Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011-12 CAA Basketball Thread

bushwack

Well JMU had a good start to the year with a win of Canisius. Transfer AJ Davis had 23 points and Humpty Hitchens had 26 points. If we can come out of OOC play at 5-2 without Devon Moore then we'll be in good shape IMO. The biggest question mark will be our post game, but I think we'll be in good shape and end up finishing in the top 4 in the CAA

Well Towson has had a rough start so far but that's to be expected when you play the #11 and #17 teams

Kinda had to expect this to happen with Towson pretty much having to rebuild that team. They'll have their lumps this year, but I think with Skerry as the coach and his ability to already recruit he could very well turn them around.

Kinda had to expect this to happen with Towson pretty much having to rebuild that team. They'll have their lumps this year, but I think with Skerry as the coach and his ability to already recruit he could very well turn them around.

I agree. I have 0 expectations for them this year. I just want them to be competitive in conference and win a few games. Gotta start somewhere

The young backcourt is killing us. Byron Allen just looked uncomfortable back there, and in the end Pearson tried to do way too much. Terrible game, I'm surprised we were able to take it to OT.
That's what happens when you lose your 3 top ballhandlers (Cam graduated, Luke transferred, Cornelius being idiotic).

no doubt in my mind if we had luke and andre we would have won that game.

we are really gonna miss luke this year IMO. allen looked pretty bad last night

Allen can score, but turnovers are going to be a serious issue this season

---------- Post added November-15th-2011 at 02:50 PM ----------

is the game on espn360 tonight?

Nope...

I went to VCU's first game of the season against St. Francis. The team looked and played like a very young team. Their shooting percentage was in the cellar, somewhere around 30% and their half court defense was poor. However, they looked very athletic and its one of the tallest teams I remember us having. Bradford Burgess had a terrible night as well but Reddic was a monster and looks to be our #2 scoring option. I'm not sure I'm sold on Theus as being the starting point guard. He plays good defense and controls the ball well but since the defending team knows he's not a scoring option they were able to double Burgess a lot. The freshman Weber looked good at PG and could push for more minutes. Like many of the other CAA teams I think VCU will start off slow this season and begin to play better later in the year as they gain more experience.

Archived