Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Percy Harvin on the trade block

GboroGator

This sucks.:doh:

Russell Wilson is going to walk on the field for week one ... butt naked.

and we are all going to have deal with it ...

good grief.

quick stats:

he's missed 10 games in 4 years.

his longest play of his career (non ST) is 53 yards ... pretty surprised by that.

he's only started 43 our of 64 possible game.

for all the talk you hear about him being a dual receiving and rushing threat, he has averaged 26 rush attempts per season so far.

I wonder if he's worth a first round pick ...

Steadman Bailey's skillset is completely different from the others you mention. Bailey is not as quick or dangerous after the catch. He's not slow, but I think he is more of a possession WR than a playmaker like the others.

Yes and no. Bailey got a surprising amount of YAC in college. More than a lot of the other top receivers. One thing he's good at is knowing where the corner is behind him and after catching it he'll spin the other way sometimes picking up a nice chunk of yards. He's got great hands and actually worked well in the screen game with WVU.

Nice Jedi Mind trick by the Vikings... They drafted Percy 22nd overall, get four years out of him and now get the 25th pick plus two more lower picks. Not bad.

yeah ... I think the 25th overal is way to high for Harvin. He's not the healthiest guy, he's an a-hole, and I guarantee you, once he gets paid... HE WILL BE DONE WITH SPECIALS. Bank on it ...

yeah ... I think the 25th overal is way to high for Harvin. He's not the healthiest guy, he's an a-hole, and I guarantee you, once he gets paid... HE WILL BE DONE WITH SPECIALS. Bank on it ...

The Vikings will get a good pick at 25.

Probably one that is not as much of an asshat as Harvin. The rented him for 4 years, he depreciated only 3 picks in the first round, then throw in two more later picks. That is good stuff if you can pull it off.

The Vikings will get a good pick at 25.

Probably one that is not as much of an asshat as Harvin. The rented him for 4 years, he depreciated only 3 picks in the first round, then throw in two more later picks. That is good stuff if you can pull it off.

Yeah, and let's say they draft Tavon Austin with that pick. They get a solid replacement for Harvin for much cheaper. And with Harvin's health/idiocy issues, it seems like the Vikings made out well.

If Harvin gets $10 million a year I will be totally floored.

Also after the "Harvin" trade, the Vikings WRs under contract for 2013 are: Jarius Wright, Stephen Burton, Greg Childs and Chris Summers. WTF!!! DAYUM!!!

I don't think Greg Childs is on the team anymore. His knees are completely shot right? But yeah, I don't know who any of the others are. They've GOTTA be going after WR's hard in FA and the Draft.

Yes and no. Bailey got a surprising amount of YAC in college. More than a lot of the other top receivers. One thing he's good at is knowing where the corner is behind him and after catching it he'll spin the other way sometimes picking up a nice chunk of yards. He's got great hands and actually worked well in the screen game with WVU.

WVU's system is set up for its WRs to get YAC. For instance if you swap him with Goodwin at Texas, I guarantee the numbers would he drastically different.

WVU's system is set up for its WRs to get YAC. For instance if you swap him with Goodwin at Texas, I guarantee the numbers would he drastically different.

I'm talking about a specific skill of Bailey's that would translate to any system. On normal comebacks and hitches, Bailey picks up far more YAC than you would expect. He catches it with his hands away from his body while setting up his feet to immediately do a sharp cut. And more often than not, he does the sharp cut in a direction that makes it really awkward for the corner to get him.

That's not an element of WVU's system, that's an element of Bailey having really good hands and having refined how he runs those routes.

Yeah, and let's say they draft Tavon Austin with that pick. They get a solid replacement for Harvin for much cheaper. And with Harvin's health/idiocy issues, it seems like the Vikings made out well.

Tavon would be a perfect pick but would love to see vikings go after victor cruz, and get him away from the giants. Even though a 1st rounder would have to be given up but also eliminates seeing him twice a year, and sticks it to the giant fans!

