Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shocking Stat About Orakpo

KingGibbs

Yay!! Brian Orakpo got a gimme sack in garbage time!!!!

Most sacks do come when the offense is in obvious passing downs. How do you think Dwight Freeney, Mathis, other greats get their sacks?

Answer: when they are leading and the offense is passing - pretty simple.

Also, how do you think Kerrigan gets some of his sacks? The help of Orakpo, when one is double teamed the other is left one on one. Teams haven't doubled up Kerrigan much BECAUSE of Orakpo

Only reason Orakpo got his sack was because of Kerrigan

Only reason Kerrigan got his sack was because Orakpo was being held the previous play. You going to discount that sack too?

Or until Orakpo's contract is up. And then the Redskins are going to be like, do we really want to pay a ton of money to a guy who gets less than ten sacks a year?

He's in his third year. He had 11 his first year. You're going to hate no matter what he does. If he had gotten that sack in the first quarter and we lost, you would have written it off as "yeah, well, we didn't win, so it didn't help."

Hate =/= realistic

Exactly. So stop hating, and look at it realistically.

Rak is simply not the dominate pass rusher everyone on this board wants him to be. He's quite replaceable.

With who? Rob Jokeson? Lorenzo Alexander? Who can replace him?

Or just continue to find value in the draft.

Pass rushing 3-4 OLBs are really not that hard to find.

??? I don't get it. So, we have a good pass rushing defensive end whom we drafted "Brian Orakpo", but you are saying we should get rid of him and continue to look for another one in the draft? Teams draft players hoping they pan out into quality NFL players. Not all do. Those few successful ones, the team holds on to, not cut their successful draft picks every couple of years so they can play the game of chance hoping to find another one. :silly:

---------- Post added December-19th-2011 at 05:59 PM ----------

Or just continue to find value in the draft.

Pass rushing 3-4 OLBs are really not that hard to find.

??? I don't get it. So, we have a good pass rushing defensive end whom we drafted "Brian Orakpo", but you are saying we should get rid of him and continue to look for another one in the draft? Teams draft players hoping they pan out into quality NFL players. Not all do. Those few successful ones, the team holds on to, not cut their successful draft picks every couple of years so they can play the game of chance hoping to find another one. :silly:

Don't see a reason or agenda for you hating on Orakpo. No need at all. The whole DLine depends on and feeds off of each other so who cares if Orakpo got a sack because of Kerrigan? You think Demarcus Ware could get a sack if he was playing on his Dline alone taking on 5 blockers at once?

Orakpo 11 sacks his rookie year, 8.5 sacks in 2010, currently has 7 and may have more at seasons end,on his way to yet another pro bowl, hard worker, great work ethic, fan friendly, good for the locker room and team player. Guy gets a sack yet you bash him and say his work is "meaningless"? What a great fan you are guy :silly:

Where did I say get rid of him? In two years if he doesn't improve past his current level, I'm saying let him walk. He isn't worth the big pay day.

Sorry I don't.agree with the assessment that he is anymore than a good pass rusher. I think the fact that he's on his way to another pro bowl despite the fact that there are at least five OLBs who gave out played him just shows that the Pro Bowl is nothing more than a popularity contest.

When I see new guys like Jason Pierre Paul wrecking havoc constantly, I'm like damn I wish Orakpo was doing that.

This is kind of what I'm getting at. I expected Orakpo to be like JPP or Demarcus Ware. Getting in the backfield and bringing havoc and pain. And he really hasn't been that way. He's been ... Average.

When I see new guys like Jason Pierre Paul wrecking havoc constantly, I'm like damn I wish Orakpo was doing that.

This is kind of what I'm getting at. I expected Orakpo to be like JPP or Demarcus Ware. Getting in the backfield and bringing havoc and pain. And he really hasn't been that way. He's been ... Average.

Statemen your oppinion of finding good pass rushing 3-4 linebackers is easy, is so far off base. Otherwise we wouldn't have spent a first rd pick on one twice. I mean come on give rak some credit when he deserves it. It's also hard to get sacks with Bowen on the same side stealing a good bit of them cuz they are sending te and lb help at rak.

