Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: RGIII makes Redskins elite organization (video at link)

Those guys were all 6th and 7th rounders iirc, no harm no foul...not all 6ths can be Alfred Morris :)

Also still unsure on the Lerib pick.. unless he breaks out and turns into a Nate Newton one of these days, I will question taking him in the 3rd.. it doesn't look like the team has any plans to have him start anytime soon.. and it ain't like there is Nate Newton and Larry Allen in front of him... doesn't give me a warm fuzzy at all.. but such is life I suppose.

Zone blocking lineman take years to develop. Remember, Licht was drafted by the broncos was cut several times picked up by us when Shanny came over didn't do anything year one and now he's exploded in to a solid zone blocking lineman and received a 5 year deal. Lerib has way better physical tools than licht it's just going to take him 1 more year of seasoning before he's ready to start.

I think the other issue on the line is if you have 5 guys who have played for a while together the synergy you get is better than the individual parts . I think LeRib will really be challenging this year for a staring position in camp - Chester, Monty and Licht have contracts that are cap friendly and do not demand the players are starters - if the Carny Killer can come in an ball out throughout camp and the line of Williams - LeRib- Monty - Chester - Polumbus (or Trueblood or Pashos or Cr\ompton) is better than any other line combination then he will be a starter - if not he has shown already he can come in and pitch in where needed ...

I have to say there is nothing in the PFT segment i disagree with - I would say they have not given the front 7 on D enough credit but the 2012 version was clearly not as good as the 2013 version - hopefully we will see a bounce back ...

I also think the safety position has to be the No.1 Priority target in the draft and if we cannot come away with a couple of prospects I think we will be dumpster diving again for a FS but that said the one thing this FO does not do is reach for talent that is not there - we came out of the 2011 draft that was QB deep without a signal caller (dodging the Blaine Gabbert bullet on the way) so if we do not end up with a FS at 51 i think i will give them the benefit of the doubt ..

What I love is the team spirit we have built - the team concept that lead us to 3 superbowls in the 80s . Very Joe Gibbs esque (i do have to wonder what Gibbs II could have done with a Kyle Shanahan OC) we just need the team to take that next step ..

They were glowing up until they said we are 13th in the league in talent. We got more talent than that IMO.

Well that's not necessarily a cut. We have plenty of solid players who work well together, and in the NFL that can get you places.

I have to agree with Ross Tucker that outside of Robert we really don't have a player who makes your jaw drop.

They were glowing up until they said we are 13th in the league in talent. We got more talent than that IMO.

I actually agree with what they're saying. I think talent wise we're around 13th, we don't really have any elite pieces except RG3. We do have more depth than anybody in the league though in my opinion which is why we were able to survive even though we were the 2nd most injured team in the league.

Zone blocking lineman take years to develop. Remember, Licht was drafted by the broncos was cut several times picked up by us when Shanny came over didn't do anything year one and now he's exploded in to a solid zone blocking lineman and received a 5 year deal. Lerib has way better physical tools than licht it's just going to take him 1 more year of seasoning before he's ready to start.

Did you watch him last year? The only thing that exploded was the opposing D-linemen into his face either knocking him down or running him over. Dude was terribad last year. Maybe it was the injury thing but he looked like crap.

Did you watch him last year? The only thing that exploded was the opposing D-linemen into his face either knocking him down or running him over. Dude was terribad last year. Maybe it was the injury thing but he looked like crap.

When was he terrible last year? In your eyes he was terrible but in the godfather of the zone blocking scheme (shanahan) he wasn't because he signed him to a 5 year deal. Did you see him before he was hurt the year before? Licht is a solid piece I doubt he would have gotten that 5 year deal if he was "Terrible" as you say.

I dont think they know what they are talking about. First off, its Rob Jackson, not Perry Riley, thats suspended. We do have weaknesses... its called our secondary. Alfred Morris is special, there arent many RBs that have his vision, acceleration, and power... as a rookie. I do agree that our talent right now is middle of the pack, but we are on the up swing. This team compared to the mess that Shanny inherited is amazingly superior. Oh, and our WRs core doesnt need more speed, our slowest WR ran like a 4.45. We need more size.

I know im complaining about the media when they are actually complementing us, but if they got all of that wrong, i wouldn't take their praise for much.

I dont think they know what they are talking about. First off, its Rob Jackson, not Perry Riley, thats suspended. We do have weaknesses... its called our secondary. Alfred Morris is special, there arent many RBs that have his vision, acceleration, and power... as a rookie. I do agree that our talent right now is middle of the pack, but we are on the up swing. This team compared to the mess that Shanny inherited is amazingly superior. Oh, and our WRs core doesnt need more speed, our slowest WR ran like a 4.45. We need more size.

