Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Military Posers

Redskins Ruckus

I got kicked out , but an honorable under general admin, because I was young and stupid. I tried. I take zero advantage of any vet beni that I could, but I had the ball to try and even though I failed, I did it. I joined because we went to war and I was gung ho and figured that's what an american youth shoudl do. It was past me. It wasn't something I was built for. It sucks and I'm ashamed of it, but I did try. I just couldn't handle the discipline. Am I wrong or right?

KB, no fault, no foul, IMO you get credit for the trying. It really isn't for everyone and that's what boot does, weed people out. I can kinda understand, I never knew there were that many people so concerned with the shine on a pair of shoes, I got an Article 15 for suggesting to my captain that his underlings seemed to have a foot fetish. :silly:

KB, no fault, no foul, IMO you get credit for the trying. It really isn't for everyone and that's what boot does, weed people out. I can kinda understand, I never knew there were that many people so concerned with the shine on a pair of shoes, I got an Article 15 for suggesting to my captain that his underlings seemed to have a foot fetish. :silly:

Had to laugh at that one!!:ols:

I never could get that effin' belt buckle shined properly. I hated the discipline at the time, but to this day I carry some of it. (Can't leave home without making the bed, and while I don't strive for perfection, it's at least neat-looking.)

And you absolutely get credit for effort, KB. Thanks for trying.

Being a SF soilder I've seen SF "posers" more then a few times usually by our support personal telling people went asked what unit are you in the claim to be SF or a green beret when actually they aren't. They are usually trying to boast themselves up to look better or to gain some kind of persceived(sp) respect. If I've caught a soilder lying at a bar or PX I'd pull him to side and tell him to knock it off. Now if a soilder is stealing benifits or appling for a job they are not qualified for and if the get hired will be a liability or put others at risk then they need to be dealt with. Other then that, its annoying but I am not all that bothered by it.

Being a SF soilder I've seen SF "posers" more then a few times usually by our support personal telling people went asked what unit are you in the claim to be SF or a green beret when actually they aren't. They are usually trying to boast themselves up to look better or to gain some kind of persceived(sp) respect. If I've caught a soilder lying at a bar or PX I'd pull him to side and tell him to knock it off. Now if a soilder is stealing benifits or appling for a job they are not qualified for and if the get hired will be a liability or put others at risk then they need to be dealt with. Other then that, its annoying but I am not all that bothered by it.

Well your opinion on the subject carries more weight than mine, so I'd defer to it, but the thing that yanks my crank is seeing politicos using some trumped up resume to put a gloss on their campaigns.

Personally, I feel sorry for them. If they feel the need to better themselves by lying about their military service, then they have bigger issues.

What I do have an issue with is if they do it to try and gain some kind of benefit from the VA. We have enough brothers coming home from Iraq and Afghan that have legitimate problems and arent getting the benefits deserved.

BTW.. BISH, I Love your Sig. I was an All American for 8 years. Loved every minute of it.

I agree with zoony.

I'm one of those in the military who are almost embarrased by how much support people get. I like to go about my day quietly. I think it's cool that people like to clap for Soldiers coming home in an airport, but even that was a little embarrasing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not confrontational, but I'm certainly not an attention whore and I think most of those who are in the military are those who don't do much day to day.

That said, if you are stealing valor, you are an absolute terd. That's really all I can say... besides maybe "put down the call of duty" every once in a while.

bishtw, I'm not calling you a poser (lol), but is the pic in your sig photoshopped?

LOL, the Right side isnt, I was contracting in Iraq at the time. I took that pic to post on ES back in the day. here is the original thread.

www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?86723-Extremeskins-in-Iraq.

ES mustangdave added the unit patches for me when he was kind enough to make my sig for me.

---------- Post added November-7th-2012 at 01:59 PM ----------

BTW.. BISH, I Love your Sig. I was an All American for 8 years. Loved every minute of it.

Thanks, Mustangdave put that together for me. I was in B 3/319 FA when I was there. I loved it too until it was time to clean the base every year for ALL American Day!!

Archived