I'm talking about a specific skill of Bailey's that would translate to any system. On normal comebacks and hitches, Bailey picks up far more YAC than you would expect. He catches it with his hands away from his body while setting up his feet to immediately do a sharp cut. And more often than not, he does the sharp cut in a direction that makes it really awkward for the corner to get him.

That's not an element of WVU's system, that's an element of Bailey having really good hands and having refined how he runs those routes.

I never knew WVU to run a bunch of hitches, but I'll just take your word for it. Time will ultimately tell.

I love the comment about Percy lacking rushing yards. Ever hear of AP? Please someone do research before they post (lol).

Harvin is a beast when healthy and was on a bad offense at best. Very good YAC given the poor QB he played for. Having seen Ponder in college, I'm surprised he's an NFL starter. So much politics in football these days.

Harvin have a very rare combination of speed and power in the NFL. Like Fred Taylor, I believe he will get healthier with age. Possibly the best offensive player I saw at UF, including someone named Emmitt.

http://tinyurl.com/beyqowr

Schneider said it was a slam dunk...

"This is a highly unique player," Schneider said. "If you placed Percy in this draft, there would be some pretty strong arguments as to how high he would go, and it would be pretty darn high."

Schneider then explained that sitting at No. 25 in the first round next month, it would have cost a third-round pick to move up five spots. So why not give that third-rounder (next year) and a seventh-rounder (this year) in addition to the first-rounder to get a player like Harvin? Schneider answered that by calling the decision "really, kind of a slam dunk for us."

I've heard/read a lot about "he's never even had a 1000 yard season" (especially on the Niners board I follow) and to that I reply...

Percy was a pro-bowler as a rookie and led the Vikes in receiving his other three seasons in Minnesota - even 2012 when he only played 9 games (when he was also THIRD in the NFL in YaC despite missing 7 games).

Also, the fact that the Vikings have been known to run the ball a bit ;) might have been just a bit of a factor in his lack of yardage (interesting to note though, that in 2011, the year AP was hurt, Percy really stepped up and nearly made that 1000 milestone - 967)

As for his reputation as a malcontent ...

I'm thinking he realizes if he so much as looked cross-eyed at Russell Wilson, he'd be tarred and feather and hung from the Space Needle :)

As for his reputation as a malcontent ...I'm thinking he realizes if he so much as looked cross-eyed at Russell Wilson, he'd be tarred and feather and hung from the Space Needle :)

Now, see you have good validated arguments backing this move ... but this is the wildcard for me. No one really knows what lies in the heart and mind of a person with questionable character.

We have seen it so many times ... he is going to get paid,and paid well, and that is going to cause issues with Golden Tate, with his willingness to jam it up there on kickoff and punt returns, and so on and so on.

Now, see you have good validated arguments backing this move ... but this is the wildcard for me. No one really knows what lies in the heart and mind of a person with questionable character.

We have seen it so many times ... he is going to get paid,and paid well, and that is going to cause issues with Golden Tate, with his willingness to jam it up there on kickoff and punt returns, and so on and so on.

Well, this is Pete and John we're talking about .... let's just say they have a way with "questionable characters" ;)

http://sportspressnw.com/2013/03/thiel-whats-the-deal-49ers-percy-harvin/

Those kinds of unkindnesses don’t seem to have followed to Seattle Marshawn Lynch, Bruce Irvin and other alleged malcontents acquired during the tenure of Carroll, who apparently lays hands upon arrival and the youngsters abruptly leap into a Norman Rockwell painting.

Character issues having a way of blending into the roar surrounding a winning team. And the Seahawks were 12-6 last year and 30 seconds away from the NFC title game. So news of the acquisition of Harvin — receiver, running back, kickoff returner and the primary figurative aneurysm for San Francisco coach and noted neurotic Jim Harbaugh — has added to the roar in the fashion of an Aleutian windstorm.

Seattle fans don't know this yet but they're doomed. They did a great job building a young core mostly through the draft, and they have completely destroyed it in the span of 3 days by doing something that has been a proven failure year after year. There's a reason the teams that are never in the March superbowl conversation are usually in the February superbowl conversation.

Archived