Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

per ESPN 980 facebook - Lou Spanos is going to be hired as the defensive coordinator at UCLA.

c4man5282

Aw man, I'm going to miss seeing Lou yelling and gesturing from the sidelines.

Me too:

Picture+4.png

In all seriousness, Spanos seemed like a pretty great coach for us. Good for him for getting a promotion. Hope we can find a worthy replacement.

Definitely deserves a bigger gig. With the quick development of Kerrigan, Riley, White, Jackson (not to mention Orakpo), the Skins don't lack for talented young LBers. Spanos did a a great job, and will probably be on Washington's radar for a future DC position.

With all the teams that run the 3-4 now, it will not be difficult to find someone to help Haslett (who is a 3-4 LBer coach himself) coach up that unit.

Me too:

Picture+4.png

In all seriousness, Spanos seemed like a pretty great coach for us. Good for him for getting a promotion. Hope we can find a worthy replacement.

I loved the announcers when he made that crab defense gesture....they had no idea the animal face he was making...coulda been Sigmund the Sea Monster for all they knew. LOL

Be nice if we could bring in Kevin Greene. He is listed as an outside linebackers coach for the Packers staff. I BELIEVE he has a connection with Haslett but I don't know for sure. Greene played in and is/has coached the 3-4.

Be nice if we could bring in Kevin Greene. He is listed as an outside linebackers coach for the Packers staff. I BELIEVE he has a connection with Haslett but I don't know for sure. Greene played in and is/has coached the 3-4.

I like this idea too.I certainly would love to see Mr.Greene in D.C

I like this idea too.I certainly would love to see Mr.Greene in D.C

I certainly didn't like hearing that we are looking at promoting from within. Media has said that Haslett works closely with the LBs but to me one would think that we woud get a legit LB coach, with good creditials to replace Spanos and Haslett can devote more timeto the total DF. From our list of coaches, I don't think anyone is qualified to take over Spanos's spot. JMO.

Heres an idea, wont happen but makes an interesting topic of discussion. Make London Fletcher the LB coach as a player. Could fill the duel role of player/coach for a couple of years until he retires and takes the job as a full time coach. No one has earned more respect from fellow players and coaches alike than London Fletcher, he knows the defense inside and out and he has instant credibility. Just tossing it out for discussion.

**Sorry guys, just noticed that HighSkin already thought of this idea.

Archived