Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kyle, PLEASE go no huddle on these fools

awd_sr

Then why was it so hard to get even a sense of urgency to get in and out of plays when it was actually needed, during the Panthers game? Why haven't we done it consistently this season? And if the coaches (who have seen him every day since he's been here) thought he could do it, then why haven't we. If he can, tonight would be prettty damn good time to start.

And to clear things up, I'm not flat out saying he can't do it, I said I'm not sure that he's comfortable enough to do it consistently, yet, in this offense.

Thanks for answering so clearly. I don't know what happened in the Panthers game that disrupted the flow so, but that was week 9 so as you said it might be relative. I hope also that they roll it out even if on a limited basis.

No huddle doesn't work on the Giants they'll, fake an injury to slow the game down to a halt.

Was that the team that did it? I was wondering... there's going to be some fines...

---------- Post added December-3rd-2012 at 05:41 PM ----------

RG3 was no huddle at Baylor. I've been anticipating it since a couple games into the season as an added twist to the offense. Just give the defense one more thing to worry and think about going into the game. Just only do it every once in a while and in totally different situations, almost randomly, especially if we get a lead and start to wear the defenses down, when they sub guys in. Low risk and high reward if it keeps our defense off the field.

I know against the Saints, we wanted to keep their offense OFF the field... so we ate up clock... depends on how tired our defense is I guess...

As a Baylor/Redskins fan, I've of course seen Robert run the no-huddle a ton. But the "detractors" are correct that it takes everyone being on the same page to do it in a way to cause a great advantage for the Skins. If anything, try it at the beginning of the game with a series of scripted plays with options depending on the defensive looks the offense has studied coming into the week.

normally I would agree with you, however I'm sure that you watched the first game between these teams. The skins run up and down the field. The only reason they lost was due to turnovers and one blown coverage play. I say keep the Giants offense on the bench and try to duplicate the last game in terms of rushing and passing with a balanced time consuming attack.

If that doesn't work, then go no huddle :):D :D

Archived