Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP Insider: Chris Cooley wants to be more than a fullback

flexxskins

Do you wake up and pound a six pack of mountain dew ?

1.Cooley does not even think he is a safety blanket

2. Griff at Baylor did not go to the TES much but its hard for us to tell if it was offensive design or QB choice. A few weeks into camp it is looking like QB choice.

3. Read here what Cooley things of being a "Safety Blanket" and have a nice day :)http://washingtonexaminer.com/rg3-report-aug.-13/article/2504847#.UCpIuKOt_k8

1. Who gives a crap what the player thinks? This isn't Zorn's team anymore. The players are going to do whatever the F*** Shanny tells them to do now. Which in theory, should be putting them in the position to use their skills to the best advantage to the team, AKA Pass Catching/Chain Moving for Cooley.

2. Again an INVALID argument, what a player does in college has little effect on what they are going to be doing at the pros. You think Shanny is going to run a read-option offense primarily like Tebow does just because RG3 did it in college??

3. Refer to #1.

4. Lose the smug attitude with me

Not sure who you think you are, but I've been a member of this board for 8 years now. The old guard wouldn't let s*** like this fly. I guess because you seem to think your guess for the final 53 roster is as good as gold. Maybe because you have some "inside" info. Guess what, your GUESS (which is what it is) is as good as mine. If Cooley gets cut I'll gladly come eat my fill of crow and get my avatar changed to whatever the mods deem fit.

Bwahahahahahahahaha

:ols:

Again refer to #4, I did not read the ES rules where it said that mods were allowed to forum troll.

I'm out of here. GOODNIGHT! :):evilg:

---------- Post added August-15th-2012 at 05:58 AM ----------

Sigh, think Elkabong needs to read my post too.

I've noticed that egos tend to get in the way of people's clear thinking. Think many on this board need a major reality check. Time to do some looking in the mirror, guys.

Now it really is goodnight for me. Goodluck with the reality checks. :)

1. Who gives a crap what the player thinks? This isn't Zorn's team anymore. The players are going to do whatever the F*** Shanny tells them to do now. Which in theory, should be putting them in the position to use their skills to the best advantage to the team, AKA Pass Catching/Chain Moving for Cooley.

2. Again an INVALID argument, what a player does in college has little effect on what they are going to be doing at the pros. You think Shanny is going to run a read-option offense primarily like Tebow does just because RG3 did it in college??

3. Refer to #1.

Not sure who you think you are, but I've been a member of this board for 8 years now. The old guard wouldn't let s*** like this fly. I guess because you seem to think your guess for the final 53 roster is as good as gold. Maybe because you have some "inside" info. Guess what, your GUESS (which is what it is) is as good as mine. If Cooley gets cut I'll gladly come eat my fill of crow and get my avatar changed to whatever the mods deem fit.

Again refer to #4, I did not read the ES rules where it said that mods were allowed to forum troll.

I've noticed that egos tend to get in the way of people's clear thinking. Think many on this board need a major reality check. Time to do some looking in the mirror, guys.

Here's your reality check. :)

6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.

Type in your word and let the filters do their job of substituting asterisks for letters. Then check your post to see if all profanity was filtered. Veiled or "subtle" attempts at using profanity are unacceptable. We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or none at all. For example "****" and "*&*%$" are acceptable, while “s**t” or “sh*t" are not.

Now, normally I'd just give you a day or three off. However, with your mass amounts of user notes, your first post back from your timeout will be to thank me for not punting you out of here permanently.Nothing more, nothing less. Failure to do so will fall under Rule #18, at which case your reality check will bounce. :)

I think you have been brain washed by all the "captain checkdown" QBs we have had on this team. Your original statement was "Cooley is a safety blanket" so I directed you to a link so you could drool on yourself less and learn more.

REALLY? A players play style or on field personality if you will is always a valid argument. The topic of convo amongst the beat guys is how little Griff has used the any of the Tes in training camp. Griffs mentality from Baylor seems to have carried over and again I linked you to a article with Cooley speaking on this topic and supporting my argument.

3. Refer to #1.

The old guard? Well First off let me pat you on the back for winning extremeskins survivor island if your 7 years (2005-2012 is 7 not 8) of post mimic that mess above. Now if by old guard you mean people here longer than you well then thats me homie as im 9 years in workin on 10. I do not really understand why you became so upset when you were presented with links to get better information that would allow you to debate the topic with better knowledge.

I had no idea Tanner Cooley was on ES...

No longer being either fast or athletic enough to be the catch passing TE this scheme demands.

Hail.

... and to add, not fast enough for THIS particular offense built on speed. notice just about all the skill guys on offense run 4.5 or less (including RG3). I guess you could consider Cooley a bit of a dinosaur in today's NFL. Not fast, not athletic, can't stay healthy.. IDK what else ppl think he's good for at this point.

..... IDK what else ppl think he's good for at this point.

