Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Amazing Spider-Man

RansomthePasserby

I was not psyched at all for this but I had the day off and the wife took the girls to see Brave... I saw Spiderman and loved it.

Great movie. Great acting from spidey, Martin sheen and the lizard.... Story was thankfully just different enough from the raimi versions to make it really interesting and not just another origin story... A few small issues but I would say its better than the raimi's.

I saw in 3d which added nothing except a higher ticket cost. def. recommend.

Ninja for post credit scene: People are saying it's Norman Osborne

ninja response Could be wrong but it felt more like Kingpin's henchmen to me.

Still like Raimi's version a bit better because it kept truer to the original spirit and storyline of the comic, but it was a very nice adaptation in its own right.

Yea as far as first Ninja response that seems to be the consensus but it was very vague. This version was nice, I like Raimi better as well and I think Tobey Maguire pulls off a better Peter Parker but Emma Stone as the lead female role was better than Kirsten Dunst. Regardless I look forward to the next installment.

Yeah, Emma was a gorgeous Gwen Stacey and you can totally imagine a geeky Peter Parker being flummoxed by her. I would have liked a little more about who she was and what she was about to feel that there was a real reason she would go for Peter... MJ's backstory was developed much better. To be honest, I liked both esp. in the first movie.

Got a copy and watched some of the fight scenes, and I wasn't blown away. You can argue about this one vs the Remi's first spiderman, but Spiderman 2 with Dr. Oc still looks better then this. And my dad said something that stuck with me about all these spiderman movies: what's up with all this spiderboy crap? When are we going to see SpiderMAN???

Don't care too much for any Mysterio angle, would rather see Venom done right, Vulture, or better Carnage (tho I feel he could also be saved for a possible Avengers sequel as well)...

Ok, after seeing it, I thought it was really good. My favorite scenes were probably Peter skateboarding in a warehouse, and Stan Lee's cameo (it was a flawless execution.) The only real complaint I had was the score. The music lacked a discernible theme, and some of the action and more dramatic scenes could have been improved with better music. Music in a movie is a big deal for me, so this is kind of a shame...

The story and acting were good, the script was ok (could have been a little wittier). Hopefully in the sequel there will be more tension between Peter and Gwen... Overall, I enjoyed it.

I think I liked it more then I disliked it. The Stan Lee cameo scene was hilarious. I'd put it up there with the Hulk sucker punching Thor & Hulk's "puny god" scenes from The Avengers. :)

The two biggest things I really would have changed were scene that just screamed out to me as an ad for the mask that the kid wears in the Target commercial & the crane scene that just seemed it was put there as a video game level.

Really liked that even though they tweaked/changed/updated the origin that the school kept the Midtown name. Thought they really got the essence of the Stan Lee/Steve Ditko Peter Parker character down. Especially the trash takin' smart ass Spidey.

Not sure about the web shooters red glow when he fires though. Nice visual, but didn't think that effect was really needed.

Archived