Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Terrell Owens again accused of failing to pay child support

DWinzit

Terrell Owens again accused of failing to pay child supportPosted by Michael David Smith on December 10, 2011, 6:57 AM EST

Terrell Owens once again stands accused of failing to pay his child support.

A petition for contempt filed Friday in Georgia says Owens has not made his $5,000 monthly payment for December to Melanie Paige Smith, the mother of one of his children, the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports. This is the third time in the past six months that a petition for contempt has been brought against Owens for failing to pay child support; he has previously caught up on his payments after the contempt petitions were brought.

In a separate case, Owens failed to show up to a child support hearing in California in October.

Owens, who wants to get back into the NFL but so far has no offers, appears to be having financial problems. He recently sued an attorney for encouraging him to invest $2 million in a bingo hall, and he broke down crying on his reality show when discussing his financial situation. :loser:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/10/terrell-owens-again-accused-of-failing-to-pay-child-support/

Kinda feel sorry for the guy, but hey if you're dumb enough to blow through that much money, than hey, sucks to be you. I guess we all think that we would never blow through that much money because we are middle class, blue collar american workers, but if we were in his situation (pro athlete) we may have had the same problems. Take into account he was at the top of his game a few years back so money wasn't a problem. But with no job now, obviously there's no way he can pay for all those things he has. May need to start selling some of his properties.

Ummm ... Isn't he currently unemployed? How can he pay something if he isn't making anything?

I'm sure he get's paid something for his reality show. And he's stupid if he never saved any money from his NFL playing days; did he think he'd play forever? If he can afford to pay for 5 people to vacation in the Bahamas, I assume he can afford to pay his child support.

The NFL and other American pro sports leagues should be more proactive with regards educating their players about money management issues.

I suspect there are and have been programs in place. Maybe they're not mandatory but that's not entirely the league's fault. I have no knowledge of why TO has gone "poor," but I won't blame the NFL.

Archived