Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Invade Pittsburgh 2012 - Oct. 28th

HTTR F Dallas

I can't wait to see the "invasion". It's going to be hilarious when the skins show up with maybe 1000 fans.

Oh, great. A Steelers fan living in Eastern North Carolina. Boy, you sure are a pleasant and rare bunch. I sure as hell don't get sick of seeing that around here.

Good luck with your "invasion."

Unlike Skins fans, Steelers fans won't sell their tickets en masse. You'll be lucky to have 500 Redskins fans in Heinz. Heck, I'm not sure that there are 500 Redskins fans in total. The Skins fanbase is vanishingly small even in its own turf. They closed the Fair Oaks Redskins store in Fairfax(a mere 15 miles from D.C.) due to lack of business :ols:.

I've seen plenty of comments denigrating the Pittsburgh area. This is surprising, considering that, with the exception of Georgetown and Eastern Market, D.C. is a terrible place to live. D.C. area dumps like Anacostia make the worst parts of Pittsburgh look like heaven. True, many people (myself included) have moved to the D.C. area for work. D.C. is recession proof thanks to the federal teat.

The sad fact is that the Redskins are probably the fourth most popular team in their own home turf (behind the Steelers, Ravens, and Cowboys). You'll be lucky to invade Fed Ex, let alone Heinz. You better pray to god that RG3 is everything he's being out to be, or you're going to be irrelevant for another 15 years.

Got my hookup. Will be there with 4 others

---------- Post added April-17th-2012 at 10:12 PM ----------

The sad fact is that the Redskins are probably the fourth most popular team in their own home turf (behind the Steelers, Ravens, and Cowboys). You'll be lucky to invade Fed Ex, let alone Heinz. You better pray to god that RG3 is everything he's being out to be, or you're going to be irrelevant for another 15 years.

Talk about complete Cindy Crosby whining here

Go back to the "steel city" and start some industry there besides ****ty Pharma. If you hate this place so much, leave

Seriously, talk about insecurtiy. Coming to a Redskins message board in the first place. We aren't even a rival

Actually, Steeler fans are huge wagon jumpers. Before the 15-1, rookie season of Big Ben, they were all in hiding, then they started showing their heads, not even able to name 6 players on their team. The next year they win the super bowl and these so called fans start wearing jerseys etc; I PROMISE you, the Steeler fans around here in PA are definitely NOT true fans. I wear a Skins Jersey to work every Friday and Monday, win or lose. All the Steeler fans at work only wear their jersey if they win. They are anything but loyal, at least around here.

You're delusional. I guess it makes you feel better to blatantly make things up. So the Steelers fans abandoned the team in 2003, even though they had been to the divisional round of the playoffs in 2002 and in the AFC Championship game in 2001? Right. The Steelers fans didn't abandon the team in the 80s. They certainly didn't abandon the team after one down year in 2003. You sound like one of those obnoxious anti-homers who hates the home team just to stir up trouble and who has a giant chip on his shoulder as a result.

Steelers fans in the D.C. area with roots in the Pittsburgh are Steeler fans by heritage. Redskins fans in the Pittsburgh area are inexplicable (unless they have roots in the D.C. area).

I don't have a problem with the Redskins or their fans (other than their blatantly racist name and mascot) in general, but I'm genuinely amused by the tough anti-Pittsburgh talk in the thread. It smacks of jealousy.

I don't have a problem with the Redskins or their fans (other than their blatantly racist name and mascot) in general, but I'm genuinely amused by the tough anti-Pittsburgh talk in the thread. It smacks of jealousy.

Its Pittsburgh in general

What was attendance at Penguins games between the Jagr trade and the Crosby gift? The Penguins were nearly moved until Bettman gifted Pittsburgh with Crosby

How about the Pirates? Yea, they pack the house every night. Funny that there are very few Pirates fans at Nats-Pirates games in DC

Bandwagon empty city for a so called great sports city

Unlike Skins fans, Steelers fans won't sell their tickets en masse. You'll be lucky to have 500 Redskins fans in Heinz. Heck, I'm not sure that there are 500 Redskins fans in total. The Skins fanbase is vanishingly small even in its own turf. They closed the Fair Oaks Redskins store in Fairfax(a mere 15 miles from D.C.) due to lack of business :ols:.

