, but not in some NFL stadiums. The bottle must be empty at the TSA check point, but passengers are permitted to refill their water bottles before they board the planes.There's no reason it couldn't be that way at NFL games. No bottled water at NFL games = ca$h grab. 

The bag issue is a little more thorny, especially for people with young kids. However, these new regs shouldn't have much impact on the average patron in Landover considering what we've grown used to in the Snyder years. I specify 'Snyder' bc the food or water bans took effect long before the rest of the NFL. The downtown sporting venues in DC (where security should be even higher theoretically) don't have those same rules.

I don't want to hear about "security and safety" for water bottle bans.

They let us tailgate to our hearts content outside for four hours before the game. If you can't stop eating and drinking for 3 hours until you go back outside to your tailgate, you got a problem. IF Dan Snyder really wanted to make you poor souls buy all of his food and drink to make money off of you, he would ban tailgating. But he has not. Instead, he has encouraged more tailgating at FedEx Field. Go ahead and spin that into how Dan Snyder is trying to make more revenue off of those of us attending the game. Your logic simply does not work.

Thank you.  People are on here complaining they wont be able to take 10 items with them for a 3 hour football game.  Seriously, if you are a man you only need wallet, keys and cell phone.  A woman may need wallet (or just ID and cash/credit), phone, keys, possibly a couple small womanly products and that's it.  All that other crap you 'need' is unnecessary to watch a football game.  If you have a kid then really cut back on all those things you 'need'.  One food and drink option is fine for a snack.  One or two diapers and a few wipes is plenty.  If they need more than that then they are simply too young to bring to a game; plain and simple, the dream is over - wait a year or two until they are older.  

Archived