Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

I understand your point' date=' but they are really trying. Did you see the number of bodies they are throwing at the position? We are limited by the "penalty" but like the effort. The wildcard her is Xavier Nixon. He was the undrafted person we wanted before the draft even ended. Most do not realize how important he COULD be to us and the potential this young man possesses. He started at left tackle, in the SEC (Florida), as a true freshman. He was one of the most coveted HS recruits in the nation. The kicker is that his strengths are quick feet and great athleticism. He is IDEALLY suited for the zone blocking scheme. He needs to develop a mean streak (Trent can teach him this), and an NFL body. He could actually be THE steal of 2013. Pray for him fellow skins fans, because we may have a true diamond here. HTTR[/quote']

I think people griping about the o-line is less us not addressing the issue and more us not addressing it the way they want.

At the end of the day, they re-signed the starter from last year who, while not great, is still better than a lot of other teams, especially in the run game. They bought in two free agents, one a veteran with lots of experience who was a premium pass blocker before injury derailed him, and one a younger guy that might present some upside. They have a guy they really like from last year and spent a draft pick on, and they signed one of the bigger names that slipped in the draft who, while raw as all get out, represents significant upside if developed as well.

None of those guys have "sizzle", but I think the idea we didn't properly address the o-line is silly. But then again, it seems like every year, no matter how many linemen we do or don't draft, there's people who complain that we either didn't draft enough linemen, or didn't draft good enough linemen.

Can't please everyone.

Let me introduce you to the SOCON Freshman of the Year:

Sean Price - Appalachian State Mountaineers | Profile

[color="yellow"]WR #14 Sean Price

Position:	 Wide Receiver
Height:	         6'5"
Weight:	         210
Year:	         RS Sophomore (2013)
City/State:	 Reston, Va.
High School:	 South Lakes[/color]

The Profile wants to give you a comp of Brian Quick and at first look you can see the differences. Price doesn't look exactly the same anatomically. Price doesn't look as tall, though he is tall himself. Quick looked leaner in his build as well, while Price's leanness I attribute more to the fact that he's still young, hasn't developed yet. They don't have the same body and they play in different styles.

Price is an outsider receiver, like Quick, but Price is much more shifty and shows more agility after the catch trying to create on his own. After the catch Price acts more like a RB than the smooth glider of Quick.

The first huge attribute of Price's that you'll notice is that the kid can leap. He has a track background, but his ALL-MET recognition came from the triple and long jump. Here, in the vids, Price shows off great leaping ability. Price, I'd guess, has an incredible Vertical leap and thus a large Explosion Index rating. I mean look at his leaps, he is literally a couple feet above any contender on jump balls.

He's currently a redshirt Soph, so at completion of 2013, he will have spent 3 years in college and thus draft eligible.

He played only two years of HS ball and now 1 year of college ball. His body is fresh. I don't know what degree of injury he sustained to his ankle in 2011.

Sean Price - Profile:

"Physically imposing, ultra-athletic redshirt freshman has drawn comparisons to former teammate Brian Quick, Appalachian’s all-time leading receiver.

He sustained an ankle injury early last season that kept him out of action for the rest of the rookie campaign but was perhaps the biggest star of the offseason with his performance during spring practice.

A former track standout boasts elite size (6-5, 210 pounds) and athleticism to make acrobatic catches in traffic and stretch the field with his speed.

Listed as the starter at the ‘X’ receiver position.

2011: Earned a spot on the travel roster and appeared in the first three games of the season. He made his first-career catch with a six-yard reception versus North Carolina A&T.

He sustained an ankle injury during win over Savannah State and did not return to action the rest of the campaign. He aapplied for and received a medical redshirt from the NCAA.

High School: Caught 49 passes for 820 yards and eight touchdowns and ran 14 times for 275 yards and four scores as a senior.

He helped lead South Lakes to an 8-4 record and appearance in Virginia AAA playoffs in 2010.

He played just two years of high-school football.

He is perhaps better known as a track standout, earning all-Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area recognition as a junior after winning district and regional championships in the triple (46-8.5) and long (21-11.75) jumps.