I've seen plenty of comments denigrating the Pittsburgh area. This is surprising, considering that, with the exception of Georgetown and Eastern Market, D.C. is a terrible place to live. D.C. area dumps like Anacostia make the worst parts of Pittsburgh look like heaven. True, many people (myself included) have moved to the D.C. area for work. D.C. is recession proof thanks to the federal teat.

Self-loathing. Adorable. Let me get this straight. You are offended because the people in the town that is by your own admission "recession proof" is pointing out that Pitt is . .. . well a Pitt? Your upset because we pointed out that your city could win a dozen lombardis and you'd still be the blight of the east coast? You understand that your football team is so popular because you can get as wasted as you want on Sunday and nobody has to worry about being at work on Monday right?

In fact, you live in the recession proof DMV instead of the Pitt because YOU need to come here to find a job?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! And you came into a Skins board to troll? You are hysterical dude.

Here let me spell it out for you again chief - You shouldn't be offended by people here pointing out that pittsburgh is dying- after all YOU left that hole in the ground to come to a town that can sustain itself (and you as well apparently). In other words YOU prove that Pitt is a hole in the ground and anyone who would like to support themselves or their family need to get out of there to a real town. Now shut up and go play on a Steelers board before we send you back to the "steel city" which I think is actually now somewhere in China.

And before you start taking shots at a town that is supported by the United States of America, try not to forget that if you guys didn't sell enough ketchup you'd not only have to sell your football tickets, you'd have to sell your homes too. Enjoy our town, enjoy the job our town gives you, enjoy the living our town provides for your family (the one you had to leave the pitt for) and just try saying thank you.

Got my hookup. Will be there with 4 others

---------- Post added April-17th-2012 at 10:12 PM ----------

Talk about complete Cindy Crosby whining here

Go back to the "steel city" and start some industry there besides ****ty Pharma. If you hate this place so much, leave

Seriously, talk about insecurtiy. Coming to a Redskins message board in the first place. We aren't even a rival

What, leave here and miss out on the great ambiance of Northern Virginia (i.e. one giant, generic strip mall)? Our tax money is already here, so we might as well come and line up at the trough with you native Virginians.

You're right about the not being a rival part, though. That's what makes the invasion talk so funny. Why not invade Philly? It's closer that Pittsburgh. I guess traveling to watch your team lose hurts less when the team that beats you isn't in your division.

Ya know, it's funny, but I've been to PITtsburgh a couple times & I see less Steelers stuff there than anywhere. Actually, the last time I was there was 2009 & I actually had some work in the Mellon building, right over the Mellon Arena as they were still building it. What I thought was funny was how much Redskins stuff I did see inside PITtsburgh. Hats, bumper stickers...even a jersey worn by someone walking in broad daylight down the street.

As high on your fellow fans as you may be, most Steelers fans are no better than Cowboys fans that jump on the bandwagon when the team is winning & will soon be on the move to the next team that grabs the medias attention. Had Green Bay made their way to another SB win, I truly believe a lot of what we see as Steelers fans today would be donning the green & gold, not black & gold.

And PITtsburgh is a DUMP. It looks like a 3rd World country vomitted on the side of the mountain & BLAMO! PITtsburgh was born. So, while you criticize DC for how it is, you live there. You removed yourself from your precious PITtsburgh to find work. You think your fellow fans wouldn't sell their tickets to a sporting event to feed their families against a team they most likely believe they dominate? Meh, you may be right. But what if you're not. It would be hilarious to see the Katchup bottle being overrun with burgungy & gold jerseys, win or lose, & hearing "Hail to the Redskins" being sung throughout the stands.

You're delusional. I guess it makes you feel better to blatantly make things up. So the Steelers fans abandoned the team in 2003, even though they had been to the divisional round of the playoffs in 2002 and in the AFC Championship game in 2001? Right. The Steelers fans didn't abandon the team in the 80s. They certainly didn't abandon the team after one down year in 2003. You sound like one of those obnoxious anti-homers who hates the home team just to stir up trouble and who has a giant chip on his shoulder as a result.

Steelers fans in the D.C. area with roots in the Pittsburgh are Steeler fans by heritage. Redskins fans in the Pittsburgh area are inexplicable (unless they have roots in the D.C. area).

You've been on our board for 8 years! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! You have been putting up 2 posts a year since you turned 21??!!! You are hysterical dude. You couldn't be more pathetic if you tried.

