Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Un-substantiated rumor regarding Kyle's future in Washington

CapsSkins

Thank you Jumbo for enforcing the rules. The OP also threw in a rumor about chasing Manning. If it turns out to be true, he violated someone's trust which is wrong. You are pretty smart for a 12 year old.

In fairness, the OP quickly sent me a PM in reply to my post with some details I will keep to myself independent of their validity or lack thereof, and it was very responsible, respectful, friendly, and apologetic. The OP then took immediate action to rectify the gaffes and once again apologized, checking in after his edits to make sure everything was cool. He did a full mea culpa in the best of fashion. I was impressed. I wish that was my normal experience in such matters.

For someone who doesn't know what I heard or the nature of it, you seem to be pretty confident in talking about violations of trust. Do you think the information TK and LL56 provide is wrong as well? I am surprised (but then again, not) that even when riddled with qualifiers, disclaimers, and vague generalizations that at most give a rough illustration of various factors, an attempt to provide information to the community is met with a hostility one would think would be reserved for actions of ill-will.

I am a healthy believer in skepticism, and begrudge no one who chooses not to believe what I posted. I knew that to protect the organization and trust, I would have to limit what I posted and not provide sufficient credibility/proof to my post. However, the criticisms of my intentions and intelligence and the claims of "rumor-mongering" in the face of my phrasing (said the info should be taken with a grain of salt, said it was third-hand info, said it was an un-substantiated rumor) I find unreasonable and do not appreciate. If I had come out and said "hey guys! heard we're trading 3 firsts for tony Romo sits to pee!" and not provided sufficient proof, then it would be rumor mongering. But I laced my post with admissions and disclaimers. The skepticism is merited, the hostility is not.

Substantiated fact regarding this response:

Owned.

Wow, that was awesome, man. I'm not saying that I'm 100% taking your word for gospel, just as you advised, but your attitude and the actions that Jumbo said that you took (not that I can take his word for granted because I know for 110% that the name "Jumbo" came from "Jumbo Jet" and he's actually a Jets fan) were very impressive. Not to mention having your balls busted by everyone on here with a keyboard.

I hope that Kyle stays and that your source is off, but good for you with sticking to your guns! :cheers:

Owned.

Wow, that was awesome, man. I'm not saying that I'm 100% taking your word for gospel, just as you advised, but your attitude and the actions that Jumbo said that you took (not that I can take his word for granted because I know for 110% that the name "Jumbo" came from "Jumbo Jet" and he's actually a Jets fan) were very impressive. Not to mention having your balls busted by everyone on here with a keyboard.

I hope that Kyle stays and that your source is off, but good for you with sticking to your guns! :cheers:

Thanks. :)

I think it's important to realize some things: the higher-ups of an organization don't necessarily move in lock-step all the time. At any given moment there are likely going to be push and pull factors on various issues. We the general public see actions. But before there are actions there are meetings, discussions, conversations and deliberations. Most importantly, there are opposing viewpoints. And if a decision is made with a close margin, then that opposing viewpoint that we never saw realized or caught a glimpse of had strong support as well.

Want to know something funny? Personally, I don't think Kyle is going to get fired either. But that's beside the point. I caught wind of a viewpoint being floated around in the organization, and I felt it had strong enough support that it was at least worth mentioning.

Owned.

i agree. handled very well, caps.

I see why none of you have a promising MLB career. :ols:

You know, what makes this even more cryptic is the recent random moving around of posts lol, so there's no telling where you 'cut off' the guesses O_o

If it's not defensive backs that 'fell off' I dunno what did. If it's safeties in particular, I dunno how much you look at injury, and if you do I guess there could be questions about medical staff? Shanny seems pretty tongue in cheek when asked about whether dirty needed surgery much earlier, and answers with a lot of "I don't know, ask the team doctor" kind of answers?

I think expectations were just pretty high for LL/OJ, perhaps too high. If it costs a dude a job, then expecting a team to block for FGs should merit the same response IMO

Bobby Turner?

