Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody really like/dislike the movie Ted? (potential spoilers)

gortiz

My favorite part was where he was making fun of Boston girls. Movie was what I expected; stupid mindless fun with some great laughs and some lame moments.

This is exactly how my wife and I viewed it. Thought the vulgarity at times had trying too hard to be funny written all over it.

As others have said, had it's moments, but not as good or funny as I thought it would be.

After some reflection, I think the movie probably wasn’t on par with Super Bad or Hangover … (Something About Mary is my Citizen Kane for comedies) but the handful of lines and scenes that were good, were really, really good for me … and of course the subtle scenes are what killed me.

Like when the fat kid said … “stand up straight when you talk to me.” and Wahlberg in a perfectly disgusted and puzzled reaction says, “why the **** would he say that.”

Bad Santa, Sarah Marshal, Semi Pro (sweaty version) and Grandmas Boy are the funniest of the last ten years or so. All time greats, close to your Airplanes, Caddyshacks or Holy Grails.

---------- Post added January-30th-2013 at 10:52 AM ----------

Oh Turkeyburgers? Are we having homosexuals over for dinner? :ols:

I just put this movie on.

Bad Santa, Sarah Marshal, Semi Pro (sweaty version) and Grandmas Boy are the funniest of the last ten years or so. All time greats, close to your Airplanes, Caddyshacks or Holy Grails.

---------- Post added January-30th-2013 at 10:52 AM ----------

Oh Turkeyburgers? Are we having homosexuals over for dinner? :ols:

I just put this movie on.

Is Old School in the last ten years? That's tops for me.

I caught it on DVD a couple of weeks ago. Really enjoyed the Flash Gordon cameo and I can never see enough Mila Kunis, but that was about it. MacFarlane is funnier when you put a leash on him just a little bit and force him to work around a constraint or two. Make him take a few corners instead of just charging down the line like a lead sled.

The vulgarity didn't bother me at all, though it seemed like a too-easy substitute for humor instead of being a good conduit for humor.

Thirteen-year-old me would have been all over Ted.

Archived