Statemen your oppinion of finding good pass rushing 3-4 linebackers is easy, is so far off base. Otherwise we wouldn't have spent a first rd pick on one twice. I mean come on give rak some credit when he deserves it. It's also hard to get sacks with Bowen on the same side stealing a good bit of them cuz they are sending te and rb help at rak.

---------- Post added December-19th-2011 at 01:20 PM ----------

oh come on man. He was the only person doing anything against their porus D-line yesterday.

Your talking about two very different positions. How many times do we have to discuss this de is not same as olb, they are asked to be comfortable in coverage as well. When you can focus all your attention each play at rushing the passer you can get better. Don't forget rak had 11 sacks as an end As a rookie

Again, Pierre Paul Plays on a dominant defensive line. Justin Tuck and Chris Canty ring a bell?

Ware also has all pro nose tackle Jay Ratliff on his line.

What other dominant lineman has Orakpo had? Kedrick Golston? Keomateau? Barry Coefield? lol

Fans are always looking to discredit their own players while drooling over players on other teams when in reality, those players look good because of the SYSTEM that they are playing in and who they have around them.

Statemen your oppinion of finding good pass rushing 3-4 linebackers is easy, is so far off base. Otherwise we wouldn't have spent a first rd pick on one twice. I mean come on give rak some credit when he deserves it. It's also hard to get sacks with Bowen on the same side stealing a good bit of them cuz they are sending te and lb help at rak.

Stealing? Maybe Orakpo should get there first ....

And the Chargers, Texans, Dolphins and Steelers don't seem to need to spend two first rounders to get production out of their OLBs ....

And why are we all excited that Orakpo got a sack against an NFC E opponent? Especially since he was matched up against a guard all day ....

---------- Post added December-19th-2011 at 01:24 PM ----------

Again, Pierre Paul Plays on a dominant defensive line. Justin Tuck and Chris Canty ring a bell?

Ware also has all pro nose tackle Jay Ratliff on his line.

What other dominant lineman has Orakpo had? Kedrick Golston? Keomateau? Barry Coefield? lol

Fans are always looking to discredit their own players while drooling over players on other teams when in reality, those players look good because of the SYSTEM that they are playing in and who they have around them.

Lol, the system?!?!?! Seriously?!?!?! Ware has been a dominate force for a long time now. So has Suggs. But they're just system players? Please ...

oh come on man. He was the only person doing anything against their porus D-line yesterday.

Really? Possibly the all pro Justin Tuck was getting double teamed along with Canty and that left Pierre Paul in single matchups left to "shine"?

Or possibly the LT who was trying to block him all day was a scrub? Remember, Trent Wiliams DID NOT play yesterday. Easy to say crown a DE as all world when he's going up against some scrub backup. So what if some scrub rookie defensive end that plays on Kansas City gets 4 sacks in a game and you'd be ready to trade Orakpo for him, let alone that same no named defensive end may not even get another sack for the whole year.

---------- Post added December-19th-2011 at 06:32 PM ----------

Stealing? Maybe Orakpo should get there first ....

And the Chargers, Texans, Dolphins and Steelers don't seem to need to spend two first rounders to get production out of their OLBs ....

And why are we all excited that Orakpo got a sack against an NFC E opponent? Especially since he was matched up against a guard all day ....

---------- Post added December-19th-2011 at 01:24 PM ----------

Lol, the system?!?!?! Seriously?!?!?! Ware has been a dominate force for a long time now. So has Suggs. But they're just system players? Please ...

So what are you getting at? Are you mad that Brian Orakpo does not average 15 sacks a year like Demarcus Ware? Since he doesn't, he wasn't worth the draft pick? Guess you're also upset that Helu doesn't have as many yards as Adrian Peterson, or Hankerson doesn't get as many TDs as Calvin Johnson.

Chargers first rd picks merriman, English both OLBS granted they are not there now but they also dont have some great pass rush. The dolphins have a awful defense. Wake is a player but not like he was last year. The best OLBS in football. Ware, Williams, Mathews, suggs, all first rd picks. The exception is the steelers who are all credited to the greatest d coordinator of all time. The skins have One of the best pass rushes in the league two first rd picks on olb stop bull ****ing good pass OLB are usually first Rd picks its just the truth.

