Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Snyder the problem?

Vesuve

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

My post count is low, but I'm a devoted Skins follower and have been for 30 years.

I did a search and found a lot of Snyder threads. Most are very old, and the most recent Snyder thread was in 2009.

Yes, the Skins are the highest grossing team (or one of them)

But since Snyder has bought the team (and made many decisions) since 1999, the Skins have been mediocre.

Mediocre is the word to use. Not only mediocre for wins and losses for 13 seasons, but what? 7 different head coaches, and an average quarterback controversy every other year.

Oh yeah, "no signs."

Of course there are no alternatives. This thread is not about that. But how much responsibility goes to Snyder for the sub-par performance, year after year?

Over to you.....

There are things I don't like about DS. From a purely owner perspective right now, I have no complaints. He's letting the football guys do what they think is best and is still willing to spend.

Tis true. I have no problems with what he is doing now. Make no mistake, it is his fault that we're in the shape we are right now. Pretty much everything bad that has happened since he took over falls on his shoulders.

Blame train goes in order:

Owner

Head Coach

QB

Having said that, many would kill for an owner like Snyder right now. Like was pointed, he's stayed back this year and let his football people do his thing while giving them as much money as they need. But the obvious lack of depth and talent on this team forcing Shallen to have to blow up this team and rebuild in the first place, ya, that's Danny's fault.

Still love him though. :)

I think the argument of how big a deal the "no signs" fiasco and suing poor little old ladies(who have CLUB seats!) is different than the so called "football" operations decisions.

---------- Post added November-26th-2011 at 09:17 AM ----------

Tis true. I have no problems with what he is doing now. Make no mistake, it is his fault that we're in the shape we are right now. Pretty much everything bad that has happened since he took over falls on his shoulders.

Do you blame him for Brunell? TJ Ducket? McNabb? Jason Taylor?

I believe Snyder turned an important corner with the hiring of Allen. We don't see much of Snyder these days and he is letting Allen & Shanny rebuild this team.

Snyder has his faults, but he truly wants to win and I believe he finally realized his approach to reaching the ultimate goal was flawed. I think we are on the right path.

I do believe Daniel Snyder wants the Redskins to win and that he wants them to remain under the Redskin team name. Those two things are beyond question. However, he has mismanaged this operation grossly in terms of satisfying his client base (the fans) for so long that I don't think he has what it takes to provide a winning environment in Washington DC.

I'm grateful that he has stepped away from handling the football operation but I am very skeptical that we'll ever be a consistent winning program under his ownership and perhaps never even win the NFC East. I am essentially positive we'll never win the Super Bowl under Snyder. No way. He simply doesn't have "it." :(

I think the argument of how big a deal the "no signs" fiasco and suing poor little old ladies(who have CLUB seats!) is different than the so called "football" operations decisions.

The suing by DS, while there was a waiting list for tickets was a PR blunder. And a blunder as not only an owner, but a person.

[

The suing by DS, while there was a waiting list for tickets was a PR blunder. And a blunder as not only an owner, but a person.

[

There is a difference between Club Seats and "regular" seats. The "waiting list"(if there is one) never included Club Seats. It is an important distinction that people just don't want to make. Whether they should have sued the lady with the Club Seats or not is a discussion that is legitimate but does not include the notion of a "waiting list"

years ago I really blamed DS for the failures and short comings of this franchise, never more then when he fired Marty and replaced him with the Ole Ball Coach.....but the last several seasons I have really begun to accept the fact that this franchise for many yrs has been run into the ground by the FO "Powers that Be" with shady draft picks, trading away draft picks and buying FA (much of DS own doings granted) but I see the last several seasons (2yrs LOL) that it seems as if he's letting Bruce Allen and more so Shanahan to makes the football decisions....and I like that, imho that's the way it should be.

And face it, even after some of his choices (DS) can you really think that we wouldn't have made those moves as well trying to win?

His decisions in the past are the reason we're in the mess we're in right now, he has been part of the problem- never the entire problem, much in the sense that a dictator of a country isn't the entire problem when he orders dissidents to be killed. The people who carry out the execution orders are part of the problem as well. At this point looking at the Redskins for this season and last season Dan Snyder isn't part of the problem. From what I can tell he has stepped far away from personnel decisions and roster planning. I feel like the problem that we have right now is inheritance from his past, but right now is he doing anything to continue those problems and hinder the potential of our GM and Head Coach? Not that I know of, there is no evidence of that and I don't think Dan Snyder is a problem anymore.

My thing is that if/when our current FO fails to deliver within the next couple seasons, and Snyder chooses to wipe the slate clean once again, it's going to fall on him not being able to locate good enough staff to lead the team into the post season. The current staff will just be another group of coaches and GMs whom have failed in DC, and the list will continue to go on.

From a business perspective, if an owner fails to find a "president" figure to manage and lead the operations of the business, it falls on the owner not being able to find someone competent enough. In this case, Snyder is more than just a sponsor for players salary, but he has to have the ability to find people who know what they're doing. Up to this point, I haven't seen that, even with our current staff of prestigious "winners"

Right now Snyder should be in his best position yet as owner of this team. It appears that he's finally taken a hands off approach by allowing football minds to build this team. Aside from the lawsuit this year, it's been a wonderful 24 months without the normal god awful personel decisions thay have plagued this team for a decade. The true test will be if he can weather another losing season after this one. We are drifting in the right direction, I only hope he can see that.

You didn't try hard enough. There have been a number since 2009, and one relatively recent active one that is about 9 months old (which in fairness is still awhile ago and was more focused on a specific matter). But that's still a fail on your part, second to the fact that your OP could easily have been constructed to make it relevant as a new thread. You really fail on there by merely repeating the simplest theme possible that has been done a zillion times and could have been a single comment in many past threads on several topics (including some discussion threads just this last two weeks where this very thought is re-hashed again).

Buy maybe you'll inspire someone to do this the right way. :)

BTW, since you say in your OP you've been a 'skins fan for 30 years, you may want to adjust your registration info where you say you've been following the 'skins for 8 years. :)

Archived