Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any Chris Cooley Updates?

Gracelander

I want a young team. If Cooley was on the Pats, Eagles, Steelers or any other good team, he would have been traded years ago. Nothing against Cooley, but it's time to turn the page.

1) He's only 29. Every player at every position can't be 22 years old. You need veterans sprinkled in.

2) We are not the Steelers, Eagles (what the hell have they done?) or Pats (who haven't won a SB in 7 yrs)

3) Why don't we let him show us his knee has healed and he's back to 100%, before we discard him. He can still be productive (but I'd like to see his cap number reduced)

4) Fred is a Smoke & Toke away from us starting Paulsen (like last year) if you trade Cooley. TE is an area of depth with Chris on the roster. We won't have to worry about TE. Trade him and you open up another hole to fill. How would you fill his spot? Draft choice? Very "weak" year for TEs in the draft.

5) The team has gotten progressively younger the last 2 years. If Cooley was 31-32, I'd say yeah. Moss is 32, Gaffney is 31, Fletch is 36. Cooley can still produce like these guys now that his knee is fixed.

Archived