Personal: Full name is Sean Anthony Price, born July 3, 1993 (19 years old). His brother, A.J., is a senior wide receiver at Akron. Price is majoring in history/social studies education.

__

Sean Price vs Montana 2012

__

Sean Price 2012 Highlights, WR Appalachian State

__

11/06/12 - NOV 5, SOCON OFFENSIVE PLAYER & FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK:

Sean Price, Appalachian State, Fr., WR, Reston, Va.

Freshman WR Sean Price caught 7 passes for 231 yards and 1 touchdown as Appalachian State knocked off top-ranked Georgia Southern, 31-28.

Sean Price Cinematic Highlights vs Georgia Southern 2012

11/06/12 - NOV 5 SPORTS NETWORK NATIONAL FCS CO-FRESHMEN OF THE WEEK:

__

11/25/12 - 2012 SOCON FRESHMAN OF THE YEAR: Sean Price, WR, Appalachian State

Sean Price | Appalachian State, WR: 2016 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

__

Football | NCAA | Player Stats - Sean Price - Appalachian State Mountaineers - washingtonpost.com

[color="yellow"]                       Career Rushing          /       Receiving Stats
Year	Team	G	Rush	Yds	Yd/Rush	TDs	Rec	Yds	Yd/Rec	TDs
2011	App 	3	0	0	-	0	1	6	6.0	0
2012	App 	10	0	0	-	0	81	1196	14.8	8

Career	 	13	0	0	-	0	82	1202	14.7	8[/color]

---------- Post added May-4th-2013 at 08:40 PM ----------

Sean-Price-vs.-GSU2.jpg

For those who attended the 2012 matchup between No. Appalachian State and No. 1 Georgia Southern, they were treated to truly one of the greatest games in the storied rivalry between the two institutions.
Just as remarkable for the Mountaineers was the performance by redshirt freshman wide receiver Sean Price, who hauled in seven passes for an Appalachian State freshman record 231 yards, which included a dazzling 56-yard TD catch, which featured a pair of spin moves which allowed Price to sprint free down the sidelines, finding his way all the way to Paulson Stadium pay dirt, as a part of a 21-point second-quarter explosion by the ASU offense.
The second quarter would be the highlight of an afternoon that would see Price establish a new freshman record at Appalachian State. His 56-yard TD reception in the second quarter helped the Mountaineers pull within four points, at 21-17, in the second quarter, quick starting what would become a record-setting afternoon for the freshman wide receiver.
Price also had another 67-yard catch with ASU in the shadow of its own goalposts on a third-and-29 play later in the ballgame.

http://saturdayblitz.com/2013/05/03/appalachian-states-southern-conference-legacy-moments-and-milestones-no-9/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Hot%2BTopics

The difference is, I try and look at things logically to come to a conclusion. And sometimes, hell, maybe even most times, I may not be right. But at least I try to come at it by examining all sides.

You simply turn up your nose and say "Well in my opinion", based on your own personal criteria separate from whatever else happened.

But at any rate, I'm not gonna derail this thread anymore trying to get you to think outside of the box you've put yourself in, so I'll bow out and let you feel like you've won.

Lol, 'turn up my nose', nice.

And to be clear I don't post to 'win' arguments, I post to have discussions.

That is where the differences between me and you begin.

Can't believe we acquired a once-in-a-lifetime QB--he sustained major injuries his first year--and we're still playing russian roulette with our OL.

While I agree that we need an upgrade at RT - and it remains to be seen if Compton is any kind of answer - it should be pointed out that RGIIi was not injured in the pocket. He was not injured running read option either. All his injuries came on scrambles and then the blown snap.

While I agree that we need an upgrade at RT - and it remains to be seen if Compton is any kind of answer - it should be pointed out that RGIIi was not injured in the pocket. He was not injured running read option either. All his injuries came on scrambles and then the blown snap.

Very true. But one of the best things left for us to do is to try and limit future damage is fix that RT situation.