I know im complaining about the media when they are actually complementing us, but if they got all of that wrong, i wouldn't take their praise for much.

Not arguing with you, but I think Morgan's around the 4.6 range.

I agree with this.

Plus how come the media never mentions during our 7 game winning streak we had the most hurt team of all the teams that made it to the playoffs? I mean even RGIII was playing hurt the last two games of the season. How come very few people don't understand with Orakpo in there and Merriweather our pass defense would not be that bad? If this team stays healthy next year and especially RGIII comes close to last year's form I just don't see how we don't repeat.

I disagree. I think the assessment of 13th in talent is dead on. We came together as a team last year and over-achieved if you ask me.

Over achieved given the team had the 2nd most games missed due to injury in the league last season.If the Redskins had even half of those missing players added to the roster I believe they could easily be top 10 in talent.

I want to ask a question. When you guys sit down and watch the games, do you really focus on the LG? I mean, do you sit there and say, "I'm going to keep an eye on Lich." Because, when I watch a game, I'm watching the whole action and not focusing on one player. Or do you record the game and then think you are a coach and break down the film? Why? Are you coaching? I recorded our T-Giving day win over the Cowboys, but that's because I was out of town and had no access to the game. I went home and watched it, but I didn't break down film.

Don't get me wrong, I like to learn the ins and outs of the game, especially when KDawg has his chalk talks, but I don't have coaching aspirations nor do I have the time to break down film. Kind of like when people are in here on the gameday thread. How do you type, keep up with the thread AND enjoy the game at the same time. I can't have any distractions when I watch.

Over achieved given the team had the 2nd most games missed due to injury in the league last season.If the Redskins had even half of those missing players added to the roster I believe they could easily be top 10 in talent.

I'm not so sure it would vault us into the top 10 but that is definitely debatable. I believe the only players that would truly add to our overall talent level would be Meriweather, Orakpo, Carriker (maybe) and Helu.

I'm not so sure it would vault us into the top 10 but that is definitely debatable. I believe the only players that would truly add to our overall talent level would be Meriweather, Orakpo, Carriker (maybe) and Helu.

Those 3 or 4 you mentioned represent a considerable amount of talent and would raise the talent level quite a bit.Would you not add Fred Davis to that group? Garcon missed close to half the season if I am not mistaken

Those 3 or 4 you mentioned represent a considerable amount of talent and would raise the talent level quite a bit.Would you not add Fred Davis to that group? Garcon missed close to half the season if I am not mistaken

I'm pretty sure they were already including all those guys when assessing the Skins' talent level on the roster...they weren't just going off of who was on the field for the last game of the season lol.

---------- Post added April-9th-2013 at 09:43 AM ----------

The idea that the offense line with the best running game in football is "bad" is pretty funny. Continuity and how well those players play as a unit is what is important. Individual performance is secondary. We have a decent O-line.

Our offensive line is decent enough (except for Williams, who is VERY good). Morris' impressive numbers are due to RG3's presence behind center as much as it is to the O-Line's performance.

Didn't think about Freddy D. Missed that one. But I mean, if you look around and some of the talent levels of other NFL teams, it's difficult for me to say that we truly stack up. That's basically all I'm trying to say. Top 10 is debatable.

I think we would be doing ourselves a great disservice if we did not throw Alfred Morris' name into the mix. The addition of the 2012 late-round RB draft pick was as paramount to our success last season as RGIII was under center (or in the Pistol). A few more pieces to the puzzle and I feel teams will be awfully apprehensive to face us.

When was he terrible last year? In your eyes he was terrible but in the godfather of the zone blocking scheme (shanahan) he wasn't because he signed him to a 5 year deal. Did you see him before he was hurt the year before? Licht is a solid piece I doubt he would have gotten that 5 year deal if he was "Terrible" as you say.

I think that would be Alex Gibbs.

rewatch any of the games, any run that goes left and gets blown up is because he was beaten. Not saying he was beat every single play, but enough that it was noticeable.

In the end it doesn't matter, Shanny did what he thought best, so we just roll with it. IMO he was awful last year though.

Didn't think about Freddy D. Missed that one. But I mean, if you look around and some of the talent levels of other NFL teams, it's difficult for me to say that we truly stack up. That's basically all I'm trying to say. Top 10 is debatable.

Understood and it's all subjective,just expressing my thoughts.

Archived