Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any Chris Cooley Updates?

Gracelander

Has anyone heard any updates on Chris Cooley's recovery from last year? I haven't heard much about him lately and he isn't doing his Wjfk radio show and his web page hasn't been updated in a long time.

So just wondering if he is healthy and ready to go. ?

I asked Rich Tandler this a while back. He said that Cooley said he could have played last season towards the end, but he was already on IR. He should be all healed up and ready to go this season....HTTR

this is from just after the trade with the Rams.

Chris Cooley is said to be back to full health and ready to go. His blocking ability will be just as, if not more, valuable to the Redskins this year than his receiving skills.

http://www.hogshaven.com/2012/3/10/2859491/chris-cooley-and-tim-hightower-just-became-much-more-valuable-to-the

I also think his pottery skills have improved a ton since last year.... so that should be an added bonus

I asked Rich Tandler this a while back. He said that Cooley said he could have played last season towards the end, but he was already on IR. He should be all healed up and ready to go this season....HTTR

Cooley should have been in street clothes for the first half of the 2011 season, and then in the lineup for the last half. They did it backwards. His knee was obviously nowhere near 100% at the start of the season, dude could hardly jog. I hope they're right this time.

I can't wait for the 1-2 punch of Cooley/Davis (or vice versa). Cooley has always been consistent and a phenomenal tight end to watch.

I heard because of his salary someone said he may get cut or need to restructure (maybe JLC?) but who knows. I could be mistaken by saying that.

I can't wait for the 1-2 punch of Cooley/Davis (or vice versa). Cooley has always been consistent and a phenomenal tight end to watch.

I heard because of his salary someone said he may get cut or need to restructure (maybe JLC?) but who knows. I could be mistaken by saying that.

I'm pretty sure it was he offered to restructure if need be.

Hope he's healthy and back next year. Him and Davis make a scary double threat.

Same here. Couple Davis/Cooley with our receivers, and a improved running game, this offense COULD be potent. Especially with RGIII/Luck throwing the ball. Hail.

Ditto, especially with a guy like RG3 behind center.

I don't think there has been any real news about Cooley's rehab, has there?

It;s been a while since I have had an article to post in brbn but the last one said his rehab was going well and he expected to be ready by training camp.;

It;s been a while since I have had an article to post in brbn but the last one said his rehab was going well and he expected to be ready by training camp.;

How long ago was that?...You find so much news to put in the BRBN that sometimes a new story can drop off the 1st page within day lol :yes:...Stop being so diligent!! :mad:

If he's having a good off-season and looks like he's back to form then I'm willing to give him 1 more year. After that, yes, trade him.

Actually, if he has a good off-season, that would be the best time to trade him. That's why the good teams are the good teams. They're not afraid to part ways with players that have seen their best days.

Will you guys give this a rest? Please? This constant "trade Cooley" nonsense is getting boring and repetitive.

I want a young team. If Cooley was on the Pats, Eagles, Steelers or any other good team, he would have been traded years ago. Nothing against Cooley, but it's time to turn the page.

Archived