Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Five in a Row or We Don't Go

skinsarethebest

Heck, forget "Win for Whoever"... why not "Five in a Row or We Don't Go"? :)

we have 5 games left -- 2 against the Giants and Eagles -- our intradivision hatred/rivalry will lead us to victory in those

Minny at home - easily within reach

NY Jets and Pats at home - well, the Jets are a completely beatable team - this is a team that lost in the last minute to Tim Tebow a couple of weeks ago

now the Pats - well it's hard to see us winning that one, but maybe, just maybe, they'll sleep on us and we'll somehow pull out a miracle win

so if we do get to 9-7, I think we have a 50/50 shot at a wildcard - why is that? I'm assuming the Packers, 49ers, Saints and Cowboys (ugh) have pretty much locked up their division - or in the case of the Cowboys, we have to hope they do, because our wild card chances are linked to the Giants collapsing (by losing to the Boys 2x) and 2 of the following three (Bears, Lions, Falcons) fizzling out as well.... Bears have potential QB issues, but I think they're looking the best of the three NFC wild card contenders. The Lions? Is there a team with worse karma heading into the end of the season? Aside from the Suh stomping incident, which will likely lead to his suspension, these guys have to play the Packers and the Saints, as well as the Raiders. The Falcons don't have a particularly easy schedule either. And the Giants, well, if Dallas does find a way to wrest the division from them, that's a couple of losses to their loss total, coupled with the fact that we have one game with them (and one potential loss to add to theirs) PLUS the tiebreak over them

Now, do I actually think any of this is LIKELY to happen? Hell no.... But frankly, I'd rather have some reason to root for the Skins than to root against them....

The fact of the matter is that if we can somehow win out, then a wild card is really not so unrealistic. Giants.... known for their late season collapses. Lions. All their smack talk in the beginning of the season will come back to haunt them. The Falcons. An up and down team that could fade down the stretch. That would leave just the Bears and the 9-7 Skins as the NFC wild card teams...

So who's in with me?

FIVE IN A ROW OR WE DON'T GO!

It will never happen even if we did go 5-0. We would be 9-7 and miss the playoffs because we would have multiple teams in front of us.

see that's the critical point here... I personally think 9-7 will not be realistic, not for this team, with all its problems. But if HYPOTHETICALLY it were to happen (and again, we have 3 games at home, 2 away (at hated rivals)), I think the chances of at least 2 of the 3 teams standing in our way (Falcons, Bears, Lions) faltering is NOT unrealistic. I also looked at conference records - the Bears have 3 conference losses, while the Falcons and Lions have 4 each ... and if the Falcons/Lions were each to pick up two more conference losses, then they would lose their tiebreaker should we all end up at 9-7, since if we do indeed win out that would automatically mean we have a 7-5 conference record (better than a 6-6 record)

If our offense keeps gelling like this we will at least win 2 more games, and that is if the Defense is in full implosion mode. This offense is starting to put yards up but has yet to really translate that to points. The redzone opportunities were there against Seattle and against Dallas to a lesser extent. Convert more of those to points instead of getting undiciplined penalties and failing to move the ball in the Redzone. I dont like to play the what-if game, but the Seattle game could have been put away early. We kept them in the game and they were able to keep running with Lynch.

Give me a more disciplined version of this offense against a worse defense in New England and I can see it being competitive that game.

I don't even understand why you'd want to.

I guess people are happy with 6-10. 10-6. 5-11. 9-7. 8-8. 4-12. 6-10. ?9-7?

Not me. Sick of it. I want winning, winning and more winning.

It's not a matter of being "happy" with it-- it's a matter of realizing that 9-7 is mathematically the best record we can hope to achieve this season. I think we'd all prefer to go 16-0 this year, but that ship has sailed.

- Man, only if Shanny hadnt bailed on Rexy so quickly....we might really be in this...

Did he really bail on Rex? The offensive line was in SHAMBLES gentlemen. Rex is not a mobile QB. He will get sacked and throw a bit wild under heavy pressure its well documented. Injuries were adding up and people were getting first starts left and right. Beck seemed like a better choice at that point because he could create more time on his feet while the line was struggling. However, he failed to make the right reads and/or be accurate enough for that to even matter. Beck made those plays in practice and in the preseason so the coaches had some confidence in him. Grossman was put back in as soon as the pass protection improved enough for Rex to get some time.

Heck, forget "Win for Whoever"... why not "Five in a Row or We Don't Go"? :)

we have 5 games left -- 2 against the Giants and Eagles -- our intradivision hatred/rivalry will lead us to victory in those

Minny at home - easily within reach

NY Jets and Pats at home - well, the Jets are a completely beatable team - this is a team that lost in the last minute to Tim Tebow a couple of weeks ago

now the Pats - well it's hard to see us winning that one, but maybe, just maybe, they'll sleep on us and we'll somehow pull out a miracle win

so if we do get to 9-7, I think we have a 50/50 shot at a wildcard - why is that? I'm assuming the Packers, 49ers, Saints and Cowboys (ugh) have pretty much locked up their division - or in the case of the Cowboys, we have to hope they do, because our wild card chances are linked to the Giants collapsing (by losing to the Boys 2x) and 2 of the following three (Bears, Lions, Falcons) fizzling out as well.... Bears have potential QB issues, but I think they're looking the best of the three NFC wild card contenders. The Lions? Is there a team with worse karma heading into the end of the season? Aside from the Suh stomping incident, which will likely lead to his suspension, these guys have to play the Packers and the Saints, as well as the Raiders. The Falcons don't have a particularly easy schedule either. And the Giants, well, if Dallas does find a way to wrest the division from them, that's a couple of losses to their loss total, coupled with the fact that we have one game with them (and one potential loss to add to theirs) PLUS the tiebreak over them

Now, do I actually think any of this is LIKELY to happen? Hell no.... But frankly, I'd rather have some reason to root for the Skins than to root against them....

The fact of the matter is that if we can somehow win out, then a wild card is really not so unrealistic. Giants.... known for their late season collapses. Lions. All their smack talk in the beginning of the season will come back to haunt them. The Falcons. An up and down team that could fade down the stretch. That would leave just the Bears and the 9-7 Skins as the NFC wild card teams...

So who's in with me?

FIVE IN A ROW OR WE DON'T GO!

gotta love a believer,, i live in realityville tho, and the truth be known we are more likely to lose the last 5 than ever have a chance of winning the last 5..minnesota is the only team that we have a chance of beating, and the jets are a team that depends on which one they bring to play, if they play good we lose, also we lose to the giants and eagles, and new england..happy hunting, keep the faith, and all that good stuff

Archived