Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OK I got asked a logic/IQ question in an assesment for a job

DeaconTheVillain

LInk for that stat? Just curious. Not because I think it's wrong, but because it sounds like a stat intended to generate a particular result.

I rarely buy books anymore. I go to the library. I borrow and exchange with friends and family...but I don't often buy books. That's a meaningless stat. What percentage of Americans read a book of any type in 2009?

It's from reports published by Bowker.

45% read a book in 2008. http://www.bowker.com/en-US/aboutus/press_room/2009/pr_05292009.shtml

LInk for that stat? Just curious. Not because I think it's wrong, but because it sounds like a stat intended to generate a particular result.

I rarely buy books anymore. I go to the library. I borrow and exchange with friends and family...but I don't often buy books. That's a meaningless stat. What percentage of Americans read a book of any type in 2009?

I bought two books in 2009, which should give me a little more cred on this board.

It's from reports published by Bowker.

45% read a book in 2008. http://www.bowker.com/en-US/aboutus/...05292009.shtml

Read them? Never mind,

Join in with the rest of us who delight in poking our finger in the eye of those insuffereable europeans. They think they are sooooo superior cause then can read and stuff.

Making **** up, doesn't make for compelling arguments, unless you are on talk radio, even if you are an Irish American with a giant chip on your shoulder.

Making **** up, doesn't make for compelling arguments,

Does here...

unless you are on talk radio, even if you are an Irish American with a giant chip on your shoulder.

You can take the man out off the continent, but you can't take the contitnent out of the man... Talk like that and you will never be one of us... Bet you still shower every day too.

This isn't an IQ test.

It's a personality test.

They want to know how your mind works.

Right, how you evaluate people. What that says about what motivates you. Where would your sympathies lie when put into a position of authority.

You are applying for a head hunter position.. I think you gave the right answer... This question solely deals with your ability to critically evaluate others abilities and classify them into worth to the ultimate benifit of the job placement firm.

John and Mary Hazlitt defiintely drink too much, don't read enough, probable make too much money too... Why can these people afford to live in a high rise? They are lucky to be living indoors,

I was guessing they live in the projects...that explains the high rise

I was guessing they live in the projects...that explains the high rise
Agreed that they drink like fish and only look at books for the pictures. But they could afford that nice vacation, so I think the high-rise is a nice one. Obviously those two slugs are leeching off the daughter with the well-paying job, she of the "stylish business suit".

Is that a refference to drugs? Also what does the hole represent in your analogy? Do you feel your mother gave you enough attention growing up, not enough attention, or just exactly the right amount of attention?

What is your major malfunction? Didn't Mommy and Daddy give you enough attention, when you were little?

Buying a business suit for someone else is odd. They admire their own purchases that they are giving as gifts, so they probably have narcissistic tendencies. I would guess that they were drunk for the entire trip. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the scotch bottle was empty, taking the boss's request literally that he wanted a "bottle" and not the contents thereof. We also know that some of the most ardent social conservatives are themselves drunken philandering closeted homosexuals, therefore the answer to the first question is A.

Since they are drunk all the time, they probably don't bother to read any books without illustrations.

Hmmm...Now wondering if their biblical names have anything to do with what the best answer is?

They went to a duty free liquor store and brought home none for themselves or others(other than sucking up to the boss)....absolute proof of discouraging drinking

they are likely vegans and sexually frustrated

Is it just me, or does the stylish business suit as a vacation souvenir stand out more than the others? They don't even ask about it.

They're forgetting an answer for the first question.. E. John likes to kiss ass at work in hopes of a promotion.

What is your major malfunction? Didn't Mommy and Daddy give you enough attention, when you were little?

I was in a mood yesterday... I thought it was kind of a funny tangent to be silly mostly because I think such queston as in the original post are silly.

That people would see answers to such questions determinitive to how one would perform in a job, I find silly.

I appologize if I offended, and will work to restrain myself in the future.. My Bad.

I was in a mood yesterday... I thought it was kind of a funny tangent to be silly mostly because I think such queston as in the original post are silly.

That people would see answers to such questions determinitive to how one would perform in a job, I find silly.

I appologize if I offended, and will work to restrain myself in the future.. My Bad.

I think you missed my point. It was a quote. From Full Metal Jacket. (Gunny Hartman's Last Words, in fact.)

I think you missed my point. It was a quote. From Full Metal Jacket. (Gunny Hartman's Last Words, in fact.)

Well then I take back my apology, and will say nice quote... I love Gunny R. Lee Ermey. He was great in Full Metal Jacket, I'm shocked, shocked I tell you that I missed your intent in quoting him.

I was in a mood yesterday though.

Since its a job interview the right thing to do is slant everything with ass-kissy answers (My greatest flaw? I'm work too hard, and might be too much of a perfectionist).

Question #1: doesn't matter. The important thing is the need to impress the boss. Since the boss asked for Scotch as opposed to beer we can assume this is a white collar situation. Should be a snap to upsell them into a set of fine crystal drinking glasses, or at least a high-end barware set.

Question #2: Probably more than others. The key is to get the name of the book. That will give us some insight into their tastes, and our home furnishings people can bombard them with spam. The colors on the cover of the book will be significant for the free redecorating service we provide.

Don't forget the third gift. Since don't carry women's clothing or accessories we can sell their names to a marketing company. Sell the daughter's name separately for twice the revenue.

I'd like a corner office please.

Archived