Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: RGIII makes Redskins elite organization (video at link)

rewatch any of the games, any run that goes left and gets blown up is because he was beaten. Not saying he was beat every single play, but enough that it was noticeable.

In the end it doesn't matter, Shanny did what he thought best, so we just roll with it. IMO he was awful last year though.

I understand where you're coming from however I think he played solid especially after he said the knee was never right this year. We'll just have to agree to disagree, i'm happy Shanahan brought him back he played very well this year in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wibU8l6Pb00

Even still, I really don't think you can point to injuries to try and argue for overall talent. Nearly every team every year has injuries to their key players.

Yes but if you look at the total games missed due to injuries the Redskins were way above the norm,2nd most in the league.My point is they made the playoffs,probably the most crippled team to do so.I think that says alot for the depth that is on this team.

I want to ask a question. When you guys sit down and watch the games, do you really focus on the LG? I mean, do you sit there and say, "I'm going to keep an eye on Lich." Because, when I watch a game, I'm watching the whole action and not focusing on one player. Or do you record the game and then think you are a coach and break down the film? Why? Are you coaching? I recorded our T-Giving day win over the Cowboys, but that's because I was out of town and had no access to the game. I went home and watched it, but I didn't break down film.

Don't get me wrong, I like to learn the ins and outs of the game, especially when KDawg has his chalk talks, but I don't have coaching aspirations nor do I have the time to break down film. Kind of like when people are in here on the gameday thread. How do you type, keep up with the thread AND enjoy the game at the same time. I can't have any distractions when I watch.

I watch and enjoy the game.

Then after the game, if something stuck out to me, or there's something going on that lots of people talk about, I'll go back and rewatch and fast forward and try to look through that game.

I don't think Kory was terrible. I think it was clear he wasn't totally 100%, though, and still working back from the ACL. Good enough in pass support, needed help with the run. I don't think he was a straight up liability like Polumbus, and you can't discount that continuity that he and Trent have, but he obviously wasn't operatinng at his full potential. He played through a whole lot of pain which gets him pluses in my book.

I still think ultimately LeRib takes that job and Kory is the back-up, even if he is signed for 5 years.

I watch and enjoy the game.

Then after the game, if something stuck out to me, or there's something going on that lots of people talk about, I'll go back and rewatch and fast forward and try to look through that game.

I don't think Kory was terrible. I think it was clear he wasn't totally 100%, though, and still working back from the ACL. Good enough in pass support, needed help with the run. I don't think he was a straight up liability like Polumbus, and you can't discount that continuity that he and Trent have, but he obviously wasn't operatinng at his full potential. He played through a whole lot of pain which gets him pluses in my book.

I still think ultimately LeRib takes that job and Kory is the back-up, even if he is signed for 5 years.

That's the same things my novice eyes are seeing when I look at Kory. I'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks Kory wasn't terrible this year.

I agree with your last point as well, I simply think LeRib just has more physical tools than Kory and once he's ready will surpass Kory for the starting guard spot.

Archived