Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Un-substantiated rumor regarding Kyle's future in Washington

CapsSkins

"Not everyone is happy", eh? There's only three people that matter, and even then, only two of 'em TRULY matter and that's Shanahan and Snyder.

Actually I think the two that matter are Shanny and Allen. If Snyder is happy with Shanny, and I think he is right now, he will let Shanny do it his way and keep going. Seriously, what do you think is going to happen? Snyder goes to Shanny and complains about Kyle and tells him to fire him? I would love to be a fly on the wall during that conversation. After the way Shanny handled the Locklear thing, which I loved by the way....I just don't see Shanny bending on anything that he believes is right.

HA.. if Kyle was in the hot seat with Dad... it would be SO hush hush and tremendously closed door, there is NO WAY anyone besides Kyle, Mike and Bruce would know about it.

Kyle was starting to figure out the team and give it some identity in the 2nd half of this season.

We are just missing a QB.

We had 5 games with 100+ yard rushers (rookies at that).. and we lost 4 of those 5 games. Thats a statistcal annomally. The primary reason for most of those losses are because we are turning the ball over. You spend 5 minutes grinding the ball down the field and then get in the red zone and throw a pick or run backwards 12 yards for a sack and move us out of FG range and you demoralize the whole team.

We need a QB. plain and simple. Kyle will kick ass when we get one.

Lol, every off-season somebody with supposed connections in the organization pops off about what they hard and what's going to happen. Since I've been registered it's been true 0% of the time.

Nobody should be happy with how the organization has performed, but as long as Mike is here, Kyle will be as well.

The feelings about Kyle at RP could be true and still there is zero chance of him leaving the Skins unless he gets a HC job somewhere. That's the danger of nepotism. They are stuck with him.

IMO Kyle seems to construct solid plays, yet his playcalling is erratic, he passes too much and his clock management is suspect. Norv Turner revisited.

Only eight more months of this, only eight more months of this...

Haha, I know what you're saying, but with a coaching change, we wouldn't have to wait 8 more months. We'd know something in the next few weeks, and certainly before the draft. They aren't gonna can a OC / DC type coach after May mini camps start. I'd think if they were gonna make a change it would happen now so they can get there guy in there and start prepping for FA and the Draft.

anyone who thinks that playcalling is the reason that the Redskins sucked another egg this year is mildly special. The play calling was fine. The execution and talent was horrible. We had Rex Grossman and some other dude I never heard of who people compared to Steve Young as our Quarterback. Rex ran the offense pretty well because he grasped the concept of Kyle's offense. The offensive line was horrible as usual. The WR's were pretty non-existent especially Santana Moss. Please get rid of this guy already. The Rb's were a bright spot considering that most were rookies and the running game actually improved when hightower went down (no offense). How many times did we see horribly executed plays by Steve Young impersonator? Beck isn't even backup material. Overall, I think the team really started to click towards the end of the year and play better on offense. Can you imagine how good it could be with Luck, Griffin, or whoever else they deem worthy?

And with all that said - this source is a moron. Probably the equipment manager. I know him too.

To think that there isn't a bit of unease or dissatisfaction in any staff where the offense under performs (i.e. redzone/3rd down conversion/tunrovers etc) is naive.

I'm sure Kyle himself is a bit dissappointed.

I seriously doubt Kyle is let go.

The only way I see Kyle leaving is if he 'chooses' to leave for a 'better' job as a college HC or something.

I think people should hold off on roasting the OP. The Manning info is legit and it is possible people are not happy with some of the offensive production the past two years but Mike Shanahan makes that call and I just dont see it happening.I will ask around and see what's up.

I think people should hold off on roasting the OP. The Manning info is legit and it is possible people are not happy with some of the offensive production the past two years but Mike Shanahan makes that call and I just dont see it happening.I will ask around and see what's up.

I thought Kyle was doing better and starting to develop an indentiy for the team in the 2nd half of this season.