I don't think we had many good options to fix RT this offseason though. Didn't have FA dollars. There was a huge run on tackles before we made our first pick in the draft. We drafted well but didn't get a RT. Sometimes that's how it goes. Perhaps we liked someone like Aboushi but he ended up going before we thought he would.

If we could go back, I think I would handle the fourth and fifth round differently. Chris Thompson and Brandon Jenkins and Phillip Thomas are all nice picks. But Thompson was probably a reach and a very meaty part of the class went in between our Thomas and Thompson picks. Patton, Denard, Aboushi,Malliciah Goodman, Jesse Williams, Lattimore, Randle, and Quanterus Smith all got drafted in that range. With the benefit of hindsight, I would rather have moved down from the Thomas pick and up from the Thompson pick to get Patton and Aboushi.

Obviously you don't get hindsight when the bullets are flying. I thought we did about as well as we could having to make decisions in real time. In general, I like that we stayed put and let the draft come to us rather than moving down endlessly to accumulate a bunch of replacement level talent that won't be on the roster in season three a la 2011.

Another realistic potential move I guess was picking Tanner Hawkinson at the Thompson pick or Ricky Wagner at the Jenkins pick. But I've never been totally sold on either of those players. If Thompson and Jenkins get healthy, their upside is a lot higher than Hawkinson's or Wagner's IMO. Particularly Jenkins. If given the chance to go back, I would still pick Thompson and Jenkins instead. I definitely wouldn't change the Amerson or Rambo picks even with hindsight.

We're just going to have to look ahead to next year for an opportunity to upgrade RT. This year should be all about getting RGIII healthy, getting a bounce back season from the defense and grooming our young DBs, getting a couple of receivers to emerge, and getting the rest of our OL to further gel into a great unit. I would love to see some of the group of Compton, Gettis, and LeRibeus start to show something this season.

I'm also looking forward to how our WR and RB situation shakes out.

He was injured due to breakdowns in protection from the right side, so yes, fixing RT is a must.

He was injured due to breakdowns in protection from the right side, so yes, fixing RT is a must.

No he wasn't.

He had pressure off the right side when he got his concussion, but he really should've thrown the ball out of bounds. He went forwards towards the line of scrimmage and got punished for it.

The first leg injury came up the middle and he bailed left.

The "tweak" in the playoffs was coming off a naked boot where the backside defender is always, for the most part, unblocked. It had nothing to do with the right tackle.

And the botched snap didn't either.

As per NLCs post above that not the case - but that does not mean that I don't agree we don't probably need an upgrade at RT. The probably is because we don't know what we have in Compton and Pashos had some good years at tackle and while its a long shot he might surprise us in a good way.

I think people griping about the o-line is less us not addressing the issue and more us not addressing it the way they want.

At the end of the day, they re-signed the starter from last year who, while not great, is still better than a lot of other teams, especially in the run game. They bought in two free agents, one a veteran with lots of experience who was a premium pass blocker before injury derailed him, and one a younger guy that might present some upside. They have a guy they really like from last year and spent a draft pick on, and they signed one of the bigger names that slipped in the draft who, while raw as all get out, represents significant upside if developed as well.

None of those guys have "sizzle", but I think the idea we didn't properly address the o-line is silly. But then again, it seems like every year, no matter how many linemen we do or don't draft, there's people who complain that we either didn't draft enough linemen, or didn't draft good enough linemen.

Can't please everyone.

Amen to this. HTTR! :helmet:

The offense last year was great.

And I don't mean that as hyperbole. #1 Rushing; #4 Points; #5 Yards #6 in Passing efficiency (FBO)

The offense was very effective and efficient last year even with subpar play at the RT spot.

But, pass protection in known passing situations was lacking and imo (lol) limited the playcalling on 3rd downs.(i'm sure protecting a rookie QB was also a factor)

Going forward if this offense plans to expand its passing game and improve on 3rd downs the pass protection from the RT spot is gonna have to improve.

Hopefully someone steps up.

