Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011-12 CAA Basketball Thread

bushwack

24 turnovers is completely and utterly unacceptable, especially when 12 come from Bazemore & Delancey. If ODU had a decent PG that could control and distribute the ball we would be a completely better team, yet there is no true PG on the team and Delancey is horrible. It sucks that Bazemore is going to go out on a down note because of the fact that we don't have a guy that can handle the ball.

VCU pulled out a win at GSU in a dogfight. They got W&M on the road next(if that's considered road with VCU usually bringing hundreds of fans). VCU, GMU, and Drexel are just going through the CAA trying to secure that top spot. Those VCU@GMU & GMU@VCU(last game of the season) games are looking huge right now. Who knows what the last game of the season will mean for the seeds in the tourney?

sidenote: congrats Towson. Boy that sucks for UNCW though lol.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/46675/matchups-for-bracketbusters-released-2

Match ups for the televised BracketBusters games were released earlier today.

The CAA had 3 teams get televised games:

Fri. Feb. 17th Northern Iowa @ VCU (7:00 PM on ESPN2)

Sat. Feb. 18th Drexel @ Cleveland St. (11:00 AM on ESPNU)

Sat. Feb. 18th ODU @ Missouri St. (5:00 PM on ESPNU)

Wow, no Bracketbuster for GMU. The weak SOS is killing us right now and it's looking like were gonna have to win the CAA if we plan to go dancing in March.

No, they have a BracketBuster game vs. Lamar on Sat. Feb. 18th @ 4:00 PM, just not a televised game on ESPN2 or ESPNU.

No, they have a BracketBuster game vs. Lamar on Sat. Feb. 18th @ 4:00 PM, just not a televised game on ESPN2 or ESPNU.

Got effed over. I don't care how weak the SOS and rpi are, you're talking about a team that is in 1st place in the conference. 1st place in the CAA getting matched up with the 6th best team in the Southland conference is a ****ing joke.

Well, not a marquee one then. Either way, still don't see GMU (or perhaps any of the CAA teams) getting an at-large bid.

I agree. I don't see how any team gets an at-large bid this year, no team really deserves it. The CAA is really down this year, and Drexel screwed the pooch at getting an at-large by losing four out of their first six games.

Mason was the major team to go down tonight, losing @ Delaware 65-60. Now there's a log jam of teams with 2 losses: Mason (10-2), Drexel (10-2), VCU (10-2), & ODU (9-2).

Yup, big games coming down the stretch now starting with ODU @ mason this Saturday.

Unfortunately while the 3 VA teams all still have to play each other, including VCU and mason twice, Drexel I believe only has to play ODU from here on out so I think they locked up #1 with the mason loss tonight. Their schedule is just too damn easy this year.

Yup, big games coming down the stretch now starting with ODU @ mason this Saturday.

Unfortunately while the 3 VA teams all still have to play each other, including VCU and mason twice, Drexel I believe only has to play ODU from here on out so I think they locked up #1 with the mason loss tonight. Their schedule is just too damn easy this year.

Yeah, I only see Drexel losing one more CAA game, which is their game @ ODU. Their other two away games are Towson (W) & JMU (Most likely a W).

Archived