How good can you do with a QB who runs backwards 12 yards every time hes sacked and constantly throws INT's in the redzone to dropping LBers.

I think it would be unfair to judge Kyle at this point.

THIRD-HAND INFO THAT I AM NOT PASSING OFF AS FACT AND SHOULD BE TAKEN WITH A GRAIN OF SALT:

Heard from someone with connections to the organization that not everyone in the organization is happy with Kyle, and his future in Washington is uncertain.

From my read of the situation, everybody but one person can be unhappy with Kyle's performance, and it wouldn't matter. If Mike wants Kyle back, he'll be back.

I will say that the Peyton thing has legs. I have heard that a few times the past two weeks or so......

Well even if this unsubstantiated rumor is true, the idea that "not everybody" is happy with Kyle is hardly an indictment.

I doubt that "everybody" at my office loves having me around, but that's life.

But for people who think our gameplans or offensive playcalling are the major problems with this team, that is crazy.

Just take two seconds to look at the HUGE gap in talent between our offensive personnel, and the players just in our mediocre division.

QB -- Eli, Vick, Romo sits to pee, and Rex. Yeah, I think we're last.

RB -- Our rookies vs. Bradshaw/Jacobs, Lesean McCoy, Murray/Felix Jones. I like our guys, but they won't be on the cover of madden next year.

WR -- Maclin/Jackson/Avant, Cruz/Nicks/Manningham, Bryant/Austin/Robinson. No comment necessary.

O-line -- We're getting better, but between injuries and suspensions, this crew was wrecked. We ended the year with two rookies (a 7th round pick and an UFA) starting on the left side, and Tyler Polumbus at RT.

TE -- Our best group, but again, through injury and suspension, we ended up with Logan Paulsen.

So really, when we fail to light up the scoreboard, how can you possibly point at the playcalling?

We have the worst offensive talent in the conference people!

I know this offseason was supposed to be focused on offense, and i hope that is still the case (meaning we keep Fletch, Carriker, and figure out what the hell we're doing at safety).

Bring in Dwayne Bowe, the best guard and center you can find, draft the best qb you can get, and go from there before blaming the lack of points on the guy calling the plays.

This offense was so battered this year and had so many new parts I don't think anyone of the major contributors should be let go on this year alone. They've showen a fair amount of promise here and there across the board. Get a stud receiver, second real QB and more OL depth and see what happens next year. They're not that far behind the rest of the division.

People may knock Rex and Kyle but they both know what productive offenses look like. That's why they both have expressed a lot of confidence this year IMO.

Who wanted Beck? How did Beck fair out? Colt Brennan sold more jerseys. Could Colt have done better than Beck? Nothing was gained from trading for Beck. So the backup QB situation wasn't good. Kyle had to go back to Rex which was well....no other option. So maybe that is why someone at RP is not too happy about how Kyle is leading his offense or making his decisions. Mike can let go of his son as it is business and not personal. Mike has to do what is best for the team obviously. Maybe what the OP said has legs maybe not. I have no attachments to Kyle or will speculate that since he is Mike's son that therefor can't be let go.

Another thing-- my guy seems to think the organization will make a serious run at Peyton if that opportunity opens up.

With how everything went down this week in Indy the Colts are going to choose to keep Payton Manning and try to make one more run with Jim Caldwell as head coach. I still think it is 50/50 that Indy will take Luck but they may try to trade back in order to fill many of their wholes.

As many people have already said if Kyle goes Mike goes. IMHO if we had a good QB Kyle’s offense would be one of the best in the NFL just look at what he did in Houston with an Above average QB

I know where the Peyton thing came from which, when you know who said it, you check your fan card for a minute, look at it logically & in context & then don't buy into it. Even did some checking on it for ****s n giggles & its still bumpkiss.

Kyle is fine. Danny Smith is currently safe. But there is a position coach that's possibly on the hot seat as his unit fell off & under produced. Shouldn't be that hard to figure out who that is. ;)

Archived