As per NLCs post above that not the case - but that does not mean that I don't agree we don't probably need an upgrade at RT. The probably is because we don't know what we have in Compton and Pashos had some good years at tackle and while its a long shot he might surprise us in a good way.

His original injury without a doubt came from pressure from the right side. Not only from he concussion but from the ngata hit. Perhaps not against the seahawks, haven't broke that down, but I know originally that is how the injuries happened.

Very true. But one of the best things left for us to do is to try and limit future damage is fix that RT situation.

I don't think we had many good options to fix RT this offseason though. Didn't have FA dollars. There was a huge run on tackles before we made our first pick in the draft. We drafted well but didn't get a RT. Sometimes that's how it goes. Perhaps we liked someone like Aboushi but he ended up going before we thought he would.

If we could go back, I think I would handle the fourth and fifth round differently. Chris Thompson and Brandon Jenkins and Phillip Thomas are all nice picks. But Thompson was probably a reach and a very meaty part of the class went in between our Thomas and Thompson picks. Patton, Denard, Aboushi,Malliciah Goodman, Jesse Williams, Lattimore, Randle, and Quanterus Smith all got drafted in that range. With the benefit of hindsight, I would rather have moved down from the Thomas pick and up from the Thompson pick to get Patton and Aboushi.

Obviously you don't get hindsight when the bullets are flying. I thought we did about as well as we could having to make decisions in real time. In general, I like that we stayed put and let the draft come to us rather than moving down endlessly to accumulate a bunch of replacement level talent that won't be on the roster in season three a la 2011.

Another realistic potential move I guess was picking Tanner Hawkinson at the Thompson pick or Ricky Wagner at the Jenkins pick. But I've never been totally sold on either of those players. If Thompson and Jenkins get healthy, their upside is a lot higher than Hawkinson's or Wagner's IMO. Particularly Jenkins. If given the chance to go back, I would still pick Thompson and Jenkins instead. I definitely wouldn't change the Amerson or Rambo picks even with hindsight.

We're just going to have to look ahead to next year for an opportunity to upgrade RT. This year should be all about getting RGIII healthy, getting a bounce back season from the defense and grooming our young DBs, getting a couple of receivers to emerge, and getting the rest of our OL to further gel into a great unit. I would love to see some of the group of Compton, Gettis, and LeRibeus start to show something this season.

I'm also looking forward to how our WR and RB situation shakes out.

Good points, but I thinks the Thompson pick was outstanding. Shanny really likes him and had a 1st or 2nd round grade on him, sans the injury. His words "He’s a guy we think can help us and a guy we had ranked very high. We believe if he didn't have that injury he would have been a first, second round draft choice. That’s how we had him ranked.”, are all I need to know. Also, he will be full go at camp & ready to rumble. He is the change of pace back we truly need. I REALLY loved his pick. We will see but, love the direction we are headed as a team. I pray that Xavier Nixon taps into his immense potential, and the RT dilemma would be solved. He's a great fit quickness wise and athletically, in our scheme. HE has to develop a mean streak and realize the carrot in front of him. It's amazing to see the depth we are assembling now. Our team has transformed in front of our eyes and it is wonderful. Good post. HTTR

His original injury without a doubt came from pressure from the right side. Not only from he concussion but from the ngata hit. Perhaps not against the seahawks, haven't broke that down, but I know originally that is how the injuries happened.

Except the fact that you're wrong.

http://youtu.be/lmAiIXqEDd4?t=3m21s

If the video doesn't work, start at 3:21. While Polumbus does give up a little pressure, Robert had a free rusher scream through a hole off the left on a delayed blitz completely unblocked. That had nothing to do with Tyler. Likely that was Evan's blitz pick up.

If the video doesn't work, start at 3:21. While Polumbus does give up a little pressure, Robert had a free rusher scream through a hole off the left on a delayed blitz completely unblocked. That had nothing to do with Tyler. Likely that was Evan's blitz pick up.

You're correct that the free blitzer came from the left, but let's not deny that Polumbus got beaten badly on that play. Rg3 couldn't have scrambled right because of it. Who knows if that would have helped had he had an option to go right, but certainly Polumbus denied him that choice.