'But he's a Redskin hero man. A fan favorite. You can't talk like that about a hero after all he's done for us'

Yeah, all he's done for us ..... IN THE PAST! Too many just refuse to move past sentimental loyalty and OBJECTIVELY look at this team, right here, right now and what's best for the team over whats best for a personal favorite player.

We all love Cooley. Hell, for the vast majority of the 00's, he was, along with Clinton and Santana, the Washington Redskins. Those three more or less carried this franchise. And he'll always have a place in our hearts and the rich history of this franchise for that time. But that was then. And this is now. And for all the reasons that have been restated in this thread and countless others, he's a LONG time removed from that time. And that player.

The Washington Redskins are FAR bigger than any Coach, player or administrator. And they'll be around LONG after any of those have left and forgotten about us.

You CAN'T have sentiment in football. Organization > A N Other player favorite ANY day of the week.

Let go of the past, and embrace the future.

Hail.

You know what I like about this debate? There are those of us that put the "love" for a player aside and look at the big picture. That picture being that Cooley WAS a very good player for us and acccept the fact that his days as that very good player are in the rear view mirror. Don't want to keep a player based on his popularity.

If he can contribute the way he should based on his salary (that's right) then there would be no debate. He can't anymore and quite frankly I don't think he is committed enough to succeed.

You know what I like about this debate? There are those of us that put the "love" for a player aside and look at the big picture. That picture being that Cooley WAS a very good player for us and except the fact that his days as that very good player are in the rear view mirror. Don't want to keep a player based on his popularity.

If he can contribute the way he should based on his salary (that's right) then there would be no debate. He can't anymore and quite frankly I don't think he is committed enough to succeed.

More right than you know KingGibbs...

---------- Post added August-15th-2012 at 01:50 PM ----------

Just for my information... could someone please explain to me what it's meant by zone reads?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNoUN63D9eU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlLFpzbZABk

I've gotta be honest. The reason I don't really get into the Cooley debate here is because I simply don't care too much about it, lol. I haven't cared much about Cooley for like 3 years now. Furthermore, ever since Shanahan has come in I'm fully on board with his rebuild and have appreciated every move he's made thus far, even the perceived negative ones. So, in my mind and with solid grounds for a basis, whatever decision is made by Shanahan about Cooley will be the best one. I don't mean to make light of the situation, but the matter to me really is that easy. I'm not at all invested in it otherwise... there's much more interesting and significant things going on with our personnel right now than whether or not Cooley makes the team.

I appreciate how well he's played for us and how hard, but there is plenty of evidence out there to show that he hasn't put his all into the offseason on numerous occasions and, furthermore, I'm not too fond of his off the field antics though I fully understand that is of personal preference and many love him for his "wild side".

I hate the fact that I will sometimes post "this," or "I feel exactly the same way" because somebody hits the nail on the head of what I wanted to say but in this instance it's true. I understand there is a great divide between those that want Cooley to make the team and those that don't, but it just doesn't matter. One day Cooley will no longer be a Redskin. Will it be today, will it be this year? It doesn't matter. There will come a day when everyone will have to say goodbye to him, but Shanahan will figure out when that day will be.

As for me, I feel this way because Cooley hasn't produced in a long time. It felt weird when Portis was no longer on the roster, but looking back it's one of those "oh well" moments. We'll always have the memories of them, and we'll always appreciate what they did for the team, but passed that there are so many bigger things going on with the organization than whether or not Cooley makes the team.

Sigh. My OP was clearly meant to back up what LL and others were saying in here, THAT is why it was brought up. Try reading through the thread next time before commenting, you've been here long enough to know that by now.

But thanks to your post I can at least better understand why LL, TK, and jsteelz are hesitant at times to share info on here. Some parts of info are sensitive, but people still want to share what they can with the community. Sadly that causes some jackwagons, like you, to get frustrated and post hissy fits. If you don't like it, well tough, move along, because others do at least appreciate when people pass along what inside info they can and people like you simply ruin things.

Not going to get in a big arguement with u and don't have time to go back and forth with name calling with u but Please let me inform u of just a few things if I could.

1: I did read every post in this thread.

2: If you read my entire post you would have seen I said how much I appreciate the inside info given on this board.

3: it's not that I'm throwing a hissy fit but please let me know just what inside info did u give except saying that you can't say

4: Please feel free to look through my posts on here I try never to be rude or disrespectful to anyone

5: Your post was not like the info LL, TK, or jsteelz put out when they give insider info.

Hey if it makes you feel better I'm sorry for coming down on you and the valuable info you tried passing along really not trying to ruin it for everyone you have yourself a great day.

It's way to easy to sit at a keyboard and make statements like you're making. While you may think you know, you don't. So please stop acting like you do.

What I will share is that he was too busy drinking/partying/etc. to rehab his injury properly and just took his talent for granted. Until I found this out recently I was pulling for him to make the team, after learning this and other things I'm pulling for him to be cut.

No worries. I haven't posted on here for a while. I should have said who I was in the first post to avoid the confusion anyway.