Yawn... We travel well... And here's the thing... While there's more casual fans that will sell their tickets at FedEx, you can't say that it's ANY indication on how we travel.

a1263d15eb1a20d8e7dfa763b1f983ce.jpg

^ That's further away from DC than Pittsburgh is... (Just sayin)

Reading material:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/10/24/2719898/protect-this-home-field.html

Carolina Panthers want a more at-home feeling

Panthers hope to see fewer visiting fans and more of their own in the stands.

Its Pittsburgh in general

What was attendance at Penguins games between the Jagr trade and the Crosby gift? The Penguins were nearly moved until Bettman gifted Pittsburgh with Crosby

How about the Pirates? Yea, they pack the house every night. Funny that there are very few Pirates fans at Nats-Pirates games in DC

Bandwagon empty city for a so called great sports city

There are very few Nats fans at the Pirates-Nats games either. What's next, are you going to tell me how great the Wizards are?

Self-loathing. Adorable. Let me get this straight. You are offended because the people in the town that is by your own admission "recession proof" is pointing out that Pitt is . .. . well a Pitt? Your upset because we pointed out that your city could win a dozen lombardis and you'd still be the blight of the east coast? You understand that your football team is so popular because you can get as wasted as you want on Sunday and nobody has to worry about being at work on Monday right?

In fact, you live in the recession proof DMV instead of the Pitt because YOU need to come here to find a job?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! And you came into a Skins board to troll? You are hysterical dude.

Here let me spell it out for you again chief - You shouldn't be offended by people here pointing out that pittsburgh is dying- after all YOU left that hole in the ground to come to a town that can sustain itself (and you as well apparently). In other words YOU prove that Pitt is a hole in the ground and anyone who would like to support themselves or their family need to get out of there to a real town. Now shut up and go play on a Steelers board before we send you back to the "steel city" which I think is actually now somewhere in China.

And before you start taking shots at a town that is supported by the United States of America, try not to forget that if you guys didn't sell enough ketchup you'd not only have to sell your football tickets, you'd have to sell your homes too. Enjoy our town, enjoy the job our town gives you, enjoy the living our town provides for your family (the one you had to leave the pitt for) and just try saying thank you.

:ols: Steel Cross...just stop. Dude, just stop. :ols: :ols: :ols:

I notice that Brotherz and Dallsux don't even try to defend D.C. itself. The D.C. area in general is unpleasant. D.C. is a nightmare, Northern Virginia and Southern MD are bland suburban bedroom community non-entities. Most people live here for necessity, nothing more. That's why you see so many fans of so many other teams. People don't want to give up their roots for the nothingness of D.C., a nothingness that Dan Snyder perfectly personifies.

I have a unique perspective: my wife is from Pittsburgh and is a Steeler's fan. I am a lifelong Skin's fan. The people in Pittsburgh support the Steelers. They are successful that means they have bandwagon fans, just like the Skin's used to have. I wouldn't be suprised if most of the Steeler fans in between the two cities used to be Skin's fans, then Raider fans, then Patriots fans... I would be shocked if there would be seats available at Heinz Field. It has been stated already, Pittsburgh does not have a big corporate community. That means no (or very limited) corporate tickets. That also means people who own Steeler's tickets want to go and support their team. On a side note; It is a shame that there are not many jobs for young people in Pittsburgh, because it is a nice, clean city.

Yawn... We travel well... And here's the thing... While there's more casual fans that will sell their tickets at FedEx, you can't say that it's ANY indication on how we travel.

[urlhttp://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/a1/26/a1263d15eb1a20d8e7dfa763b1f983ce.jpg[/url]

^ That's further away from DC than Pittsburgh is... (Just sayin)

Reading material:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/10/24/2719898/protect-this-home-field.html

Let's not forget how well we travelled to Canton for the induction of Darrell Green & Art Monk. It was a record showing of 1 teams fans for an inductee. PITtsburgh is only 5 hours from DC. Canton is like 10-12.

I notice that Brotherz and Dallsux don't even try to defend D.C. itself. The D.C. area in general is unpleasant. D.C. is a nightmare, Northern Virginia and Southern MD are bland suburban bedroom community non-entities. Most people live here for necessity, nothing more. That's why you see so many fans of so many other teams. People don't want to give up their roots for the nothingness of D.C., a nothingness that Dan Snyder perfectly personifies.

:ols:

And yet, you moved TO the area. Hmmm....

Bahahahaha You should just stop. Your ignorance is showing. :ols: :steelersu

Archived