Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training camp in Richmond. RGIII won't throw any more bombs to Robinson unless you go.

Art

The team just asked me to make mention that there's a City Council vote on Monday, Nov. 26 at 5:30 p.m. at Richmond City Hall regarding moving the Redskins training camp to Richmond. For those Skins fans in the area, the team would like to have you show up and voice your support for the move.

The RGIII part was a lie obviously. He ACTUALLY said he'd throw TWO per game if you show up. That's even better.

Cheers boys and girls.

I am going to try and be there with my RGIII throwback jersey on.

Leave it to the city council to try and screw this thing up. This is a no brainer. Here is a premier professional sports franchise with the athlete who is the talk of the sports world and all the talking heads on city council can squawk about is the deal with Bon Secours using the land where the old Westhampton School which is currently a giant weed garden.

It's the same routine in all my 42 years here. Some progressive Richmonders want to revitalize this city and breathe new life into it while others want to sit among the cobwebs and state everything is a historical site. Yeah, I am talking to you Westhampton residents.

Do you really think what Mayor Jones did was underhanded? I mean come on, what a huge opportunity here. Use your heads for once and make an exception about land that belongs to schools when sold or leased can only be used for schools. Their is already a deal to redo sports fields.

The dining scene on Broad St. has improved but can you imagine all the foot traffic that comes with a training camp with RGIII? Not to mention all the free press you get from the 4 Letter and NFL Network when they come to broadcast live from the Redskins Training Camp and the reigning ROY or possbly league MVP?

Dear City Council, please pull your heads out of your posteriors. A lifelong resident.

Oh and another thing. Is this Bon Secours megaplex such a bad thing? I have seen the plan as I spent a lot of time at that hospital this past year. Hmmmm....new construction and more steady healthcare jobs, oh the horror! You should be bending over backwards to make whatever deal Bon Secours wants.

On the one hand, I really wanted the training camp to come to GMU, so I could swing over there in under a half hour.

On the other hand I really like those Robinson bombs. Also, I like sticking it to old fogies who can't get with the times...sometimes.

I'd totally go, but unfortunately Richmond is sort of out of the way, and I have law school work to do. Speaking of which.......

Mods, this thread needs to be stickied!

As a DC resident I'm totally for a move to RIchmond for training camp. Getting away from distractions at home has become more of the norm for NFL training camps. A large segment of the fanbase is from southern Virginia so I'd love to give them a local option to see the team in action.

If it isn't Richmond where would it be. Closer to DC would be better

The plan is to build a brand new facility near the Science Facility of Virginia:

http://www.insidenova.com/news/article_6b9555a5-2e42-59ff-9b62-bfaf22366388.html

To be honest I think the Ashburn facility is outdated compared to what the other NFC East teams have. The fact that we didn't have a bubble until this year was laughable. I would welcome a state of the art facility for the guys to get away from home and bond with their teammates just like high school and college players do living together at training camp. It also promotes the team to the many fans in Richmond and VA Beach some of whom normally have to drive 4 plus hours to see the Skins live.

also, my mom lives in richmond and i haven't visited her in years. training camp was going to be my motivation to finally head back up there. with no camp, i may never see her again.

would you deprive an old lady the chance of seeing her only son, richmond? for shame.

Archived