Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My dream came true tonight. Met and talked with all the top brass of the Redskins (Thread Includes Pics--MET)

Lone Star Skin Fan

This is one of the greatest stories/threads I have seen in the time I've been here. What an unbelievable experience (at first literally). That must've really been something.

I have to agree with the guy who said Snyder is coming off more personable. I think in general I have warmed up to Snyder since Shanahan came around.

Looks like Dan's gained a bit of weight. In all seriousness, is it possible for the Colts to negotiate with, and sign, Luck (assuming they want him) immediately, and thus allow us to do the same ASAP thereafter with Griffin?

Nope. Colts can negotiate, but only the Colts. Even if they sign Luck, we can't do anything till the draft.

Sorry to put you guys through my own personal "picture-gate". Needless to say my big sis is going to get a nice gift real soon!

I'm telling you they were having an absolute blast in that room. I wish I could have recognized everyone in that room but my head was spinning!

It's a delicate balance trying to be cool and not feel like you are bothering them. I would like to think I did a good job looking back on it. It probably helped that I may have been the only Redskins fan they encountered the whole night.

Bruce was very personable.....my sister even mentioned he made her want to root for the Redskins and she is a die hard Cowboys fan!

I should have been in bed 2 hours ago....I am wide freaking awake!

If it hasn't been said enough, thank goodness for Bruce Allen. He might be the biggest driving force towards restoring our name as a respected, professional franchise. Ultimately it will take wins on the field, but at some point the media will have to stop talking about Snyder because with every passing day it is becoming more and more clear that this is BA show.

Sorry to put you guys through my own personal "picture-gate". Needless to say my big sis is going to get a nice gift real soon!

I'm telling you they were having an absolute blast in that room. I wish I could have recognized everyone in that room but my head was spinning!

It's a delicate balance trying to be cool and not feel like you are bothering them. I would like to think I did a good job looking back on it. It probably helped that I may have been the only Redskins fan they encountered the whole night.

Bruce was very personable.....my sister even mentioned he made her want to root for the Redskins and she is a die hard Cowboys fan!

Man, I am so envious right now. I would have been as giddy as a schoolgirl at a Bieber concert.

Glad you were able to get the pics up man... That is an awesome experience and I'm sure every member here is very jealous of you tonight haha.

I don't think I've heard a negative thing about Bruce since he got here.. Seems like a great guy and definitely what we needed after the V-word (don't want to ruin anyone's night by saying the name)

Looks like Dan's gained a bit of weight. In all seriousness, is it possible for the Colts to negotiate with, and sign, Luck (assuming they want him) immediately, and thus allow us to do the same ASAP thereafter with Griffin?

Shhhh! That's not allowed! And since it's not allowed, and since this is the official message board of the Washington Redskins, John Mara and his goon squad are most likely reading all of our posts. If they read a fan saying we should sign RG3 after the Colts sign Luck, they'll probably try to take our pick and take another 10 mil off of our cap.

In all seriousness, is it possible for the Colts to negotiate with, and sign, Luck (assuming they want him) immediately, and thus allow us to do the same ASAP thereafter with Griffin?

Nope. Only the first overall pick can sign early. It's kind of a silly rule, but without it there probably wouldn't be a draft day event.

By the way, the thing I love most about this story is that it confirms we'll be picking RG3 and not Luck. Our front office guys must have been in contact with the Colts at some point and got a strong indication of which QB they're going to take. I'd be happy with either QB, but it's nice knowing more or less for sure who the face of the franchise is going to be.

By the way, the thing I love most about this story is that it confirms we'll be picking RG3 and not Luck.

While it more than likely does suggest that, I wouldn't put anything past Irsay. Even though it makes no difference if he's lying or telling the truth (if we've talked to him at all), my guess is that they're just playing the odds.

While it more than likely does suggest that, I wouldn't put anything past Irsay. Even though it makes no difference if he's lying or telling the truth (if we've talked to him at all), my guess is that they're just playing the odds.

After hearing all this, I bet RGIII is gonna be pissed if he is picked by the Colts at this point. Hopefully he pulls an Eli in that case and we can have both Luck and RGIII, give the Colts our other RGIII (rex) and some $$$ and laugh at them repeatedly.

Nope. Only the first overall pick can sign early. It's kind of a silly rule, but without it there probably wouldn't be a draft day event.

By the way, the thing I love most about this story is that it confirms we'll be picking RG3 and not Luck. Our front office guys must have been in contact with the Colts at some point and got a strong indication of which QB they're going to take. I'd be happy with either QB, but it's nice knowing more or less for sure who the face of the franchise is going to be.

My thoughts exactly.

Awesome stuff LSSF!!!!

You got a pic with Dan Snyder, and Bruce Allen took it. Holy balls.

For confirmation, the shadow on them certainly looks like Bruce's head!

---------- Post added March-21st-2012 at 12:44 AM ----------

I've gotta ask though, LSSF:

How in hell did you NOT ask them for a signature?

Or how certain they were that they were going to draft RG3

This is incredible! Thank you LSSF, you definitely made the nights of a bunch of us who only dream of such an encounter. I've always worn my colors proudly but this year just feels different. We have a competent coach and front office who are finally emphasizing the draft, coupled with a free agency approach targeting young ascending players. We have stability entering our 3rd year in the O & D, and we are days away from having one of the most dynamic and talented players ever to play QB in the NFL, donning the Burgundy & Gold. Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

Or how certain they were that they were going to draft RG3

That's what I would have wanted to know, but I don't think I would have been thinking very clearly in the situation... Gotta give him mad props for welcoming them all to Waco and saying "Hail to the Redskins" I bet they loved that

For the record, for those that aren't inclined to believe the OP for whatever reason— LLSF hadn't started a new thread in 5 years prior to this one. Somethings tells me a seriously worthwhile and exciting event he experienced, rather than a sudden whim to dupe us lowly message board readers, is more likely to result in his breaking this hiatus.

I know this reply is a bit late and will fall a few pages back but I sincerely agree with this. There is something to be said about the members who have been here since 2002 like LSSF who rarely post, why in the world would he make something like this up? I understand skepticism, however I wish more respect and trust were given to members who were here and have been here for a long time, pre-merger. Something could be learned here from this post and I would hope that others follow his example and read more and post less.

As it relates to the OP, that is awesome man, I am so glad a dedicated 'Skins fan outside of the DMV could experience what you did tonight. A fan's true dream for sure!

sorry guys......I'm kinda ignorant on posting pics....

Dream come true!!!!

Wow man, that's AWESOME. Man, Bruce Allen, this guy is almost too good to be true. It seems like there are always stories like this popping up.

Kudos to Dan, also. Seems like those guys gave you a memory you'll never forget.

Ok...two valid questions...

as far as autographs go- I did get a pen and had it ready...it was just my gut feeling had I asked them for autographs on top of all the rest it may have pushed me into being a bothersome fan. Maybe in hindsight I should have. When I went outside I decided to go for the picture over any autographs. Had they turned down the pic I was going to ask for autographs.

As a matter of fact, I DID ask Bruce if he thought there was any chance Indy would take RG3.....he said yes it is possible...the only bummer moment of the night..

Unfortunately I forgot to ask him about London

Archived