Huh. I honestly haven't seen you post on here under the screenie. Only on his blog.

Well that makes my previous post null and void.

Apologies.

Hail.

Funny how some people can be so quick to judge a player on this forum, when in fact they truly dont know what they are talking about..... From what I hear, Cooley is having a very good camp. He is looking much more like his old self, rather than the Cooley we have seen over the past two years. On top of that, he can also be a backup at the fullback position. But yet people just want to push him out the door, without even seeing if he is back to his old self. Most are assuming he still looks slow, without seeing it with there own eyes We didnt get a good judgment from the first preseason game, he played limited snaps, and he was strictly at the FB position. Which means he wasnt running routes, so we were not able to jude his mobility. If he is moving like the old Cooley he will indeed be an asset to this team. The fact is I dont know either. I have not seen him running good routs with my own two eyes yet either, its just from what I have read. But coach knows not to keep players here for "sentimenal" reasons. If coach thought he had no chance to make the team, he wouldnt still be hear. Give the guy a chance on the field before your so quick to say he cant play anymore!! Then if he looks old and slow, makes such comments.... and thats when it would be time to release him....

Since Chris is my brother, I'm not sure it does in this case.

Finally a reliable source that says the stuff elkabong82 is putting out is crap. This is what I was trying to say its real easy to say " I have inside info" and then spread gossip and disparaging remarks based on FACTS that can't be shared publicly. I said it earlier and I'll say it now I am very thankful for info passed to us on ES but some of this " inside info " is just rumors based on personal feelings. If you have an opinion on someone or just don't like them hey I am cool with that it's your right as an American but please sack up and just say it without spreading disinformation so you look important. Personally Elkabong82 I think you owe some people an apology but hey what do I know I'm not privy to the sources you are.

HTTR

Funny how some people can be so quick to judge a player on this forum, when in fact they truly dont know what they are talking about..... From what I hear, Cooley is having a very good camp. He is looking much more like his old self, rather than the Cooley we have seen over the past two years. .

Well, I guess we're hearing different things because from what I've heard, he doesn't look like his old self.

Not saying he looks terrible and can't play at all but he's not the Chris Cooley of old.

And thats to be expected.

Age coupled with injuries.

Not going to get in a big arguement with u and don't have time to go back and forth with name calling with u but Please let me inform u of just a few things if I could.

1: I did read every post in this thread.

2: If you read my entire post you would have seen I said how much I appreciate the inside info given on this board.

3: it's not that I'm throwing a hissy fit but please let me know just what inside info did u give except saying that you can't say

4: Please feel free to look through my posts on here I try never to be rude or disrespectful to anyone

5: Your post was not like the info LL, TK, or jsteelz put out when they give insider info.

Hey if it makes you feel better I'm sorry for coming down on you and the valuable info you tried passing along really not trying to ruin it for everyone you have yourself a great day.

1. Really? Because your reply to me assumed a lot and ignores the obvious intent of my sharing info.

2. Your attitude isn't very appreciative, it's combative

3. I mentioned that Cooley wasn't rehabbing his injury, he was partying/drinking/etc. the entire time and wouldn't even call the team back when they were trying to get a hold of him

4. Well you were being rude here

My info isn't "valuable" I just happen to know more than what is publicly available for once and wanted to share what I could and back up others sharing inside info

---------- Post added August-15th-2012 at 03:12 PM ----------

It's way to easy to sit at a keyboard and make statements like you're making. While you may think you know, you don't. So please stop acting like you do.

Hey, I've stayed quiet on most things out of respect for others. I don't have a post history of throwing out baseless accusations, rather I almost always am one of the first to defend players. In this case I'm closer to the situation than you think, and if I was merely pretending and just making stuff up then I would have gotten a ban by now.

I get wanting to protect family, and that's why I haven't been discussing things in great detail, I am merely backing up others who have shared inside info because in this one case I have heard what they have.

---------- Post added August-15th-2012 at 03:14 PM ----------

Finally a reliable source that says the stuff elkabong82 is putting out is crap. This is what I was trying to say its real easy to say " I have inside info" and then spread gossip and disparaging remarks based on FACTS that can't be shared publicly. I said it earlier and I'll say it now I am very thankful for info passed to us on ES but some of this " inside info " is just rumors based on personal feelings. If you have an opinion on someone or just don't like them hey I am cool with that it's your right as an American but please sack up and just say it without spreading disinformation so you look important. Personally Elkabong82 I think you owe some people an apology but hey what do I know I'm not privy to the sources you are.

HTTR

I've already shared my source with a mod. Family protects each other. I don't have a history of spreading baseless lies, this is a player I defended until very recently, even quoted him in my sig until very recently too. There's no incentive for me to lie and it is uncharacteristic of my post history to baselessly trash a player, I am usually a defender of them. Other insiders have heard the same info that I shared. So no, I don't owe any apologies to any of you on here.

Archived