Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question: What Do You Want Danny To Do NOW?

kleese

My shades are not colored at all. But they are tired of seeing a change every two years. They see a Defense with some young talent. They see a serious need for a true NT though.

There may be a little talent in the Front 7. The secondary is a disaster. And I still think we are running the wrong defense.

They see a WR core with youth and maybe talent. Maybe. Hankerson and Austin have yet to have any real opportunities and with Beck throwing to them they may not get many this season.

I don't think there is one receiver on this team who could crack the top three man on a team with playoff aspirations.

They see a QB situation that is among the worst in the league.

Well, if that's the biggest problem, we are fine.

And overall a team that needs some kind of continuity. A team that needs it's owner to stay the **** away. I have no idea if Shanahan and Son are going to right this ship with the time they're given. No idea.

This team needs five years of work to become a winner, not two.

By the time Shanahan is 70 and doesn't remember what color the challenge flag is, we will be right back in this thing.

Also, you should be able to turn a team over twice in 5 years. The Eagles will have rebuilt themselves three times by then. That's the biggest problem with this, "It takes x years to rebuild" thing. There is a presumption that the other teams in this division are standing still. The Cowboys are kind of a mess. Yet, they have Sean Lee and Dez Bryant - basically two kids who look like players who should be All Pros for the next seven years. They are already ahead of us in a rebuilding plan....and they don't seem to be rebuilding.

As I pointed out, the Steelers aren't rebuilidng. And they have a young group of receivers that is terrifying.

I am not crying win now but I do expect to show improvement and at least be competitive after 2 drafts. Kind of like Carolina or Cincinnati.

Edit: Our rebuilding looks like we are using wood full of termites.

And how do you expect that when the offense is eaten up by injuries?

Fv21 define results?

I haven't spoke about results. I don't claim to know what will happen and I don't claim that our current state is positive.

I do believe that if Shanahan gets a fair five years then we will be in better shape for the next coach than we were before Shanahan took over. This would then lead Danny to stay away again and let the next coach do his job to build on what he was given.

And if that alone is Shanahan's legacy I will not be unhappy.

I haven't spoke about results. I don't claim to know what will happen and I don't claim that our current state is positive.

I do believe that if Shanahan gets a fair five years then we will be in better shape for the next coach that we were before Shanahan took over. This would then lead Danny to stay away again and let the next coach do his job to build on what he was given.

And if that alone is Shanahan's legacy I will not be unhappy.

Lol Dan will fire Kyle this offseason.

And how do you expect that when the offense is eaten up by injuries?

You know what?

Horse**** to that.

Every year, I hear about injuries. We were the healthiest team in the league for the first month. That's a fact. Other teams deal with injuries too. They don't get shut out because of them.

You know what team would win the Super Bowl if they never dealt with injuries?

All of them.

---------- Post added October-31st-2011 at 08:13 AM ----------

I wont judge shanny until the five year contract is up

I may be dead by then.

We need a Quarterback period. End of discussion.

There's still a weak O-line issue toaddress, I don't are who's in as QB without a line you'll have no running game and no protection. So I respectfully disagree with the simplistic commentof just getting a QB.

Also' date=' you should be able to turn a team over twice in 5 years. The Eagles will have rebuilt themselves three times by then. That's the biggest problem with this, "It takes x years to rebuild" thing. There is a presumption that the other teams in this division are standing still. The Cowboys are kind of a mess. Yet, they have Sean Lee and Dez Bryant - basically two kids who look like players who should be All Pros for the next seven years. They are already ahead of us in a rebuilding plan....and they don't seem to be rebuilding.

As I pointed out, the Steelers aren't rebuilidng. And they have a young group of receivers that is terrifying.[/quote']

However, you're assuming that Shanahan was handed a team with talent. And he was not. He was handed a pile of garbage. The Eagles and Steelers have had a fantastic talent base to build on for ten years now so comparing us to them isn't fair.

Our team was in such terrible shape that it will take five years to build a talent base so that we can compete.

Even before training camp began, starting quarterback looked like a placeholder job for the Washington Redskins, who opted this year to address many other holes in the roster after a third consecutive last-place finish.

Coach Mike Shanahan begged to differ, saying he would stake his Super Bowl-winning reputation on Rex Grossman and John Beck.

I don't think Dan hired the right guys. Zorn had more wins at this point in his second season than Shanahan and Bruce Allen was released from the Bucs for a reason.

I've read this a couple of times: people don't seem to realize the terrible shape the Redskins were in when Shanahan and Allen took over. They were 4-12, despite facing 6 consecutive winless teams. That was an NFL record. IN those games, the Redskins went 2-4.