You think the RBs under performed?

More like were under utilized.

I think Bobby Turner will still be wearing that long sleeve sweatshirt in the heat of summer training camp for as long as he wants to coach.

I think Bobby is just as untouchable as Kyle when it comes the Mike Shanahan staff.

Swolick, secondary coach.

I agree, Bobby Turner is untouchable, in particular his value to the scheme

Thanks. :)

I think it's important to realize some things: the higher-ups of an organization don't necessarily move in lock-step all the time. At any given moment there are likely going to be push and pull factors on various issues. We the general public see actions. But before there are actions there are meetings, discussions, conversations and deliberations. Most importantly, there are opposing viewpoints. And if a decision is made with a close margin, then that opposing viewpoint that we never saw realized or caught a glimpse of had strong support as well.

Want to know something funny? Personally, I don't think Kyle is going to get fired either. But that's beside the point. I caught wind of a viewpoint being floated around in the organization, and I felt it had strong enough support that it was at least worth mentioning.

That's an extremely important point. When we hear that the Redskins have made a move, we forget that "the Redskins" is really composed of about a dozen decision makers, and that those decision makers have different opinions at any given time. We only see the result, like with a SCOTUS decision, but there's no way in hell that all nine justices agreed.

I'm probably in the minority here but with all the "rumors" going around the one I find most disheartening is we may make a play for Peyton.

BTW my guess for position coach on the hot seat is Sean McVay-tight ends coach. Why....cause nobody else picked him.

Keenan McCardell for the win, Alex? (say it like Ron Burgundy)

Edit: to contribute to the actual post....I think the OP's info would hold water if Peyton became an option in FA. Sounds like there are too many unknowns to really know if the Peyton thing has legs. The Kyle thing is a head scratcher otherwise...unless of course the OP's source has heard about Kyle coaching elsewhere next year as a HC. That makes sense but him being let go for poor stats or offensive production (double entendre excluded lol) is ehhh. The guy has had **** to work with at the skill positions and the O line for the most part.

O MY GOODNESS...seems i been gone for way to long, i see to my boys was listed in here, but no jsteelz huh ..has it been that long ES, have i not been around that long..im back..for now lol, i was gonna use the rock thing but imma let him keep it..so whats up guys

O MY GOODNESS...seems i been gone for way to long, i see to my boys was listed in here, but no jsteelz huh ..has it been that long ES, have i not been around that long..im back..for now lol, i was gonna use the rock thing but imma let him keep it..so whats up guys

whut up bruh... don't be a stranger! this is your time of year and you know it!! :ols: you and the other 2 stooges. :)

This thread is stupid, if there was any rumors at all about Kyle leaving the Skins, the hate mongers at ESPN would be all over it in .00001 seconds.

---------- Post added January-5th-2012 at 07:31 AM ----------

Keenan McCardell for the win, Alex? (say it like Ron Burgundy)

Edit: to contribute to the actual post....I think the OP's info would hold water if Peyton became an option in FA. Sounds like there are too many unknowns to really know if the Peyton thing has legs. The Kyle thing is a head scratcher otherwise...unless of course the OP's source has heard about Kyle coaching elsewhere next year as a HC. That makes sense but him being let go for poor stats or offensive production (double entendre excluded lol) is ehhh. The guy has had **** to work with at the skill positions and the O line for the most part.

No way Peyton will end up in Washington. Irsey already said he wants Peyton under center and Luck on the sideline learning. Those two QBs are going to have to learn to licve with each other in Indy.

This thread is stupid, if there was any rumors at all about Kyle leaving the Skins, the hate mongers at ESPN would be all over it in .00001 seconds.

---------- Post added January-5th-2012 at 07:31 AM ----------

No way Peyton will end up in Washington. Irsey already said he wants Peyton under center and Luck on the sideline learning. Those two QBs are going to have to learn to licve with each other in Indy.

Oh, the irony of the first sentence of this post.

Archived