Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

I know you so desperately want to blame Polumbus for Roberts injury and you so desperately want to be proven smarter than Shanahan etal that they stupidly ignored the RT because of some arrogance but while Polumbus was initially beaten to the outside he keeps his guy under control throughout the play pushing him round the long way and as his defender trys to get around the corner Tyler pushes his guy to the floor ..

Also the injury was a fluke it was not anyones fault it is football it is a contact sport - injuries are part of the sport .

So desperately want to be proven smarter than shanahan? Lol. Making a lot of assumptions there. Of course I wanted the RT position addressed, as it was a major weakness on the team, but I have full faith in the coach. I believe he did address it as the FA adds can't possibly be worse than Polumbus.

You're right, Tyler pushes his guy down, but look where he is standing when he finally does that. He's standing right where RG3 stopped his drop. Had there been no free blitzer RG3 would have had to move any ways. Watch it again, Polumbus's guy gets there almost as fast as AN UNBLOCKED player. Polumbus did not play well in that play. If you can watch that video and think Polumbus was doing great then I don't know what to tell you.

The injury was a fluke and I'm not blaming anyone directly, the breakdown of the designed play, however, was not a fluke and there are people to be blamed. We had 6 blockers against 4 rushers. They attacked our LT and LG to open a gap between them and Royster should have recognized that. That was problem #1. Problem #2 is that Tyler needed to be quicker to cut off the outside rush as he had inside help against an inside move. 91 was past his outside shoulder by the time he was 6 yards deep.

There was a mix up in the protection someone should have picked up the free runner, probably the LG and the free runner is what forced Griffin to flush from the pocket.

But, that doesn't change the fact that Polumbus also got beat on that play.

And regardless whether Tyler was beat on that play, I think we can all agree that this offense will benefit, especially in the drop back passing game, if the level of play at the RT spot improves from last year.

Hey man, we're bored, and if we all agreed that the team was awesome the board would be really boring.

I'm not saying that at all, just has become an old topic to discuss. It was discussed all the time in the fall, before the draft, after the draft ETC. Theres just other things that could be discussed IMO

I'm not saying that at all, just has become an old topic to discuss. It was discussed all the time in the fall, before the draft, after the draft ETC. Theres just other things that could be discussed IMO

How about us signing Chris Kluwe and releasing Sav Rocca. Thoughts?

Let's hope we spend wisely.

More money = more problems with this team (at least in recent history)

From 2010 on? no it hasn't been a problem. Under Cerrato that was true

---------- Post added May-6th-2013 at 10:44 PM ----------

Hmm... Preliminary look at FA WRs next year?

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=WR&y=2014

Yeah, a lot are not gonna make it to the market but that's a pretty deep class.

ILB is the other position that immediately comes to mind as well, but perhaps our 2nd rounder next year could address it.

Would love a guy like Andrew Jackson in the 2nd round. Hell of a LB and a great 3-4 fit

From 2010 on? no it hasn't been a problem. Under Cerrato that was true

---------- Post added May-6th-2013 at 10:44 PM ----------

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=WR&y=2014

Lets steal Nicks from the Giants. That would be lovely payback.

I know he will never see FA but that would be great. I actually thought they extended him already but I guess not.

Aaron Colvin redux

Aaron Colvin Bio - SoonerSports.com - Oklahoma Sooners

1st Team All-Big 12

First-year starter at strong safety, moved to the safety position after player cornerback in 2010.

He leads the team with 84 tackles

Played in all 14 games on special teams and at cornerback

High School

A three-star recruit by ESPN, Rivals.com and Scout.com

No. 5 player in Oklahoma (Scout.com)

No. 11 player in Oklahoma (Rivals.com)

No. 29 cornerback (Scout.com)

No. 31 cornerback (Rivals.com)

__

__

aaroncolvin.png

^Should read "15 PDs" for 2012.

Aaron Colvin Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

__

Colvin was an All Big 12 first-team selection in 2012, leading the Sooners with 11 pass breakups and adding four interceptions. He was also third on the team with 61 tackles. Colvin has started 26 games in his three seasons at OU with 179 tackles.

Alt stats: http://www.cfbstats.com/2012/player/522/1033455/miscdefense/gamelog.html

__

Colvin 2012 Highlights

__

Meet Khalil Mack

05/04/13
2014 NFL DRAFT: EARLY TOP-50 DRAFT BOARD: 47. OLB Khalil Mack, Buffalo (6-2, 245, 4.79)

A versatile linebacker, Mack already holds the school record for tackles for loss (56) and is just 19 away from tying the NCAA record. - Dane Brugler

Most tackles for loss, career

FBS: 75 – Jason Babin, Western Michigan, 2000–03
FCS: 67 – Sherrod Coates, Western Kentucky, 2000–02
Div II: 77 – Andre Bernardi, North Greenville, 2006–09
Div III: 106½ – Steven Wilson, King's (PA), 2000–02

taclesforloss.png
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/leaders/tackles-loss-player-career.html'>http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/leaders/tackles-loss-player-career.html

46 - Khalil Mack Team Profile

RS Junior (2012): 1st Team All-MAC

RS Soph (2011): 1st Team All-MAC

- Led the team in sacks, tackles for loss and forced fumbles
- Sports Illustrated Honorable mention All-American
- Phil Steele’s All-MAC First team

Redshirt-FR (2010): Phil Steele’s All-MAC Third Team

- Set freshman record for most tackles for loss in a season
- Recorded team highs in both sacks (4.5) and tackles for losses (14.5)
- Hit the quarterback eight times, also a team high
- Excelled in coverage, with a team-high ten pass break ups
- His 68 total tackles were third-most on the team.

Freshman (2009): Redshirted in his first season at Buffalo.

Khalil Mack vs Kent State 2012

Stats: http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/khalil-mack-1.html'>http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/khalil-mack-1.html
khalilmackstats.png

Height: 6-3    Weight: 245   Year: Jr.
Hometown: Fort Pierce, FL    High School: Westwood
Position: LB

Archived