Good points' date=' but I thinks the Thompson pick was outstanding. Shanny really likes him and had a 1st or 2nd round grade on him, sans the injury. His words "He’s a guy we think can help us and a guy we had ranked very high. We believe if he didn't have that injury he would have been a first, second round draft choice. That’s how we had him ranked.”, are all I need to know. Also, he will be full go at camp & ready to rumble. He is the change of pace back we truly need. I REALLY loved his pick. We will see but, love the direction we are headed as a team. I pray that Xavier Nixon taps into his immense potential, and the RT dilemma would be solved. He's a great fit quickness wise and athletically, in our scheme. HE has to develop a mean streak and realize the carrot in front of him. It's amazing to see the depth we are assembling now. Our team has transformed in front of our eyes and it is wonderful. Good post. HTTR[/quote']

And something worth remembering about Thompson, and the offense in general, is that one of the best ways to protect the QB is to get the ball out of his hands. Adding Thompson, Jamison, and Reed won't give him an extra second in the pocket to throw like an RT might, but it might shave a few tenths of a second off of his release. Having a true 3rd down back, another TE, and hopefully a healthy WR corp will allow RGIII to make quick throws, which is a good way to protect him.

It's not ideal, and if someone on the roster doesn't step up within the year we'll have to address it big time in FA or the draft, but if most of his passes happen before guys can get to him, then we'll probably be alright.

Of course, people will whine about how he "dinks and dunks" instead of throwing purely 20 yard posts, but whatever, those people are dumb.

Why did you have to do this man? Whyyyyy? I hate watching that play and the Seahawks play...and the Falcons play....and...damn RG3 needs to stop taking a beating from now on!

And something worth remembering about Thompson, and the offense in general, is that one of the best ways to protect the QB is to get the ball out of his hands. Adding Thompson, Jamison, and Reed won't give him an extra second in the pocket to throw like an RT might, but it might shave a few tenths of a second off of his release. Having a true 3rd down back, another TE, and hopefully a healthy WR corp will allow RGIII to make quick throws, which is a good way to protect him.

It's not ideal, and if someone on the roster doesn't step up within the year we'll have to address it big time in FA or the draft, but if most of his passes happen before guys can get to him, then we'll probably be alright.

Of course, people will whine about how he "dinks and dunks" instead of throwing purely 20 yard posts, but whatever, those people are dumb.

I think people agree with the spirit of the Thompson pick, and certainly I think he was one of the better prospects to fill the role of a scatback at that spot, but I'm just not sure if he's going to really be a productive part of this team. He was electric when he played, but has played one full season out of four; and that's considering that he never had a heavy workload. That's awful. Maybe in a very small role, 5-10ish snaps a game, he'll be somewhat productive like aldrick robinson, but I'm definitely more interested in his former college teammate jenkins.

You're correct that the free blitzer came from the left, but let's not deny that Polumbus got beaten badly on that play. Rg3 couldn't have scrambled right because of it. Who knows if that would have helped had he had an option to go right, but certainly Polumbus denied him that choice.

He's not even looking Tyler's direction. The only thing he sees is 51 running at him full speed through a hole.

Injuries are unfortunate, but it's bull**** to try and pin RG3's injuries completely on Tyler, especially in cases where it's breaks downs elsewhere that cause him to leave the pocket. Tyler got pushed back, but without the giant gaping protection break down elsewhere, RG3 has room to step up into the pocket even if Tyler does get beat, and that's assuming Chester doesn't get over to help him.

Robert got hurt because of Robert. Truth hurts. He should've thrown away the ball versus the Falcons. He didn't. He should've slid feet first instead instead of trying to dive for more yards. He didn't That's on Robert, where you personally feel Tyler was culpable or not.

---------- Post added May-6th-2013 at 12:47 AM ----------

The weird thing is no one complains when Drew Brees or Tom Brady does it. But I suppose throwing into triple coverage deep down field 20 times a game is always better than that, right?

