Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Niles Paul moving to TE?

SkinsGuru

Putting two and two together here.

First, a tweet from Paul posted two hours ago:

@Niles_Paul84

I got a secret for y'all but I'm going to let y'all find out for yourselves...

And this tweet from Skins beat reporter Grant Paulsen a few minutes ago:

@granthpaulsen

Interesting nugget from #Redskins workouts: I'm hearing that Niles Paul has been working / meeting with Washington's TE group this week.

What do you think?

I think the bigger question is how a guy 6'1 225 lbs going to survive at TE?

Hernandez is 6'1+ but 240ish, so that's a good question. Hernandez looks smaller than that though, and Paul can block his ass off, so maybe he has the frame to add the bulk and be our "move" TE while Davis plays the classic "in-line" role?

Hellz yea! He's one of the fastest guys on our team and he's a truck at that. Put on about 15-20 lbs and he'd be a force, hopefully still keeping his speed. Yes, we have Cooley and Davis, but they are turtles. We need speed for RG3

Davis is not slow. He may not have Paul's speed, but he's not slow by any means.

Wait... wha???

I mean, he's pretty physical based on his ST play last year, but TE? I don't see it.

I'm with Califan. Could be nothing more than a way to "cheat" the position designation system so we can keep less WR's and still have him, if we're done with Paulsen, Cooley, or both.

also wanted to note that it looks like we are possibly looking at Owen Schmitt. That's great news although I do like Darryl Young. From JSteelz twitter

Nothing wrong with some competition. Especially since in a pinch Young can play RB.

also wanted to note that it looks like we are possibly looking at Owen Schmitt. That's great news although I do like Darryl Young. From JSteelz twitter

That would be awesome! Dude is a beast. One of the toughest S.O.B.s in the game, hands down.

Archived