Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Multiple Deaths And Many Wounded After Shooting During 'Dark Knight' (MET

Fergasun

This ruined my ****ing morning. This is NOT the first thing I wanted to read about when I turned my computer on at work. A couple of things:

-I know people don't like their rights/liberties violated, but I'm all for pat-downs/bag checks/metal detectors in public venues. It's going to raise taxes a bit, but if there is any measure we can take to help prevent tragedies like what just happened, I'm all for it.

-PLEASE let there be no copycats.

-Why in the world is a 3 month old at a midnight screening? HORRIBLE parenting.

RIP to the victims.

latest speculation is that this jerk might've been imitating "Bane." Gas mask, vest, tear gas canisters...

And this is probably nothing, but folks around here are talking about it. East Denver/Aurora is area code "720." The shooting happened on July 20 (7/20) just after midnight. Probably just random though...

And also a lot of speculation that he came to the midnight premiere, knowing it would be packed, so he could hurt as many people as possible...

This ruined my ****ing morning. This is NOT the first thing I wanted to read about when I turned my computer on at work. A couple of things:

-I know people don't like their rights/liberties violated, but I'm all for pat-downs/bag checks/metal detectors in public venues. It's going to raise taxes a bit, but if there is any measure we can take to help prevent tragedies like what just happened, I'm all for it.

-PLEASE let there be no copycats.

RIP to the victims.

I read an article that said that he kicked open an emergency exit so a pat down wouldn't have been effective anyway.

What an awful, awful tragedy. One of the victims tweeted her excitement about going to the movie just before the shooting. :(

I want the smartest scientists on Earth working right now to figure out how and why people like this shooter do such horrible things. I'll tell you right now, it's not the guns, it's not the games, it's not the movies. It's some deep-seeded psychological issue, which issue must be discovered to try to put a stop to this sort of madness.

This is horrible news to wake up to this morning :(

I hear about how there was a baby there or how the guy got in through the emergency exit. I thought those things went one-way.

CNN is saying they heard from an official who is involved in the investigation that he,(guman),propped open the door then geared up,then. well. :( Probably got his ticket,got in to the theater,then made his way to the exit and slipped out whiled propping it open behind him,(that's where is car was too).

And this is probably nothing, but folks around here are talking about it. East Denver/Aurora is area code "720." The shooting happened on July 20 (7/20) just after midnight. Probably just random though...

And also a lot of speculation that he came to the midnight premiere, knowing it would be packed, so he could hurt as many people as possible...

Definitely random since movies premiere on Fridays.

What an awful, awful tragedy. One of the victims tweeted her excitement about going to the movie just before the shooting. :(

I want the smartest scientists on Earth working right now to figure out how and why people like this shooter do such horrible things. I'll tell you right now, it's not the guns, it's not the games, it's not the movies. It's some deep-seeded psychological issue, which issue must be discovered to try to put a stop to this sort of madness.

It's not just the guns. The guns do help. Guns are a clean and safe way to kill someone. You can do it at a distance with limited risk to yourself. They represent power to criminals, bullies or the insane. You wouldn't get massacres if the guy just had a knife.

That said, guns are only one piece of the puzzle. Desensitization to violence through games and movies. Bad parenting. Drugs. Desire to famous. All of these and a ton of other factors play into events like these. Some more, some less, some not at all, but guns are without question a part of the equation. They make it possible.

Agree 100%. As a responsible gun carrying citizen, I can't stand it when people come out of the woodworks about gun control after tragedies like this..

Its been proven that ccw citizens are one of the most law abiding groups of people in the country. Not to mention that a crazy person like this who wants to shoot up a place can get their hands on guns pretty easily...

Yeah that is very odd. A midnight showing doesn't even fall into the "let's get a babysitter" time frame.

Hence why the parents probably brought the child. The little one was either going to sleep through the movie or be awake anyway at that time of night and the parents obviously weren't going to be able to get a babysitter,(well more than likely not). Not the first time I've seen a little one like that in the theater. As for the 6 year old,keep in mind our own childhoods. Being able to stay up past your bedtime was a rare treat and one that was always really cool when it happened. Add in a much anticipated movie like this,and there's a special treat indeed,(choice of movie not withstanding of course). Any other time these two in the theater isn't really noted,(and if it is,probably a few would say "I wouldn't do that). No big deal. At a time like this,it's horrible parenting,(there I go with my derailment),which it really isn't imho.

Well, it's a good thing we have all these guns to keep us safe from the bad guys..

****ing CRAZY.

Couldn't agree more.

Yes, there'll always be crazy but I'd like to think much higher standards and thorough checks for gun ownership could help prevent these type of "people" from building up their own private arsenal and doing this. A civilian in his twenties with an AK? A shotgun and two hand guns? Tear Gas? Really? How is that even possible?

Horrific, just very, very sad.

Hence why the parents probably brought the child. The little one was either going to sleep through the movie or be awake anyway at that time of night and the parents obviously weren't going to be able to get a babysitter,(well more than likely not). Not the first time I've seen a little one like that in the theater. As for the 6 year old,keep in mind our own childhoods. Being able to stay up past your bedtime was a rare treat and one that was always really cool when it happened. Add in a much anticipated movie like this,and there's a special treat indeed,(choice of movie not withstanding of course). Any other time these two in the theater isn't really noted,(and if it is,probably a few would say "I wouldn't do that). No big deal. At a time like this,it's horrible parenting,(there I go with my derailment),which it really isn't imho.

I'm sorry, but there is NO way a 6 year old should be watching TDKR. I understand the anticipation of the movie and what not, but a movie like Batman is 100% inappropriate for a 6 year old. As a parent, this irks me to no end when I see children attending movies that they shouldn't be watching.

Hence why the parents probably brought the child. The little one was either going to sleep through the movie or be awake anyway at that time of night and the parents obviously weren't going to be able to get a babysitter,(well more than likely not). .

Yeah but that is when you realize as parents that you now have a child and will just have to wait until you can get a babysitter or wait for it to come out on DVD. Sorry....didn't mean to derail.

This was my first thought as well...but then...is it really poor parenting? What's a 3 month old doing at midnight usually anyway? sleeping, then waking up to eat. Chances are there was little change in the baby's schedule.

Archived