Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Invade Pittsburgh 2012 - Oct. 28th

HTTR F Dallas

Pittsburgh is a great town on game weekends. I was treated well both times I saw Skins games up there in the 2000s. There is unbelievable passion from those fans. You can walk to the stadium from many of the hotels, bars, and restaurants downtown. Not to mention there's great tailgating all around the stadium. Second best gameday experience in the league after Green Bay from what I've been fortunate to have experienced.

I encourage any Redskins fan who ever wanted to do a road trip to hit this one up bc its close. Buy some tickets, but be ready to pay a price bc they're a lot more expensive than Skins tix. A Steelers gameday is a better quality product.

I think it would be smart of Mr. Dan Snyder to get on board with this idea.]

That sounds like a bad idea. It would blow up in his face. Let the fans handle this.

I love the idea of Redskins fans traveling to Pittsburgh en masse. It's not a bad drive and you can get a good hotel at a decent price downtown and within close proximity to the stadium. I stayed at the Renaissance Hotel a few years ago, which is next to the 6th Street bridge (Roberto Clemente Bridge) and opposite PNC Park. We scalped lower level seats to a Pirates game on the bridge for under face. Found some cheap, fun, corner bars.

There might not be the glut of tickets available for Steelers games that there would be for many other teams, but if you want to go you should have no problem scooping up tickets on stubhub, ebay, or on other online sites.

Would be fun if Skins fans could pick an ES bar downtown to invade Saturday night. Start the invasion a day early!

Would be fun if Skins fans could pick an ES bar downtown to invade Saturday night. Start the invasion a day early!

We've had some awesome ES bar gatherings on the Sat nights in road cities. Usually in places like Pitt, Seattle, where you have a downtown stadium in a central location where its easy for everyone to meet.

We've had some awesome ES bar gatherings on the Sat nights in road cities. Usually in places like Pitt, Seattle, where you have a downtown stadium in a central location where its easy for everyone to meet.

I would imagine most Skins fans would stay in the downtown area, since there are lots of hotels around and it's within walking distance (sort of) to the stadium. This sounds like a lot of fun. I have only seen the Redskins away in Giants stadium, The Vet, and in Baltimore.

I would imagine most Skins fans would stay in the downtown area, since there are lots of hotels around and it's within walking distance (sort of) to the stadium. This sounds like a lot of fun. I have only seen the Redskins away in Giants stadium, The Vet, and in Baltimore.

I suspect we'll have a good turn out by Skins standards as long as the game is not in primtime or Xmas eve. I'm pretty likely to go if its a Sunday afternoon game.

Pittsburgh invades other NFL cities.

You don't invade Pittsburgh. Can't imagine too many tix being available.

thinking the same thing....a few seasons ago when we played up there (Gibbs 2) 1st season back there were like 100 Skins fans there...this franchise and fan base is not like alot of other teams fans...very rare you see many fans of the other team they are playing that day in their Stadium. Season Ticket holder don't sell much and the only way is Brokers and you will spend top $$$$ over face for a ticket

The whole Steeler nation traveling and invading stadiums is nonsense! There are steeler fans in every city in the country. They are not traveling anywhere unless you consider hopping on the beltway to be "traveling". They make it sound like the whole city of pittsburgh is hopping in their cars and following the steelers around...rediculous.

They have a perfect size stadium for their market.

And it's a pretty cool stadium in an awesome setting. I went to a Michigan State/Pitt game there a couple years ago. Stayed at Station Square across the river. You can take a boat from there right to the stadium. Pittsburgh is actually a pretty decent town to visit. Lots of cheap beer in walkable neighborhods. And not a steel mill in sight - that's so 40 years ago,

Steelers fans, also, are worse then Cowboys fans... they are the biggest 'bandwagon' fan base I've ever seen. Look at how many Super Bowls they have won, they are as bad as Yankee fans. People all of the sudden choose to be Steelers fans, most weren't born in to it, sadly

Yeahhhhh you definitely don't know what you're talking about. Steelers fans are some of the most loyal fans in the NFL. There may be people who "jumped on" after their recent super bowl wins and appearances, but by and large Steelers fans are there through thick and thin. Cowboys fans are always clinging to ledge ready to jump at any point in the season and ready to hop back on as soon as they show life.

