Rebranding Abercrombie & Fitch #FitchtheHomeless

AsburySkinsFan

Other marketing campaigns:

Victoria's Secret: white trash hipster

JC Penney: under 65 not allowed

Underarmour: uncoordinated white boys

Umbro: soccer ******* and upper middle class whities only please

---------- Post added May-15th-2013 at 06:49 PM ----------

North Face: 1998 called, you didn't answer (seriously folks enough with the north face. Just tattoo dumbass who paid way too much on a crappy coat on your forehead)

Other marketing campaigns:

Victoria's Secret: white trash hipster

JC Penney: under 65 not allowed

Underarmour: uncoordinated white boys

Umbro: soccer ******* and upper middle class whities only please

---------- Post added May-15th-2013 at 06:49 PM ----------

North Face: 1998 called, you didn't answer (seriously folks enough with the north face. Just tattoo dumbass who paid way too much on a crappy coat on your forehead)

You really feel that way abou TNF stuff? My take, it is pricey but great value in terms of how long my stuff has lasted (close to a decade and going strong). And we're active hikers and camper through the year.

You really feel that way abou TNF stuff? My take, it is pricey but great value in terms of how long my stuff has lasted (close to a decade and going strong). And we're active hikers and camper through the year.

Guess I know too many in VF management

I don't think I've bought A&F since I was in HS and able to con my parents into spending their $ on that crap.

As far as plus sizing, or even above 10 sizing, it's well known upper middle and high end designers don't want "fat" girls repping their clothing. Heck, even average girls aren't good enough: I was at a high end dress boutique in Orange County last week looking for a special occasion dress and when I asked for a designer dress in a size 8 (there were only size 0, 2, and fatty 4's on the rack) the sales lady looked at me like I had just asked her for a friggin nuclear launch code or something. :rolleyes: Only that culture can pretend like a smaller-than-average American woman is fat. Anyway, I just laughed as she sighed and dug it out of the backroom and unwrapped a pristine new dress package for me. Whatever, that fatass size 8 dress looked way better on me than it ever would have on the sales lady or any other size 0 cocaine-snorting, lettuce-eating lady with a perma-glare stuck on her face :ols:

Anyway, back to the topic: even A&F perfume and cologne smells like CRAP. So screw them.

Anyway, I just laughed as she sighed and dug it out of the backroom and unwrapped a pristine new dress package for me. Whatever, that fatass size 8 dress looked way better on me than it ever would have on the sales lady or any other size 0 cocaine-snorting, lettuce-eating lady with a perma-glare stuck on her face :ols:

Ohcome on, you can't mske a claim like that without pics. :ols:

I don't know,, i don't have a problem with a company wanting their product to be marketed exclusively to a specific clientele.

They're douches. Big deal.

They self limit their potential customers, and that is their problem to have if they so choose.

So long as it doesn't break any discrimination laws, I just see no reason to get all bent out of shape.

Not making clothes for fat people doesn't break any laws, and being fat does not qualify anyone for any special consideration in this regard.

I'm

A/ too old, and

B/ not a model

So I don't buy their clothing. But i also don't stand in the mall and seethe at them because they don't make anything that I wouldn't look foolish wearing.

I never understand why people want to crash a party to which they are not invited. Inevitably when they get there, they find out why they shouldn't have gone.

~Bang

1) I don't buy things like A & F or Tommy Hilfiger and such so I don't contribute to their riches, plus I'm too old to wear that kind of stuff.

2) We ALWAYS donate our clothes to the veterans or local shelter. We also have a clothes bin in the parking lot across the street from our house in the shopping center that collects clothes.

3) He's an idiot. Money is money and I wouldn't care who it came from.

Why is he an idiot (I assume you are talking about the A+F CEO)? The whole AF value proposition he is selling IS that the product is exclusive. Remember, the product quality is not significantly different from the stuff you buy at Wall Mart.

---------- Post added May-16th-2013 at 06:27 PM ----------

I think the error in his logic is here...

One doesn't have to accept the premise that the homeless are unworthy in order to do this, it is simply a recognition that A&F believes that the homeless are unworthy people and acting in spite of A&F's superficial convictions.

No, it is you miss the logic here.

Archived