Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You are trapped in the room that you are in right now for one month. Can you survive?

Stugein

I do have cat food/treats in the closet and some salami rounds and low sodium turkey slices in the mini fridge. The mini fridge has ice in its freezer, but even that wouldn't last me. If I could open the window for fresh air I could collect rain water in the dog food bowl, so I will take the month challenge :ols:

Gotta get creative when in survival mode

Um, to everyone sitting in an office, or anywhere that is not a kitchen, it's nice that you think you can survive with all that water & or food around, but where are you going to pee or go number 2?

I'm outside so I'll count myself out, but I could not make it in the room I spend most of my time. It's right next to the kitchen, a half bath and my backyard, and the doors to the kitchen & bath are never closed so if I could have one of those doors open I could make it with the water source but no food if only access to bathroom. I still think I could make it with no food for a month, probably do my fat ass some good.

One question to the OP: do we know that it will be for only one month, or do we just get stuck without knowing a thing and then get "freed" after 1 month? That could change the dynamics drastically, rationing would be easier knowing the date, not knowing would really mess with a persons head to the point they might not survive a month even with the means to do so.

Um, to everyone sitting in an office, or anywhere that is not a kitchen, it's nice that you think you can survive with all that water & or food around, but where are you going to pee or go number 2?

I'm outside so I'll count myself out, but I could not make it in the room I spend most of my time. It's right next to the kitchen, a half bath and my backyard, and the doors to the kitchen & bath are never closed so if I could have one of those doors open I could make it with the water source but no food if only access to bathroom. I still think I could make it with no food for a month, probably do my fat ass some good.

One question to the OP: do we know that it will be for only one month, or do we just get stuck without knowing a thing and then get "freed" after 1 month? That could change the dynamics drastically, rationing would be easier knowing the date, not knowing would really mess with a persons head to the point they might not survive a month even with the means to do so.

Cat litter box for me ;)

Hurricane hitting my ass tomorrow. Maybe just a tropical storm, but still pretty direct. I just bought some more solar lights, a full propane back up tank and some smaller ones. I have 10 gallons of water now and haven't filled the large jugs yet. I have tons of rice and beans and pasta, along with seaweeds and canned veggies. I have several books I've been meaning to get to, plenty of lighting. 2 bottles of wine and bottles of buca, whiskey, rum and gin. Also plenty of dog food. I have a generator with fuel. I also have plenty of camping gear.

Yes, I've been trying to get to those books. Bring it on.

If this was expanded to my yard and a year, my answer would still be yes, no problem. I'm moving to an organic farm too, with free range denali cows and wild horses.

If I could open the window for fresh air I could collect rain water in the dog food bowl, so I will take the month challenge :ols:
  • If your room has windows they can be opened for fresh air, but nothing else can pass through them.

R.I.P. Reic

You can't collect anything from outside the windows, so no rain water for Reic = dead.

What if he could hang just a towel out there to collect water?

---------- Post added August-21st-2012 at 07:03 PM ----------

So, as I understand it, you created a thread asking all us ES'ers "is there water in the room you're in?"

I'd tell him if I was sitting on the toilet if he really wanted to know. Odd technique.

So, as I understand it, you created a thread asking whether or not all us ES'ers are currently in a room that contains a sink?

:ols:

Or a water source of some sort, yeah. Not necessarily a sink. When I wrote the thread I was in my office which has a water cooler with a spare jug. If I were in my den I happen to have a case of bottled water (not a month's worth, though, but some might). Mini-fridges in offices or bedrooms. Sinks are ideal but not the only possibility.

I'm at the dining room table which is sorta the kitchen. How specific is this? If I'm just in the dining room I have a bowl of candy. If I can access tge kitchen I'm good.

If there is a door that can be closed then it is closed with no way through. Otherwise, in the case of an open floor plan, I leave it up to your honest discretion what you would consider to be a single room in your home.

---------- Post added August-21st-2012 at 07:19 PM ----------

It was a joke.

I fail at jokes. :(

---------- Post added August-21st-2012 at 07:20 PM ----------

Assume that you somehow know you will be freed in a month's time. Rationing is a valid tactic.

Yeah, but your in Florida, so whatever caused this disaster definitely dooms you. Sea levels rising at least a foot in this scenario, so all of Florida becomes the ocean. Except the fans of the Rays who are in the Trop watching the Rays-Yanks during this month. Based on boredom, the Rays and Yanks play a game each night, so all the fans get to watch the Yanks go 28-2 and wrap up the AL East crown and eliminate the Rays from the WC.

So about 1,000 people in Florida have survived?

I'm currently in a hotel room. Plenty of water, two frozen dinners in the small freezer, and a couple of small bags of snacks. It would be hard to ration that for a whole month, if I limited myself to a few bites of food a day, I might be able to make it a couple/3 weeks. I doubt it would last a whole month.

Archived