Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question: What Do You Want Danny To Do NOW?

kleese

I keep hearing the "We are rebuilding " theme. Although I am not saying this isn't a good idea, I really do not think Shanahan sees it that way.

If he did, what would be the point of benching Rex Grossman when we were 3-2 after both Moss and Gaffney were backing him?

There would have been plenty of games to evaluate John Beck after we were out of contention if Rex continued to lose and it would have given us better draft picks to rebuild with.

Although we want to use the excuse we are rebuilding as to why we are not a good football team I don't think it holds weight.

Please tell me when was the last time you hear any NFL coach said "We're rebuilding"

That's a Taboo words NFL is still a business last time I check. They need to give us some hope so we can go to the games and/or buy more merchandises.

Also, Shanny wasn't here the last 20 years so that's not his fault for us to keep "rebuilding" every 2 years. Rebuilding is drafting players and sign good FA. Not trading away high picks and signing aging Vets, That's not rebuilding. If you're impatient, come back in 2 years and enjoy your Sunday the next 2 years doing something else because it won't be pretty.

Patience is probably just running thin for a majority because they see other franchises bring in new GM's and coaches and they turn themselves around in 1 or 2 years. After a performance like we gave against Buffalo, I don't blame a fan base for feeling let down. The game gave everyone a feeling of regression, it really felt like we watched a Zorn coached game.

Yet we have better players and talent than when in that era, but the result was the same.

I hope that the heart and character that they Front Office has brought in will turn their performance around at home against the 49ers...

....Or we will hear a lot of booing :(

Isn't that Allen's job?

But why did Dan Snyder choose Allen? He has a mixed track record. Far more likely that he was chosen because of the historical link.

He also got released in Tampa. If he doesn't have success in DC, I'd rather see somebody who has only ever gone upwards. But I'd far rather he succeed to begin with.

Please tell me when was the last time you hear any NFL coach said "We're rebuilding"

That's a Taboo words NFL is still a business last time I check. They need to give us some hope so we can go to the games and/or buy more merchandises.

Also, Shanny wasn't here the last 20 years so that's not his fault for us to keep "rebuilding" every 2 years. Rebuilding is drafting players and sign good FA. Not trading away high picks and signing aging Vets, That's not rebuilding. If you're impatient, come back in 2 years and enjoy your Sunday the next 2 years doing something else because it won't be pretty.

...and in two years when Shanahan is gone, Dan makes some sexy signings to keep his buisness (wallet) straight, and we are rebuilding, what then?

Until I see proof of an improved product on the field I cannot buy the rebuilding philosophy when it comes to the Redskins.

Archived