Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles Twitter : Juan Castillo Fired.

Unforgiven

That "wide nine" is the gheyest thing I have ever seen. What did Andy expect giving a guy the DC job that had no business being the DC in the first place.

You just answered your own question (sort of).

Reid hired Jim Washburn to be the DL coach before he hired a DC. It's pure speculation on my part, but I'm willing to bet that Washburn only took the job under the condition that he could have full control over the DL and employ his wide 9 scheme. After all, he had a reputation as a genius DL coach.

The problem with that is Reid boxed himself into a corner. What credible DC is going to want to take a job where he has zero say in the scheme of 1/3 of his personnel? Especially if they don't believe in the scheme to begin with? With that, Reid was pretty much forced to hire a yes man who was willing to work around what Washburn was doing with the front 4. In that sense, Castillo was the perfect fit.

Simply put, the guy was set up to fail. And considering that the DL has been the biggest problem with the D all year (I think sacks are overrated, but the lack of turnovers and pressure is not), I am surprised that Castillo was canned and not Washburn.

Which should please Redskins fans' date=' considering the fact that Fat Andy is 17-9 in his career against them with a 10-3 mark at FedEx Field.[/quote']

Nothing pleases me more than the fact that with all their success, they have nothing to show for it in the trophy room, leaving some of their fans to resort to pointing out the fact that he has a great record against what has been a bad team for the better part of the last 12 years, and has been bad in the division overall as well.

I feel bad for Juan though. He's my neighbor. He's a hell of a nice guy and does know a lot about the game. He'll never say it in public, but he knows that he's just the fall guy for the season to this point. If the offense could score a few more points, this probably doesn't happen. He can take the blame for poor scheme or lack of adjustments in the 4th Q, but it's not his fault the game's best left tackle got hurt before teh season, and that the promising up-and-coming center, their second best lineman, is lost for the year. Our new center, Dallas Reynolds blocks like Casey Rabach for Christ's sake. Jonny Unitas wouldn't survive behind the Eagle's line.

Oh trust us. Redskin fans know all about blowing your wad on a bunch of over rated high priced free agents, instead of building depth in case a guy goes down. It's going to hurt you guys for a few years too. Can't buy a dream team in the NFL.

I'll be elated if you guys pick up Vicks 16 million dollar option this offseason. It'll make me so happy. I hate that guy, but he is the perfect QB for Reid and the eagles.

Hopefully they'd go into some Castillo-esque hiring, sorta like the zorn years here...

At the very least they won't finish low enough to draft G. Smith, and they'll have to trade a buttload of picks to get him, or end up with no qb at all for a few years..

(which I would enjoy immensely, Foles and Kafka.. hahahahaha! )

Archived