Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Schedule: Predict our primetime games

SkinsGuru

I guess you don't attend games? My vacation planning starts at 8:02 tonight. Pretty big deal.

I see both sides of it.

Being from NJ I like when the schedule comes out so I know when the skins will be in town, and what weekends work for me to trek down to DC to go to a game. The added bonus of the free "bud light" game for me has me extra excited as well. I will also be vacation planning.

That being said, there is no chance I am watching a 3 hour special about the schedule. At 8 pm, I'll go to nfl.com or espn.com and read it just fine.....

I guess you don't attend games? My vacation planning starts at 8:02 tonight. Pretty big deal.

Good for you :cheers:

Going from simply breaking the schedule to hosting a show to break the schedule seems like overkill to me. Like I said, I'm sure people will watch, and diehards like you will immediately make plans right on the dot (I've got no problem with that), but for me, it really isn't that big of a deal when I can either see it on my computer/phone at 8, or wake up and get the news in the morning.

Good for you :cheers:

Going from simply breaking the schedule to hosting a show to break the schedule seems like overkill to me. Like I said, I'm sure people will watch, and diehards like you will immediately make plans right on the dot (I've got no problem with that), but for me, it really isn't that big of a deal when I can either see it on my computer/phone at 8, or wake up and get the news in the morning.

I will fully admit I've got a sickness. My wife would agree. It is rather pathetic. :cheers:

good god, are there seriously no schedule leaks yet??? ughhhhhh. also, on nfl.com in the comments section under the "NFL schedule to be released tonight" story, somebody posted "hoping the giants play in charlotte". uh...do you seriously not know that much that all you can do is "hope"? if you are true fan, you know for sure that your team plays in charlotte, not just hoping.

IMO the primetime will be,

Dall@ss: TNF (RG3 was so good on T-Day that the networks want to see that again)

Vagiants: MNF (This rivalry is getting more bitter by the day)

SF: SNF (Kaepernick vs RG3)

Denver: SNF (Shanahan's return to Mile High is just suited for primetime)

Dallas will be on CBS this year for Thanksgiving so thats not an option.

4th And Pain ‏@4thAndPain now #Redskins open the #NFL season on #MondayNight vs the #Eagles. #HTTRRetweeted by Chuck Carroll

Oh I like this. We get to catch the Eagles early on and hope that the new system they are putting in will not be running on all cylinders yet.

Oh I like this. We get to catch the Eagles early on and hope that the new system they are putting in will not be running on all cylinders yet.

that's the glass half full outlook. The glass half empty one is we play a team that no one has film on.

---------- Post added April-18th-2013 at 12:40 PM ----------

In DC or Philly?

It says "vs the Eagles" so I assume it's home.

On the other hand we will have no film on their new offense and they do to us what we did to New Orleans last year.

ehh, I would say if this was the start of last year it would be a lot harder to defend, however what could Philly possibly do that we, the 49ers, or Seahawks haven't been doing already.

btw we can still score points and lots of them :)

hurry up offense.

I really don't understand why the league wants the Eagles to open the season in primetime. Chip Kelly is an interesting storyline I guess, but I'd rather see a game like the 49ers vs Redskins or Giants vs Redskins.

It's open week and MNF. Doesn't matter who they throw out there, people will watch.

---------- Post added April-18th-2013 at 12:51 PM ----------

This also makes me think that the NFL believes RG3 will be ready for week 1.

It's open week and MNF. Doesn't matter who they throw out there, people will watch.

---------- Post added April-18th-2013 at 12:51 PM ----------

This also makes me think that the NFL believes RG3 will be ready for week 1.

Exactly. Week 1, you could put the Browns @ Cardinals on there, and I'd make sure I go out of my way to watch it.

Max # of primetime games one team can have is 5. I'd be shocked if we don't get 4 or 5.

I really don't understand why the league wants the Eagles to open the season in primetime. Chip Kelly is an interesting storyline I guess, but I'd rather see a game like the 49ers vs Redskins or Giants vs Redskins.

49ers Skins will be later in season when both teams are in full swing.

Archived