He's not even looking Tyler's direction. The only thing he sees is 51 running at him full speed through a hole.

Injuries are unfortunate, but it's bull**** to try and pin RG3's injuries completely on Tyler, especially in cases where it's breaks downs elsewhere that cause him to leave the pocket. Tyler got pushed back, but without the giant gaping protection break down elsewhere, RG3 has room to step up into the pocket even if Tyler does get beat, and that's assuming Chester doesn't get over to help him.

Robert got hurt because of Robert. Truth hurts. He should've thrown away the ball versus the Falcons. He didn't. He should've slid feet first instead instead of trying to dive for more yards. He didn't That's on Robert, where you personally feel Tyler was culpable or not.

---------- Post added May-6th-2013 at 12:47 AM ----------

The weird thing is no one complains when Drew Brees or Tom Brady does it. But I suppose throwing into triple coverage deep down field 20 times a game is always better than that, right?

He doesn't look tyler's direction because it is blown almost immediately at the snap, he knew that rusher had Tyler beat wide. Regardless of if RG3 made a poor decision AFTER the scramble, it's undeniable that his only option was to go left. This was a well designed blitz by the ravens, and maybe if Polumbus stonewalled his man the play would have happened exactly the same, but had 51 gotten chipped it's undeniable Robert would have had to scramble anyways because 91 was almost at the end of his drop.

I'm not saying rg3 is blameless in this, but Polumbus certainly has some of the blame as well as Royster

I think people agree with the spirit of the Thompson pick, and certainly I think he was one of the better prospects to fill the role of a scatback at that spot, but I'm just not sure if he's going to really be a productive part of this team. He was electric when he played, but has played one full season out of four; and that's considering that he never had a heavy workload. That's awful. Maybe in a very small role, 5-10ish snaps a game, he'll be somewhat productive like aldrick robinson, but I'm definitely more interested in his former college teammate jenkins.

If he can get healthy, then he could be a huge steal, but if all he can handle is 5-10 snaps a game, that might be all he gets, frankly. Morris should still be getting his 20 carries a game, and Thompson will probably only be used in specific packages, like on 3rd downs. I wouldn't be surprised at all if his combined rushes and pass targets was less than 160 at the end of the year.

Merrill Noel had a monster freshman year in 2011, he led the nation with 21 Passes Defended, two of which were INTs.

He was injured for much of 2012 (hammy, then shoulder) and the stats were very much deflated.

[Noel was] mentioned preseason for All-ACC honors, he stayed hurt most of the year -- stayed banged up most of the year and had shoulder surgery in the offseason. I don’t think they’ll let him go for spring practice. He’s healing nicely and should be fine for the fall.

Profile: Merrill Noel Bio - The Official Site of Wake Forest Demon Deacon Athletics

Chose Wake Forest over offers from Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Louisville, Michigan, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Vanderbilt and West Virginia ... Recruited by Ray McCartney.

__

Stats: Merrill Noel Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

[color="yellow"]Tackles 	                        Def Int 	                        Fumbles

Year 	        Solo 	Ast 	Tot 	Loss 	Sk 	Int 	Yds 	Avg 	TD 	PD 	FR 	Yds 	TD 	FF  .
2011*     	54 	12 	66 	1.0 	0.0 	2 	32 	16.0 	0 	21 	0 	0 	0 	1
2012     	24 	9 	33 	1.5 	0.5 	0 	0 		0 	3 	0 	0 	0 	0

Career 	        78 	21 	99 	2.5 	0.5 	2 	32 	16.0 	0 	24 	0 	0 	0 	1[/color]

The clarifying stat amongst the raw bulk data is how many targets he faced in 2012 compared to 2011. I don't know. That would shed light as to if teams avoided targeting him because of his 2011 performance in defending passes.

