Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Five in a Row or We Don't Go

skinsarethebest

It's simple...

Cowboys lose their remaining 5 games.. finish 8-8.

Giants lose 3 more, and win 2 more (both against the boys)... finish 8-8.

Eagles can win all of their games if they would like, minus the last one, against us... finish 8-8.

Redskins get 5 in a row. Finish 9-7. Take the division. REX WAS RIGHT

Now we got something to cheer for

Heck, forget "Win for Whoever"... why not "Five in a Row or We Don't Go"? :)

we have 5 games left -- 2 against the Giants and Eagles -- our intradivision hatred/rivalry will lead us to victory in those

Minny at home - easily within reach

NY Jets and Pats at home - well, the Jets are a completely beatable team - this is a team that lost in the last minute to Tim Tebow a couple of weeks ago

now the Pats - well it's hard to see us winning that one, but maybe, just maybe, they'll sleep on us and we'll somehow pull out a miracle win

so if we do get to 9-7, I think we have a 50/50 shot at a wildcard - why is that? I'm assuming the Packers, 49ers, Saints and Cowboys (ugh) have pretty much locked up their division - or in the case of the Cowboys, we have to hope they do, because our wild card chances are linked to the Giants collapsing (by losing to the Boys 2x) and 2 of the following three (Bears, Lions, Falcons) fizzling out as well.... Bears have potential QB issues, but I think they're looking the best of the three NFC wild card contenders. The Lions? Is there a team with worse karma heading into the end of the season? Aside from the Suh stomping incident, which will likely lead to his suspension, these guys have to play the Packers and the Saints, as well as the Raiders. The Falcons don't have a particularly easy schedule either. And the Giants, well, if Dallas does find a way to wrest the division from them, that's a couple of losses to their loss total, coupled with the fact that we have one game with them (and one potential loss to add to theirs) PLUS the tiebreak over them

Now, do I actually think any of this is LIKELY to happen? Hell no.... But frankly, I'd rather have some reason to root for the Skins than to root against them....

The fact of the matter is that if we can somehow win out, then a wild card is really not so unrealistic. Giants.... known for their late season collapses. Lions. All their smack talk in the beginning of the season will come back to haunt them. The Falcons. An up and down team that could fade down the stretch. That would leave just the Bears and the 9-7 Skins as the NFC wild card teams...

So who's in with me?

FIVE IN A ROW OR WE DON'T GO!

You've dusted off that rally cry, have you? Uh, you realize they still have Jets and NE, right? NO FRIGGIN WAY

Reminds me of "Dumber and Dumber", when Carey is asking the girl about the chances of them 2 getting togather, and she says "more like 1 in a million", so he replies, "sooooo, you're saying there IS a chance"!

Aside of the highly unlikely scenario of this happening, IF the cards started to fold in our way, it would have the similar feeling of a few years ago, where everyone in the league was saying the most dangerous team in the league right now is the Redskins; gotta admit, it felt good hearing that...

I loved seeing the skins play angry on Sunday. I want to see them keep it up and be the Grinch over the next 5 weeks to possible playoff teams. Grossman will be back next season no matter what and the Skins will draft a 1st Round QB. There has to be someone to bridge the gap to the new guy and give competition. I believe if the skins keep playing hard good things will come during the season and the draft.

Did he really bail on Rex? The offensive line was in SHAMBLES gentlemen. Rex is not a mobile QB. He will get sacked and throw a bit wild under heavy pressure its well documented. Injuries were adding up and people were getting first starts left and right. Beck seemed like a better choice at that point because he could create more time on his feet while the line was struggling. However, he failed to make the right reads and/or be accurate enough for that to even matter. Beck made those plays in practice and in the preseason so the coaches had some confidence in him. Grossman was put back in as soon as the pass protection improved enough for Rex to get some time.

He bailed on Rex and it is as simple as that. With Beck's mobility where did that get us? The truth is if we had left Rex, we would have won atleast one if not two of the games we lost with Beck. Beck sucks, PERIOD. With that said, I hope we win out but the only game I see us not winning is the Patriots game. If we beat the Jets this weekend, then the Patriots next week then the Playoffs is on IMO.

i have us winning at philly and getting to 9-7, with giants being 8-8, dallas at 7-9, and philly at 6-10

So you have:

Washington winning Jets, Patriots, @NewYork, Vikings, and @Philly

Dallas losing to the @Cardinals, Giants (twice), @Tampa, and Philly.

New York beating Dallas (twice) but losing to the Packers, Washington, and @Jets.

Philly winning @Dallas and one of @Miami, @Seattle, and Jets. Losing to Washington.

That doesn't strike me as likely.

So you have:

Washington winning Jets, Patriots, @NewYork, Vikings, and @Philly

Dallas losing to the @Cardinals, Giants (twice), @Tampa, and Philly.

