Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thanks To The ES Members Who Have Been Doing the OP's for Our Official Gameday Topic Threads

Jumbo

The last few weeks you've noted we have asked certain ES'ers to craft the OPs that lead off our official gameday discussion threads on individual units of the team as topics.

They have done a fantastic job.!!!

And we often are trying things with such folks at the "last minute" as our own schedules are usually crammed with life-plus-ES stuff. :)

These members have performed admirably with little notice, and having been given a challenging task to make an OP relevant to the week, the topic (like OL, DL, QB, etc.), and yet leave it open enough for the varied themes that come up in conversation and examination related to that unit.

This week is the same and the process is underway today. Feel free to post your comments (and hopefully appreciation to your fellows) in here and please make sure you check your PMs in case you're a member we are trying to conact! :ols:

If you are a member who has done one (or more) of these threads already, please post on your experience or just stop by to bask in your deserved ES fame and glory---you already know what the job pays. Same as we get. :D

Thanks everyone! :):helmet:

:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky

Just wanted to pop in and express my appreciation to all of you guys. It gives us the necessary separated threads, but also a more lively and interactive OP. That can only be good for discussion, and its worked great so far. Excellent job!

And thanks to the mods for taking community feedback to heart (or at least thinking along the same lines as many of us ;)) both in the creation of these game-day threads in the first place, and in their continued evolution. The added touch of having members, and usually long-time, respected members, add their own flavor to each thread was a stroke of genius! It really personalizes the game-day experience here, and continues to build on the "ES culture".

Great to be a part of this place, and this is all an example of why!

I just want to say thanks to the Mods & to the multiple members involved in creating the "new" gameday experience here on ES. It HAS been much nicer to circumnavigate thru thread titles that, not only make me laugh, but also, not seeing 13 "Rex sux" threads has been wonderful.

And, you guys are doing a fantastic job at keeping it centered around the thread topic (or at least, from what I've seen in the threads I've visited). What a difference. Great job to everyone involved.

:thumbsup: :notworthy

Also, I'd like to add that I've seen vast improvement in the "self-policing" of many members here since this idea has been launched. People seem to be more aware of themselves & what they are posting. Great job folks.

---------- Post added December-4th-2011 at 02:49 AM ----------

Question about my threads...do you all like my drive-by-drive analysis of whatever group I'm covering?

Yes. Keep it up, brother. It's great work!

If you're someone who has already done one of these "official" threads, and hasn't heard from me this week yet, or if you never have but have been wondering when we might contact you because you're just that damn good :ols: , check your PMs. :cool:

If you're someone who has already done one of these "official" threads, and hasn't heard from me this week yet, or if you never have but have been wondering when we might contact you because you're just that damn good :ols: , check your PMs. :cool:

Does that mean I didn't do a good job??? My PMs is empty, hahhaha. Did I get the week off?

Anyway thanks for the honor, I enjoyed it and it did clean up the board to the benefit of all.

Does that mean I didn't do a good job??? My PMs is empty, hahhaha. Did I get the week off?

Anyway thanks for the honor, I enjoyed it and it did clean up the board to the benefit of all.

Check again in a minute. :D

---------- Post added December-4th-2011 at 09:41 AM ----------

OK---here's a new game :cool:

There are still have openings for someone to do QBs and P/K/ST....if you're interested, and are used to being considered a soild poster (or at least have the ego to think such :pfft:) and don't have a history of rule violations :mad: :D, do the following:

Post in this thread ;)

Pick what you'd like to do (QBs or P/K/ST) :helmet:

Thank the people (posting it in this thread) who have gone before you :)

Wait for a PM from me with an "Ok" and more details :cool:

And don't be offended if you don't get it---first come first served if you meet the above criteria :ols:

Look at how all these guys n gals came through for us on ES again! I only had to cover on one topic!!! Yay!!!

---------- Post added December-4th-2011 at 11:44 AM ----------

Jumbo- work proves to be difficult to focus on today. :)

I know it's not QB or ST related, but the play calling has been excellent today IMO...so my thoughts would be, Official ES Playcalling Discussion: No Commitment Issues Here?!?

Up to and including this week, it would be in the HC/OC topic...but if things continue to go as they seem in that matter, it may get it's own thread or be split up. We'll see. :)

Jumbo, not to be the proverbial turd in the punch bowl, but I liked the suggestion someone had a few weeks back where perhaps fewer threads are created just focusing on one unit (offense, defense, STs, maybe coaching as well). There were about 11 separate threads created on various positions and as of this morning the majority of them had single-digit replies. Maybe this game was just an anomaly and maybe a lot of folks just reserved their post-game comments for the game-day thread, but it seems like a few more improvements can be made.

Archived