Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It Isn't worth playing RG3 on Sunday

The Trashman

I was thinking about it all week and I think it is selfish for us to want to see him play knowing that his knee is not 100%.

Let Cousins play and if we need him, we could get him in there or even Grossman.

Playing him knowing that the playoffs are on the line is just not as important as his long term health.

Nuff said.

Well, that settles it.
Lmao
Trashman: it's not that simple. The Redskins have left the decision up to Dr. James Andrews. Obviously, if he clears RG3 to play, then he should play.
You know that Dr. James Andrews was the one that said RG3 was cleared to go back into the game on Sunday after the hit. I am really torn about him playing. At this point if he feels he is healthy and can play and give us the best chance to win then do it. He is a smart guy, I just have a feeling we will see him... I am not as confident as some about Cousins winning it.

You know that Dr. James Andrews was the one that said RG3 was cleared to go back into the game on Sunday after the hit.

Of course. And he's also the same doctor that performed Adrian Peterson's recent surgery. And he does just about all the surgeries for the top players in sports. If he clears him, then who are we to judge?

Assuming that we win decisively with Cousins, one extremely postive thing that scenario would bring is that it would boost his value for any future trades. Furthermore we will finally know what we can expect from Kirk going forward because the whole RG3 injured thing is going to happen often throughout his career because his extreme athletisism will put him in situations similar to what we saw last week. Or at least his odds of injury are greater.

Of course. And he's also the same doctor that performed Adrian Peterson's recent surgery. And he does just about all the surgeries for the top players in sports. If he clears him, then who are we to judge?
The guy is regarded as one of the top surgeons but I thought it was pretty crazy that he cleared him to go back in after the RG3 could barley walk. I stand on the side of if he feels he can play, then play. Everyone is hurt at this point. We need RG3 to win. I dont believe we can win with Cousins.

---------- Post added December-15th-2012 at 07:58 PM ----------

and the ppl questioning James Andrews smh....even friggin pro wrestlers go to him for surgery
Not questioning him at all. If James Andrews cleared RG3 to go into the game right after that hit then how in the hell is he going to tell him to sit out after a weeks rest?

Lmao

You know that Dr. James Andrews was the one that said RG3 was cleared to go back into the game on Sunday after the hit. I am really torn about him playing. At this point if he feels he is healthy and can play and give us the best chance to win then do it. He is a smart guy, I just have a feeling we will see him... I am not as confident as some about Cousins winning it.

Yeah but how thorough of a medical examination can the doc perform on RG3 in 40 seconds on the sideline?

Archived