Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP Insider: Chris Cooley wants to be more than a fullback

flexxskins

This getting out of hand. So apparently Cooley had some secret heel-turn a couple of years ago?? I've never seen one player's approval rating drop this bad this fast

---------- Post added August-13th-2012 at 04:47 PM ----------

The insiders, and most of the beat guys that follow the team on a daily basis, aren't campaigning (my words, not yours. Just expanding) for Cooley to be cut. They've just reported what's come out from the park over the duration, and objectively raised all the relevant issues. (His salary; his age/ injury history and the staffs belief he's no longer athletic enough to do what this system requires now it's gona' fully open up under RGIII et all.).

Damndest thing about message boards, ALL sides of an issue gets covered. NOT just the positive ones .....

The 'insiders' aren't 'pissing over' Chris or what he's done or meant here. Their only putting out there what they've gotten from within the Park. That 'insider' thing. Strange I know .....

Hail.

I think he meant the tone of some of the posts which can be interpreted as a little crass and condescending. I personally am neutral on Cooley but I can see how big time Cooley fans may be up in arms

Open question out of pure personal interest, in light of bedlam's post up the page .....

Do I come across as being anti-Cooley in my posts? To the point that I'm perceived to be denigrating Chris and all he's achieved/ meant to this organization through his career?

Hail.

I haven't read enough of your posts to be able to say...and in this thread, while your initial tone was indeed harsh you followed it up in a manner that made me take the way you choose to criticize Cooley with a grain of salt lol :yes:...

"Cooley took snaps with the fourth stringers" is not a dig at Cooley. It's what happened.

"He's a fan favorite, he's a fan favorite, can't you understand he's a fan favorite..." So what? Cooley's a fan favorite. Big deal. It's to the point where anyone says anything remotely negative about Cooley gets their head bitten off. You can be a fan favorite and also realize that his time in Washington is, probably, coming to an end. And you dont have to listen to anything TK or LL say if you don't want to hear it, you don't even have to respond when they say something negative. Cooley doesn't need you to defend him.

Hell, if he doesn't agree with something someone says, he'll go on his blog and loudly blast people himself.

"Cooley took snaps with the fourth stringers" is not a dig at Cooley. It's what happened.

that's not what TK said, though.

He said "So this was on the radio? Did they ask him about taking snaps at practice with 4th stringers?"

Had he just said it the way you wrote it, nobody would have really cared (looks like not too many care anyway lol).

"He's a fan favorite, he's a fan favorite, can't you understand he's a fan favorite..." So what? Cooley's a fan favorite. Big deal. It's to the point where anyone says anything remotely negative about Cooley gets their head bitten off. You can be a fan favorite and also realize that his time in Washington is, probably, coming to an end. And you dont have to listen to anything TK or LL say if you don't want to hear it, you don't even have to respond when they say something negative. Cooley doesn't need you to defend him.

Hell, if he doesn't agree with something someone says, he'll go on his blog and loudly blast people himself.

...and at the same time, anyone who says anything positive about Cooley, or shows support for him staying on the team, seems to get beat down verbally for saying so.

...and at the same time, anyone who says anything positive about Cooley, or shows support for him staying on the team, seems to get beat down verbally for saying so.

No they don't. If someone says something positive about Cooley, usually I'll debate them on the merits of their points. And I personally have said on several occasions that Cooley does have some value to the team. The only time people seem to get piled on is when someone says something really friggin' dumb about how important Cooley is to the team.

It's cool if you want him to stay. Just be smart about why he should stay and why he might possibly get cut.

No they don't. If someone says something positive about Cooley, usually I'll debate them on the merits of their points. And I personally have said on several occasions that Cooley does have some value to the team. The only time people seem to get piled on is when someone says something really friggin' dumb about how important Cooley is to the team.

It's cool if you want him to stay. Just be smart about why he should stay and why he might possibly get cut.

My apologies. I wasn't implying you specifically. Just that the people who want him gone can be just as aggressive about it as those who don't. Cooley doesn't need anyone to defend him just like he doesn't need anyone to attack him. He still gets both.

What is this with the anti Chris Cooley stich you all seem to be on ... Cooley was a fan favorite and all the insiders want to do is seemingly piss all over that ... could you not let the guy have some ****ing dignity and have some yourselves - surely you can see you are better than this .. Cooley as far as the insiders are concerned should be cut - and possibly/probably will be cut - we get it - and it probably will be the best thing for the team - but every thread, one of LL, TK, GHH gets pulled into this ugly Cooley kicking ... its not cool ..

You have a Coooooooooley Room don't you. :silly:

Loosen up there Sandy baby......;)

Also, we need a link lol :D
Gotcha. At 46 it's getting harder and harder to do 2 things at once.
Nope, definitely wasn't that...I heard his comments on the radio, he wasn't "waffing" at all.

To sum up, he said that he hopes to get more playing time in the next game...that he wants to be starting and catching 80 passes but will do whatever Shanahan needs him to do if it helps the team win...and that the 10 or so plays last Thursday weren't enough to assess where he's at.

Now that sounds more like Chris. I wish that I had heard the radio show.
Oh joy, another Chris Cooley argument thread. This is getting as bad as the Campbell threads a couple of years ago.
:ols:Trust me when I say that that was not my intention when I posted the article. It was just a good read that I wanted to share.
Open question out of pure personal interest, in light of bedlam's post up the page .....

Do I come across as being anti-Cooley in my posts? To the point that I'm perceived to be denigrating Chris and all he's achieved/ meant to this organization through his career?

Hail.

:ols:In a word...yes.

Just go back and read your first quote in here.

Maybe they've heard what I have about him. I was a big Cooley fan for a while, but he crapped the bed off the field and no longer merits my respect. I'll always appreciate what he did for us, but he didn't take rehab seriously, he's still immature, and frankly I'd be fine with him leaving the team. I'm not going to share what I know about him publicly out of respect for others, but it ain't pretty and trust me if you want to, or not, but he doesn't deserve to be a fan favorite any more. You or a mod can PM me for more.

Hey, hey, hey! You don't drop a stink-bomb like that in a public place and then run for the moral high ground! Get back here and explain yourself.

Hey, hey, hey! You don't drop a stink-bomb like that in a public place and then run for the moral high ground! Get back here and explain yourself.

What I will share is that he was too busy drinking/partying/etc. to rehab his injury properly and just took his talent for granted. Until I found this out recently I was pulling for him to make the team, after learning this and other things I'm pulling for him to be cut.

Archived