People also forget Zorn took over a playoff roster. One that Cerrato dismantled into the aforementioned train rex (see what I did there?).

This is going to take a lot more than one or two offseasons to fix. Year one, Allen and Shanahan used the uncapped year brilliantly to shed terrible contracts, pay out exorbitant bonuses and sign fillers to get the team under financial control. This past offseason, the lockout hurt, however, we filled many defensive holes, however our offense was left largely untouched. The traded for Hightower, signed Chester, drafted Helu, Paul and Hankerson, primarily. We have the 2nd least expensive offense. We were mediocre when we were fully healthy. We are missing our starting left side of the line, our starting RB, starting WR and Cooley has never been healthy this year.

This is going to take time to get it right. We asked for Snyder's patience, now, shouldn't we grant him the same?

However, you're assuming that Shanahan was handed a team with talent. And he was not. He was handed a pile of garbage. The Eagles and Steelers have had a fantastic talent base to build on for ten years now so comparing us to them isn't fair.

Our team was in such terrible shape that it will take five years to build a talent base so that we can compete.

It's been two years now: Name the guy who is going to make multiple all pro teams that Shanahan has brought in.

You know what?

Horse**** to that.

Every year' date=' I hear about injuries. We were the healthiest team in the league for the first month. That's a fact. Other teams deal with injuries too. They don't get shut out because of them.

You know what team would win the Super Bowl if they never dealt with injuries?

All of them[/quote']

It's certainly not horse****.

Take away ANY team's starting RB and #1WR and tell me how they are going to fare on a Sunday. Couple that with a few starters on OL and it compounds the problem.

I'm certainly not saying this team is a worldbeater with those guys in there. But it does help the opposing defense significantly when they aren't.

It's been two years now: Name the guy who is going to make multiple all pro teams that Shanahan has brought in.

Kerrigan? Williams? They have the potential to.

I can't say. But what I do know is that giving Shanahan five years is better than the alternative which we all know would be Danny taking back over.

It's certainly not horse****.

Take away ANY team's starting RB and #1WR and tell me how they are going to fare on a Sunday. Couple that with a few starters on OL and it compounds the problem.

I'm certainly not saying this team is a worldbeater with those guys in there. But it does help the opposing defense significantly when they aren't.

I hate to keep coming back to this, but they game was on at the same time. The Steelers just shut down the Patriots with three backups at LB and one starting LB playing out of position. I get that they are a more talented team than us. But I don't get why their backups are more talented than our starters.

Hold the line. We dom't need a new coach we need more good players. We were never going to be a playoff team this season so lets just look at the players we have on this team and look forward to the next draft and free agency. We are still building a team from what was left when we changed coaches. Were still a work in progress.

Bingo.

The fan base is getting what they asked for. But now they can't handle it.

That's how I feel. I respect the opinions of those who are calling for the Coaches collective heads but I feel like they're acting exactly how we don't want our owner to act.

They wanted Danny to back off but they still expected the exact quick turn around winning team results in less than two years that Danny kept trying to accomplish.

Danny and Allen need to help Kyle find a College HEAD coaching job at a smaller school. That way you can keep Shanny and get yourself a OC who isn't also the son of the HC.

As far as anything else.....Snyder shouldn't do anything right now. Its up to Allen/Shanny to start cutting cuts today that aren't producing and replacing them with practice sqaud/UFL guys.

Here is my cut list for today...meaning they shouldn't be on the roster come tomorrow.

Brandon Banks - He always brings the ball out of the endzone on kickoffs even when he's been stopped well before the 20 a few times in a row. He doesn't play WR either. I'd be find with Austin returning kicks now.

Kevin Barnes - You can tell before the snap he's about to give up a pass. His technique is awful and he can't cover.

Reed Doughty - He's just using a roster spot and when he's in on D, he's struggling at Safety.

Rex Grossman - No reason to keep him around and/or ever put him in again.

Sean Locklear - He can't play LT. I'd rather move brown over because this dude is not cutting it.

Donte Stallworth - Another wasted roster spot on a guy who isn't going to be around long.

I know, I know...."Who will take their spots?"

It doesn't matter. I'd rather the best LT in the UFL be on this roster than the backups we've got. Same with QB over Rex. You don't need Banks taking up a spot when Austin can down kickoffs in the endzone.

DBs? Drop Barnes, pick up Leigh Bodden who will probably be your #2 since Wilson has struggled too.

Danny has had plenty of time to prove whether he knows much about football, IMO, he has proven he knows little. It's like asking my accountant to fix my car, it makes little sense. Likewise, i am not trusting that Danny knows more about football than Shanny. Also overreacting to bad things happening has arguably driven this team away from rebuilding which requires patience.

Archived