Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RGIII Playing with a knee brace

clarkskin

I've been following all the off-season press conferences and whatnot like I'm sure all in ES land have been.  But one thing I have not heard being addressed is whether or not when he's deemed fully healthy if he'll be wearing a knee brace or not.  Has anyone heard any mention of this?  Obviously now he's wearing a rather bulky one.  Just wondering if the final bill of good health will mean he'll be playing without one.  Thoughts?

@ 1:52 it shows RG3's injury 'set-back season' at Baylor, and some clips from
his 'comeback season' with the brace on in games. Pretty encouraging if
he comes back as strong as he did then, but the body ages a bit in
football. Still cool to see and hope for!

@1:52

I got a question about RG#s knee

They said they took a ligament out of his left knee, so the question is what happens if he tears it again [god forbid]. Does that mean his career is over ? I know i will be holding my breath everything he runs, but his running threat that is what makes our offense click

They said they took a ligament out of his left knee, so the question is what happens if he tears it again [god forbid]. Does that mean his career is over ? I know i will be holding my breath everything he runs, but his running threat that is what makes our offense click

There is another thread that goes into what we know of the repair of rg3's knee.  From what I gathered from other ES members...they went in to repair a torn LCL, did that and then exploritorily saw the ACL repair wasn't as good or as strong as it should have been from the Baylor injury...so they went into the other healthy knee to obtain material to make a more secure anchor(s) to bone graft in the injured knee or something.  I'm not a doctor, I don't totally understand it all but there is much talk about it in another thread like I said.

There is another thread that goes into what we know of the repair of rg3's knee.  From what I gathered from other ES members...they went in to repair a torn LCL, did that and then exploritorily saw the ACL repair wasn't as good or as strong as it should have been from the Baylor injury...so they went into the other healthy knee to obtain material to make a more secure anchor(s) to bone graft in the injured knee or something.  I'm not a doctor, I don't totally understand it all but there is much talk about it in another thread like I said.

I'm really hoping for a strong recovery if this is the case

Though we won't know, I'm under the impression stem cells were used/injected or whatever and that plays a part in how speedy he's recovering similar to Adrian Peterson.

Isle-hawg: The brace is more a precautionary extra insurance type thing early on I think. Like protocal, just the way it's done when coming off an injury like that even if the limgament is healed and the muscles are them to support are strong.

He played with a brace after the injury sustained at Baylor and he was fine.

Shanny says RG# is not returning 'till he is 100%.healthy but I would bet he will be starting game 1 with the brace.  How is that 100%  healthy? 

This is why we need a real GM with the power that protects the coach from himself.

I'm sure that there have been a few players over the years that were 100% healthy back from a knee injury and played with a brace, I don't see how you could assume that a player isn't healthy because he is wearing a brace....

The health of his knee and the strength of it are two diff things, his knee could be 100% healed but still lacking a little of it's muscle to help it become 100% stable, therefore a brace is used(as far as I know, I am not a doctor, this is my guess), for example, RG last season after his LCL "strain" or his college season back from his first ACL.

I can't tell if you are trying to take a shot at Bruce Allen or Mike Shanahan or both with your last comment but, I don't understand your complaint, I would like you to elaborate on this subject if you could.

I have not heard many people, or any for that matter complain about Bruce Allen's approach to anything that he has done, maybe I have just missed some stuff, or maybe that needs it's own seperate thread.

Hey, maybe I am just totally misunderstanding what you are saying....

Archived