Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Un-substantiated rumor regarding Kyle's future in Washington

CapsSkins

Not a chance. Kyle's offense finally got rolling toward the end of the year. I have a better chance at becoming the next OC than Kyle does leaving.

A decision has not been made. I'm just saying-- don't be surprised if he and the organization part ways.

You chose this time of night to post this but apparently no link and no credited source, and with an unsupported title for the thread, and have no previously established history of credibility in such matters, so now you have very limited time to back it up or have the thread closed, be placed in NNT, and receive a temporary ban. :)

What, you mean you don't want Luck or RG3 on his back every other play?

Exactly. Guy was too stubborn to NOT force 5-step or 7-step drops all the time, when his OL wasn't built for it. He was lucky he had Cutler and Forte playing as well as they were on a team with no other real weapons, and despite his playcalling/scheme.

Unless the unsatisfied parties include either elder Shanahan or Allen, some in the organization being dissatisfied probably doesn't do much. There's always dissatisfaction when teams aren't winning, and the offense has been a trouble spot, so I'd expect some on the inside to be annoyed, not that it'll do much.

Some info on your source (or your source's source) would be nice. Who is your friend with connections and who does he have connections with?

Unless the unsatisfied parties include either elder Shanahan or Allen, some in the organization being dissatisfied probably doesn't do much. There's always dissatisfaction when teams aren't winning, and the offense has been a trouble spot, so I'd expect some on the inside to be annoyed, not that it'll do much.

Some info on your source (or your source's source) would be nice. Who is your friend with connections and who does he have connections with?

Friend has family in the corporate side of the organization. I don't want to spill too much of what he told me because 1) it's not a sure thing, and 2) I don't want to compromise anything or make the organization look bad.

Basically what I'm saying is: from what I have heard, there is material dissatisfaction within the organization with Kyle. From what I heard, whether that leads to his departure or not is uncertain at this point. But having heard what I did, I would not be surprised at either outcome.

The only criticism I really ever had of Kyle was his playcalling, and it was mostly in the first half of the season, but in retrospect, the running game was pretty awful. Over the last month it's been shown that it is Grossman not Kyle, clearly, that is holding the offense back.

---------- Post added January-4th-2012 at 08:04 AM ----------

The team has been 6-10, and 5-11 the last 2 seasons......why would it be a surprise that there is dissatisfaction with some of the coaches?

Gibbs 2.0 returned this franchise to the playoffs, but 50% of the threads on this board were still calling for him to be fired on a daily basis.

I mean, come on.

euh....let´s take a look at the current O# coordinators around the league.

Kyle Shanahan, Was, 31

Josh McDaniels, St. L, 35

Brian Daboll, Miami, 36

Brian Schottenheimer, NYJ, 38

Mike McCoy, Den, 39

Greg Roman, SF, 40

Curtis Modkins, Bills, 39-40

Pete Carmichael, Jr., NE, 40

Mike Miller, Ari, 41

Bill O'Brien, Pats, 41

Darrell Bevell, Sea, 41

Rob Chudzinski, Car, 43

Bill Musgrave, Min, 44

Jay Gruden, Cinc, 44

Scott Linehan, Det, 48

Marty Mornhinweg, Phi, 49

Joseph Philbin, GB, 50

Cam Cameron, Bal, 50

Mike Mularkey. Atl, 50

Dirk Koetter, Jax, 52

Rick Dennison, Hou, 53

Clyde Christensen, Indy, 55

Greg Olson, ex TB, 59

Bruce Arians, Pitts, 59

Clarence Shelmon, SD, around 60

Kevin Gilbride, NYG, 60

Michael Martz, ex Chi, 60

Chris Palmer, Tenn, 62

Al Saunders, Oak, 64

Bill Muir, KC, 69?

We are dealing with a extremely talented guy. Give him time to develop, grow in his role as playcaller. If he can find a sinature off and keep developing it then we are possibly looking at our off. for the next 30! years. You want continuity? That's continuity. And that makes everything so much more easy. Our FA signing and off. draft picks would have a way higer succes rate because everybody knows for what kind of player we are looking.

I don't think Kyle is HC material but he sure is a bright mined off. coordinator.

And we have Lou at the D# side (who I don't see moving to a HC spot very soon), he is 41.

So Hasslett might leave at some point and Mike isn't going to be around forever but I believe that our currunt staff and scheme are good enough to be like the Steelers. A team that plays in the same scheme for a very long time. Promote coaches from inside the organisation when people leave and the HC only needs to be a great leader and motivater because the other parts of the game are already in place.

CapsSkins....PM Jumbo your source; I am sure he has some others that were kept secret when we had some on the inside (andy perhaps?). I would joke that your source from the corporate side is a Fed Ex driver, but personal attacks arent allowed.

We do not keed to know the source but if Jumbo says its credible then I will believe. Until then......

I never really thought Kyle was the problem. Rex Grossman played well when he made the right reads, and WRs were open other times when Rex didn't see them. The system seems like it works (I'm admittedly not a football Xs and Os guy). And I would love to SIGN Manning ONLY if we draft a rookie and the plan is to have him learn behind Manning. But that raises so many questions. Would Manning like the Shanahans offense and even sign here? If not, would we make coaching adjustments to make him fit? God I hope not but let's face it, it's not our decision. I think signing a healthy Manning, drafting whatever QB the Shanahans feel gives us the best chance to win (notice I didn't say fits their system best) and then everyone putting egos aside, merging football ideas and just just doing the damn thing while the rookie soaks it all in would finally fix this franchise. Will it happen though, probably not.

CapsSkins....PM Jumbo your source; I am sure he has some others that were kept secret when we had some on the inside (andy perhaps?). I would joke that your source from the corporate side is a Fed Ex driver, but personal attacks arent allowed.

We do not keed to know the source but if Jumbo says its credible then I will believe. Until then......

I have already sent Jumbo a PM telling him who my source is in terms of relationship with the org., but did not give a name. I do not have an interest in being right or seen as credible. I knew when I posted what I did that people would be skeptical (especially given how crazy the info is). I just wanted to pass along what I heard because I love ES. And no matter what ends up happening with Kyle, if I continue to hear info that I believe is reliable I will continue to post it.

Not a chance. Kyle's offense finally got rolling toward the end of the year. I have a better chance at becoming the next OC than Kyle does leaving.

Especially when he had limited tools to work with. Get a QB sorted for next season and I think the offense will be fine and people will see why Kyle was bought here.

Archived