Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama vs. Romney: Round 2- The Hofstra University Town Hall debate

88Comrade2000

Wise words, Jumbo; but as an American, I've been spoiled and I want the real thing. I know, I'm a real glutton. :D

In truth, I'm with you amigo, and no matter what my demeanor, I have never missed a potus/govenor/house rep/senate or mayoral vote or even being active in the (anywhere I lived) community for such since '72 (my first).

Stupid question from the young guy; why was it that Ross Perot was allowed at those debates in the early 90s. There hasn't been an independent candidate in a debate sense then.

I'd like to know as well. I hypothesis it's because Perot posed a real threat to both Clinton and Bush (I believe he was leading in the polls in some states at some points during the campaign).

Stupid question from the young guy; why was it that Ross Perot was allowed at those debates in the early 90s. There hasn't been an independent candidate in a debate sense then.

Perot was very respected in his day, closest to day would be sort of a Ron Paul type but while just as eccentric/quirky, not quite as "way out there" on most things. He was very plain-speaking and smarter than hell and in many areas (from economics to engineering) had "been there-done that" for real and had a great awareness of global matters. He was very unlikable polish- and media-wise, and had his rough spots for sure, but he was a real option and left a mark on the whole system. Some of his influence is still felt and shows in all major parties active today, in one form or another.

Wait... did CNN just say we have 35 people that overwhelmingly voted for President Obama, but some of them say he didn't do well enough.

So we are going to have some of them that (6) love the Prez. and (5) that lost some love Real Time grade the debate as it runs?

Being a billionaire and having the dems behind it probably helped, didn't he also have better % poll numbers?

I am just going to accept any label of bias anyone wants to too at me. Without any celebrating of Obama, I just think Romney (even after just the that one question, if I knew nothing else) is such a suit stuffed with bull**** I wouldn't let him park my car---not because he'd incompetent at it, just that I wouldn't want all that "scummy" on my upholstery. I can't believe he really "is" scummy, I just get that vibe from him so strong at a gut level that at time it momentarily overwhelms my detached analysis at times.

Romney has always been slimey. He was that way in 2008 and definitely is that way now.

I am just going to accept any label of bias anyone wants to toss at me. Without any celebrating of Obama, I just think Romney (even after just the that one question, if I knew nothing else) is such a suit stuffed with bull**** I wouldn't let him park my car---not because he'd incompetent at it, just that I wouldn't want all that "scummy" on my upholstery. I can't believe he really "is" scummy, I just get that vibe from him so strong at a gut level that at times it momentarily overwhelms my detached analysis.

Archived