New York beating Dallas (twice) but losing to the Packers, Washington, and @Jets.

Philly winning @Dallas and one of @Miami, @Seattle, and Jets. Losing to Washington.

That doesn't strike me as likely.

nope.

Cowboys schedule

@ Cardinals L (7-5)

Vs Giants L (7-6)

@ Buccaneers L (7-7)

Vs Eagles L (7-8)

Vs Giants W (8-8)

Giants schedule

@ Saints L (obviously, lol 6-5)

Vs Packers L (6-6)

@ Cowboys W (7-6)

Vs Redskins L (7-7)

@ Jets L (7-8)

Vs Cowboys L (7-9)

Eagles schedule

@ Seahawks L (4-8)

@ Dolphins (4-9)

Vs Jets W (5-9)

@ Cowboys W (6-9)

Vs Redskins L (6-10)

Redskins schedule

Vs Jets W (5-7)

Vs Patriots W (6-7)

@ Giants W (7-7, which makes us tied with them for 2nd place but we swept them so we have the tiebreakers)

Vs Vikings W (8-7)

@ Eagles W (9-7, we win the division, and host the bears at FedEx Field in the wildcard round)

The Cowboys are going to get us. If they win two games we are done.

We can actually be just fine without a Cowboys collapse. In fact, I'm kind of counting on them to knock the Giants out of the picture by beating them twice (which would let us overtake them if we win against them in the Meadowlands).

The Bears, Lions and Falcons are the ones we ought to focus on. Unfortunately, the Bears are going to be the hardest to overtake. They have the best conference record and aren't likely to rack up enough remaining conference losses in their remaining five games for us to overtake them.

On the other hand, the Lions and Falcons could indeed stumble in just the "right" ways. Basically, we need each of them to lose at least 3 more games, with 2 of these losses being to NFC teams. We currently have 5 conferences losses, while the Falcons and Lions each have four.

The Falcons have Houston, Carolina, Jacksonville, New Orleans, and Tampa Bay coming up.

Detroit has New Orleans, Minnesota, Oakland, San Diego and Green Bay coming.

I can see the Falcons losing at Houston and New Orleans. Just gotta hope either Carolina or TB pulls an upset on them. If that happened, we'd overtake them if we win out.

Similarly, I think the Lions will lose to NO and GB. Gotta hope at least one of Minny, Oakland or San Diego beats them. Again, this scenario would allow us to win a tiebreaker with our 9-7 record.

We need only two of the Lions, Falcons or Bears to drop behind us, not all three. We overtake any of these teams if we have the same W-L record but a better conference record.

Besides, why would you want the Cowboys to lose when we can have the opportunity to send them to another first round exit in the playoffs, if we get the wildcard game against them in the wild card round? :)

Keep the faith, people!

Man, I'm loving this thread.

For anyone's recollection, have you been paying attention to Dallas' play as of late especially struggling against two supposedly mediocre teams.

Dallas is due to lose two if not three of their next five games because whoever they play, will be looking to spoil their chances at the NFC Crown since they're the big dogs on top right now.

We can actually be just fine without a Cowboys collapse. In fact, I'm kind of counting on them to knock the Giants out of the picture by beating them twice (which would let us overtake them if we win against them in the Meadowlands).

The Bears, Lions and Falcons are the ones we ought to focus on. Unfortunately, the Bears are going to be the hardest to overtake. They have the best conference record and aren't likely to rack up enough remaining conference losses in their remaining five games for us to overtake them.

On the other hand, the Lions and Falcons could indeed stumble in just the "right" ways. Basically, we need each of them to lose at least 3 more games, with 2 of these losses being to NFC teams. We currently have 5 conferences losses, while the Falcons and Lions each have four.

The Falcons have Houston, Carolina, Jacksonville, New Orleans, and Tampa Bay coming up.

Detroit has New Orleans, Minnesota, Oakland, San Diego and Green Bay coming.

I can see the Falcons losing at Houston and New Orleans. Just gotta hope either Carolina or TB pulls an upset on them. If that happened, we'd overtake them if we win out.

Similarly, I think the Lions will lose to NO and GB. Gotta hope at least one of Minny, Oakland or San Diego beats them. Again, this scenario would allow us to win a tiebreaker with our 9-7 record.

We need only two of the Lions, Falcons or Bears to drop behind us, not all three. We overtake any of these teams if we have the same W-L record but a better conference record.

Besides, why would you want the Cowboys to lose when we can have the opportunity to send them to another first round exit in the playoffs, if we get the wildcard game against them in the wild card round? :)

Keep the faith, people!

this post pretty much sums it up.. the skins have to play very well and have things go their way to get into the playoffs. its unlikely, but very possible if the skins do their part. i think we will see pretty good performances from rex over the next few weeks as he tries to back the NFC East title prediction.

Archived