I'm sure there's a large contingent of national bandwagon fans. But when I lived in that city, I could have brought someone from Mongolia to the South Side on the day after a Steeler loss and that person would immediately be able to recognize that something was wrong. The entire mood of that place is based on the Steelers' record.

I was born in 84, became a Redskins fan in 89, cried every single time they loss til I was about 9 or 10. Got my tattoo on my forearm when I was 22. I live in Altoona Pa, 1.5 hrs from Pittsburgh. I despise Steeler fans, with a passion. Anyways, 27 years old and 22 of those years I have been the biggest Redskins fan in the world. However I have never been to a game. THIS will be my first game, that I promise. My god son/nephew is now 15, and I basically raised him because my sister was a POS. Hes almost a big of a Redskins fan as I am, and I just called and told him were going to this game. I really hope that somehow a lot of Skins fans can come to this game to pay back the hick fans that the Steeler fans are. If you live in western Pa, you will know what Im talking about. Steeler fans are all fat, ugly, smelly, bald, and just stupid. None of them know how to actually talk football. If you get into a conversation about football with one of them, all they say is "YEAH STEELERS, WE RULE, BIG BEN WOOOHOOOO WE ARE AWESOME U GUYS SUX" Its so annoying, Ive even got into a few fist fights with them because they have no manners at a bar, which by the way, they cant fight. Anyways, Im in, I really hope a lot of Skins fans can make this game, that 2008 game was so embarrassing seeing all those hicks invade Fed Ex.

---------- Post added November-23rd-2011 at 07:39 PM ----------

Yeahhhhh you definitely don't know what you're talking about. Steelers fans are some of the most loyal fans in the NFL. There may be people who "jumped on" after their recent super bowl wins and appearances, but by and large Steelers fans are there through thick and thin. Cowboys fans are always clinging to ledge ready to jump at any point in the season and ready to hop back on as soon as they show life.

Actually, Steeler fans are huge wagon jumpers. Before the 15-1, rookie season of Big Ben, they were all in hiding, then they started showing their heads, not even able to name 6 players on their team. The next year they win the super bowl and these so called fans start wearing jerseys etc; I PROMISE you, the Steeler fans around here in PA are definitely NOT true fans. I wear a Skins Jersey to work every Friday and Monday, win or lose. All the Steeler fans at work only wear their jersey if they win. They are anything but loyal, at least around here.

Hah, I'm sorry but I'm not wasting my money (since I don't have much anyway) traveling to watch this team get beatdown! =p

I understand what you're saying tho.. it is annoying. Next to Dallas fans, Steeler fans are some of the most annoying I know. I'm not saying ALL their fans are mouthy little yaps, but, the ones I happen to know are. I actively root against the NFC east teams (other than the Skins) and the Steelers...and after this year...the freakin Lions. So if you guys wanna invade their stadium for some kind of moral victory...then go for it! I'll cheer for you guys =p

I'm down... My dad's family is in Pittsburgh. I lived there for 5 years, just hope it's an early season game, because I want to catch a Pirates homestand while I'm up there.

I went to the Miami/Pittsburgh MNF game the day Sean died, absolutely horrible game and a horrible next 6 hours afterwards.

Doubt you will be able to take over Heinz field, completely different situation then the Winter Classic, in which tickets were sold to Caps fans. Plus who wants to go to Pittsburgh and watch the Skins get humiliated by the Steelers in person, I would much rather watch us get beat down in the privacy of my own man cave.

I went to the game against the Steelers at Fed Ex, it was sickening, the absolute worst experience I had at a Redskins game in my life even worse then traveling to Philly and the old Vet, at least I expected to get hazed there. In fact that game is one of the reason I decided to give up my season tickets.

Plus who wants to go to Pittsburgh and watch the Skins get humiliated by the Steelers in person,

People who enjoy the experience of being around other Redskins fans in a visiting city...

Try it sometime... It's amazing... I almost never want to go back to Fedex because of the fun I have in opposing cities.

Archived