Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per NFL.com: Percy Harving requests a trade from the Minnesota Vikings

HeluCopter29

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829fada5/article/percy-harvin-requests-a-trade-from-minnesota-vikings?module=HP11_headline_stack

"I'll just put it this way -- it's a lot of different things that have to be sorted out," Harvin said. "Just haven't been real happy lately. So, we've got a couple things to work on. I'm here in the classroom, so we'll go from here."

Pretty interesting stuff in Minnesota. Probably not getting traded.

Never really liked Harvin as a player. For a player who had as many touches as he did last year, he didn't really seem to produce that much as other players.

9.44 yards per touch (not counting return yardage or touches), 8 rushing/receiving TDs (1 every 17.4 touches).

Only averaged 9.69 touches per game (including returns), or 8.69 touches without returns.

3.25 rushes and 5.44 receptions per game.

Never really liked Harvin as a player. For a player who had as many touches as he did last year, he didn't really seem to produce that much as other players.

9.44 yards per touch (not counting return yardage or touches), 8 rushing/receiving TDs (1 every 17.4 touches).

Only averaged 9.69 touches per game (including returns), or 8.69 touches without returns.

3.25 rushes and 5.44 receptions per game.

Welker usually sits at around 10 yards per touch. It's just a result of the role those guys play.

I dont know guys.. I think Harvin is really a stud when he doesnt have those migraine...

if you pair up Harvin with one of the better QBs in the league.. I see him as a sure fire Pro Bowler... a sure fire WR1 FF player IMHO

Welker usually sits at around 10 yards per touch. It's just a result of the role those guys play.

Harvin plays a very different role to Welker though. Welker was at 12.9 per catch last year, Harvin was at 11.1 per reception - thats poor for a guy whose role in the Vikes offense is more of a big play receiver down the field than Welker. Of course Welker had Brady throwing to him and Harvin had McNugget and a rookie in Ponder ....

I would be very surprised in the Vikes trade him though - they have too few weapons already to be moving a guy like Harvin.

This is what Harvin said on Twitter:

"Fans I said I have issues to be worked out money not at all being the problem...I've dne everything asked and more... "

Which means it's all about the money.

---------- Post added June-21st-2012 at 11:15 AM ----------

This is what Harvin said on Twitter:

"Fans I said I have issues to be worked out money not at all being the problem...I've dne everything asked and more... "

Which means it's all about the money.

Harvin plays a very different role to Welker though. Welker was at 12.9 per catch last year, Harvin was at 11.1 per reception - thats poor for a guy whose role in the Vikes offense is more of a big play receiver down the field than Welker. Of course Welker had Brady throwing to him and Harvin had McNugget and a rookie in Ponder ....

I would be very surprised in the Vikes trade him though - they have too few weapons already to be moving a guy like Harvin.

Welker doesn't have the speed Harvin does, nor is he touted as a deep threat home run guy that Harvin is.

How is Harvin's role that of a big play vertical threat when he overwhelmingly is the recipient of short passes? If you go back and actually watch the games it should be abundantly clear that 90% of his targets came within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. It didn't matter if McNabb, Ponder, or Webb was at QB.

There's no way you can possibly hold the low yards per catch stat against him given the way he was used and the miserable cast of characters throwing the ball up there. It would make far more sense to blame Musgrave for that than Harvin.

Archived