Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Previews of Coming Attractions: Upcoming New Movies (Thoughts and Info on Movies That Don't Have Their Own Thread Yet).

Jumbo

Unfortunately, I already spoiled it for myself on reddit. I'll see it anyway. Big fan of JG and MEW.

Have you seen Winstead's "Smashed?" with Aaron Paul and Offerman?  Probably best movie of her career, IMO.  Though the subject matter hits home for me LOL

• Like 2

Indy 5 set for 7/19/19, and yes, Harry is returning.

Still don't see how Crystal Skull was any worse than Temple of Doom. 

Raiders and Last Crusade will always be the standouts of this franchise.

http://www.blastr.com/2016-3-15/its-official-harrison-ford-and-steven-spielberg-set-indiana-jones-5-2019

Ford will be 77 in 2019.

Lucas won't be a part of this if he stays retired.

Not sure where they go with this film. As long as that awful Mutt character isn't in it. :)

• Like 1

Indy 5 set for 7/19/19, and yes, Harry is returning.

Still don't see how Crystal Skull was any worse than Temple of Doom.

Raiders and Last Crusade will always be the standouts of this franchise.

http://www.blastr.com/2016-3-15/its-official-harrison-ford-and-steven-spielberg-set-indiana-jones-5-2019

Temple of Doom is really out there but just from a storytelling and movie making perspective it is still really far above Crystal Skull.

Temple of Doom is really out there but just from a storytelling and movie making perspective it is still really far above Crystal Skull.

Short Round was every bit as annoying (or worse) than Mutt. Plus, all 3 jumped out of a crashing plane on an uninflated raft, inflated it mid air, landed on snow, went over a huge cliff and fell into a ravine. And yet all people talk about the the ****ing fridge scene in Crystal Skull.

And no, I'm not defending it. But the reality (I reject yours and substitute my own), is that the same tropes really did exist in both movies. 

This one doesn't get as much love as Mud and Take Shelter, but it's my favorite film of his to date. I like the raw, indie feel.

I still need to check that one out. I'll add it to my list to make sure I find it

Yeah I'm interested to see what they have planned for the sequel. Another sequel I'm interested in is neighbors 2. Should be good. And stepbrothers 2 will start filming in the fall

I thought Step Brothers was hilarious so I'm looking forward to that

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah.   B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)

Oscar Isaac reunites with Ex Machina director Alex Garland for sci-fi thriller Annihilation An adaptation of the first book in Jeff VanderMeer's Southern Reach trilogy

Oscar Isaac, Natalie Portman, Gina Rodriguez , Tessa Thompson.  Alex Garland at the helm.  Count me in.

"Based on the first book in Jeff VanderMeer’s Southern Reach trilogy, the story follows a biologist trying to find answers behind her husband’s tragic disappearance. A search that leads her to join a government expedition into an area that’s been sealed off as an environmental disaster zone, only it’s not: it’s a natural wonder with a mythic dark force within. Garland, coming off an Oscar nomination for his Ex Machina screenplay, adapted the story himself."

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/03/oscar-isaac-reunites-with-ex-machina-director-alex-garland-for-sci-fi-thriller-annihilation/

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1