We beat Dallas last season in the opener when the game ended on an offensive holding penalty that Rak drew......he clearly would have had the sack on that play.

Can't really say for sure.. I've seen Rak with a few good opportunities for shots at Romo sits to pee in the past only to whiff or be completely juked out by said QB. Even on that play Romo sits to pee sensed pressure and made a good move to get himself throwing lane.

Chargers first rd picks merriman, English both OLBS granted they are not there now but they also dont have some great pass rush. The dolphins have a awful defense. Wake is a player but not like he was last year. The best OLBS in football. Ware, Williams, Mathews, suggs, all first rd picks. The exception is the steelers who are all credited to the greatest d coordinator of all time. The skins have One of the best pass rushes in the league two first rd picks on olb stop bull ****ing good pass OLB are usually first Rd picks its just the truth.

Antwan Barnes, Connor Barwin, James Harrison, Lamar Woodley, Cameron Wake, Ahmad Brooks and Brooks Reed all not first rounders. All producing.

And Orakpo is nowhere near the ones you mentioned. It's the truth.

People will always want to complain about something. Fact is that Orakpo and Kerrigan are VERY talented pass-rushers and players. Kerrigan is a little more stout against the run. Yesterday both of them notched a sack. Kerrigan's sack forced a fumble that Orakpo recovered. I was convinced it was a fumble after the replay but we didn't challenge it because it was 4th down anyway. But the fact is, given a lead to play with, both notched a sack, one of them forced a fumble that the other recovered and may have taken it 85 yards for a score if the correct call had been made. That is what you ask for from your pass-rushers and people need to quit ****ing.

Neither is on Ware's level because he is a sure-fire Hall of Famer. It's rare to get there for a reason.

People always ***** about Orakpo, yet he gets a sack against a lineman who has been very good throughout his career. Pierre-Paul, who many are saying is a premier pass-rusher in this league, didn't not register a single sack yesterday against an UNDRAFTED ROOKIE FREE AGENT. His lone sack came when he was completely unblocked. For those that want to complain about Orakpo being run at all the time, if you honestly don't think JPP's tackle total yesterday wasn't directly related to us constantly running the ball to his side all day then you are wrong.

The bottom line is that you saw yesterday what our two young OLB's are capable of when playing with a lead so that teams cannot just run the ball all day with the occasional play-action pass. That is the type of lead and game that most of the league's best pass-rusher's consistently get to play with, especially in the fourth quarter. The exception is a guy like Jared Allen who I am always very impressed with. He is doing this all on a team with what, 2-3 wins? Another guy that is probably bound for the HOF....

Kerrigan's sack forced a fumble that Orakpo recovered. I was convinced it was a fumble after the replay but we didn't challenge it because it was 4th down anyway.

damn right it was ... man, that killed me. i was like, "Am I the only one seeing this!!! :mad::mad:

great post moon ...

Do you think that Orakpo has lived up to his status as a #13 overall pick? I dont believe so. I think he's played up to the expectations of maybe a second round pick.

Orakpo had more pressures and pressures per drop back than either Ware or Suggs midway through the season.

Suggs is good but he does get flagged a lot, including an extremely costly penalty last night that directly led to a SD touchdown that broke the game open.

---------- Post added December-19th-2011 at 02:02 PM ----------

Do you think that Orakpo has lived up to his status as a #13 overall pick? I dont believe so. I think he's played up to the expectations of maybe a second round pick.

Then you have crazy expectations. You don't expect second rounders to be annual Probowlers like Orakpo.

Antwan Barnes, Connor Barwin, James Harrison, Lamar Woodley, Cameron Wake, Ahmad Brooks and Brooks Reed all not first rounders. All producing.

And Orakpo is nowhere near the ones you mentioned. It's the truth.

IMHO you take all of them I'm taking rak ahead of all of them. Are they producing yea but other then the steelers OLBS who are all system regardless of what you think.( I can name 20 all pro lb for the steelers who don't do **** on other teams) I wouldn't want any of those guys. Most of them play on teams that have leads something we dont also wake is not what he was last year just watch him he's good but he a shell of last year.

Archived