__

Noel got himself suspended last season, missing the maryland game, I believe.

http://deadspin.com/5951527/eight-wake-forest-football-players-have-been-suspended-for-marijuana-use-in-the-past-two-weeks

[...] Six Wake Forest players, cornerback Merrill Noel, linebacker Mike Olson, safety Daniel Mack, offensive guard Frank Souza, running back Deandre Martin and wide receiver Airyn Willis, were suspended for the Maryland game for what Grobe described as a violation of athletics department policy. Multiple sources said that the six were suspended after testing positive for marijuana during a random substance abuse test.

That lines up with his stats: http://www.cfbstats.com/2012/player/749/1034830/tackle/gamelog.html

^You notice he didn't play on 10/6/12 (maryland), the article was written after the fact on the Oct. 13th, before UVA (10/20/12).

__

Neither here nor there but he does have a neck tatoo:

7695840.jpeg

Just to be fair and balanced, what we already know: He's a florida kid, got talent. Ended up at an NC school that's not really known for churning out NFL prospects like other schools nor do they play the toughest competition, comparative to SEC. So you have to ask yourself why he chose Wake over other SEC opportunities. I mean Wake does have a well regarded and reknowed English department ... obviously his reason :)

Why for the tats around the neck, why for the suspension for weed and why the statistical drop-off from 2011 to 2012 (?). Injury does play a part, especially if the sports medicine was failing him (from his perspective).

He wasn't upper echelon of the Florida recruits but even then, most Florida kids can show up elsewhere in the country and ball.

__

Anyway the meat and potatoes:

Merrill Noel 2011 Highlights Part 1

__

Merrill Noel 2011 Highlights Part 2

__

Merrill Noel 2011 Highlights Part 3

__

Noel INT vs EJ Manuel

__

He has talent, as you can see.

- Can he return to 2011 form in 2013?

- Can he avoid any more suspensions?

- Do character concerns belie the apparent skills?

He doesn't look tyler's direction because it is blown almost immediately at the snap, he knew that rusher had Tyler beat wide. Regardless of if RG3 made a poor decision AFTER the scramble, it's undeniable that his only option was to go left. This was a well designed blitz by the ravens, and maybe if Polumbus stonewalled his man the play would have happened exactly the same, but had 51 gotten chipped it's undeniable Robert would have had to scramble anyways because 91 was almost at the end of his drop.

I'm not saying rg3 is blameless in this, but Polumbus certainly has some of the blame as well as Royster

I know you so desperately want to blame Polumbus for Roberts injury and you so desperately want to be proven smarter than Shanahan etal that they stupidly ignored the RT because of some arrogance but while Polumbus was initially beaten to the outside he keeps his guy under control throughout the play pushing him round the long way and as his defender trys to get around the corner Tyler pushes his guy to the floor ..

Also the injury was a fluke it was not anyones fault it is football it is a contact sport - injuries are part of the sport .

Ka'Deem Carey

vs Oklahoma St,Colorado,Oregon 2012

__

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ka-deem-carey-reputation-takes-hit-following-several-082845481--ncaaf.html

Ka’Deem Carey’s reputation takes a hit following several brushes with the law
Carey has had three run-ins with the law since his remarkable 2012 season ended and now Arizona coaches and officials have to be hoping they can prevent Carey from doing any further damage to his reputation.
Carey led the nation in rushing last season and became a consensus All-American scoring a school record 23 touchdowns, and apparently he's not shy about sharing those credentials. The Arizona Daily Wildcat was first to report Carey was ejected from a men's basketball game against UCLA last week at the McKale Center following a verbal confrontation with arena staffers and police.

Carey and his cousin, Hakeem Adams-Johnson , were sitting on the backs of seats for which they didn't have tickets. When a police officer asked Carey and his cousin for their tickets, he responded by saying, “Get the (expletive) out of my face,” according the police report obtained by the Daily Wildcat.

He then added, “Do you know who I am? I’m an All-American.”

Almost sounds like a Heisman slogan doesn't it?

It would be simple enough to chalk up one episode of questionable decision making by Carey to immaturity, but Carey already was facing charges for misdemeanor assault and disorderly conduct from a Dec. 23 incident with his pregnant ex-girlfriend ...

Archived